I'm really looking hard @ the iPhone 4, but lack of push mail is a deal killer for me.
    Does anyone know if mobileme will push comcast.net emails?????
    06-11-10 10:21 AM
    I'm really looking hard @ the iPhone 4, but lack of push mail is a deal killer for me.
    Yes it will push. You would have your comcast emails automatically forwarded to your mobile me account and it's pushed to your device. Push is also available without mobileme for gmail and yahoo so you could just have your email forwarded to one of those accounts if you have one and not pay for mobile me service. I find that yahoo push works more consistently than gmail.
    06-11-10 10:25 AM
    Not sure about comcast but my gmail is push on my iPhone.
    06-11-10 10:25 AM
    I have my gmail forwarded to my MobileMe account, works great.
    06-11-10 11:28 AM
    Any account that is forwarded to a mobileme account is capable of push.
    06-11-10 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the input, peeps.
    I honestly can't believe I'm leaning in this direction, but........??
    I seem to be getting used to the touch screen keypad on my kids touch so the killer is push mail.
    I've already decided to go "g-mail" so I'm not held hostage if I wanna change isp.
    Thanks so much.
    Berryjunkie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:50 PM
    The sad part is not push e-mail, but having to change your screen name. lol.
    06-11-10 02:55 PM
    He ha....never thought of that. Maybe I'll just have to rock an iPhone, and masquerade as a "berryjunkie". I do have an image to maintain. I'll deff wait for the 9800 Slider to drop before I make any hasty decisions. THAT could be the "ticket".

06-11-10 03:48 PM
    He ha....never thought of that. Maybe I'll just have to rock an iPhone, and masquerade as a "berryjunkie". I do have an image to maintain. I'll deff wait for the 9800 Slider to drop before I make any hasty decisions. THAT could be the "ticket".

Just change your name to iBerry junkie. It's possible to be both
    06-11-10 04:08 PM
    Just change your name to iBerry junkie. It's possible to be both
    �� iBerryjunkie �� I like it! �

06-11-10 06:50 PM
    I'd take my 3gs seriously, and take a 4g as well IF.....
    1) The batt actually lasted half as long as my 9700.
    2) Since the only decent push on this thing is mobileme... It would be nice if mobileme could accommodate a "sent from" feature like the bb email address. That way you could fwd ur pop3 email to it and you could answer from mobileme and still display ur [email protected]

06-11-10 09:54 PM

The 9800 is definitely the ticket my friend.

06-11-10 09:58 PM
    The 9800 is definitely the ticket my friend.

Yo t-zone-thats what I'm talkin bout!!!!

06-11-10 10:40 PM
    I need blackberry to gimme something different. Something to get excited about.
    I need a BIG screen that'll get to the web pages I need to.

Last edited by berryjunkie; 06-11-10 at 10:46 PM.
    06-11-10 10:42 PM
    I'd take my 3gs seriously, and take a 4g as well IF.....
    1) The batt actually lasted half as long as my 9700.
    2) Since the only decent push on this thing is mobileme... It would be nice if mobileme could accommodate a "sent from" feature like the bb email address. That way you could fwd ur pop3 email to it and you could answer from mobileme and still display ur [email protected]

i've got my gmail forwarded to my mobileme, then i set up my gmail on my iphone, but dont have it checking for anything since its forwarded, BUT, this way when i receive an email, i can choose which email addy to respond from. i think its what you're wanting to do, but its gonna take one extra step. the new os 4 is supposed to allow you to send emails from aliases on mobileme, thats what i'm excited about!

to the op, yahoo push is hit and miss for me, and the gmail exchange push is as well. i know that mobile me can be a little steep at 100 bucks a year, but trust me that it is well worth it. the ability to access my email on any computer, and iphone is great. push mail, push calendar sync both ways, push contacts both ways, find my iphone, and 20 gigs of online storage with idisk is awesome! i also like the alias feature of mobileme. i have my primary work email, then a few more that i use for friends and forums. its very nice and you can try out all the features minus aliases for 60 days for free i think.
    06-12-10 12:12 AM
    If you use gmail as your primary email, I'd go with an android phone. Google is really pushing the envelope with features and has surpassed apple with features. Apple still has more apps and is a more polished product, but that may change with the upcoming froyo and gingerbread releases.
    06-12-10 01:06 AM
    If you use gmail as your primary email, I'd go with an android phone. Google is really pushing the envelope with features and has surpassed apple with features. Apple still has more apps and is a more polished product, but that may change with the upcoming froyo and gingerbread releases.
    If I didn't have my Nexus One or 3Gs, I would have
    went thought that. For me, my 3Gs pushes faster
    than my Nexus One. I was actually stunned that it
    would take 1-2 minutes. Then I realized it was
    due to wifi going into sleep when the phone is locked.
    I fixed that problem, but my 3Gs still beats it by a
    few seconds every time.
    06-12-10 01:10 AM
    i've got my gmail forwarded to my mobileme, then i set up my gmail on my iphone, but dont have it checking for anything since its forwarded, BUT, this way when i receive an email, i can choose which email addy to respond from. i think its what you're wanting to do, but its gonna take one extra step. the new os 4 is supposed to allow you to send emails from aliases on mobileme, thats what i'm excited about!

to the op, yahoo push is hit and miss for me, and the gmail exchange push is as well. i know that mobile me can be a little steep at 100 bucks a year, but trust me that it is well worth it. the ability to access my email on any computer, and iphone is great. push mail, push calendar sync both ways, push contacts both ways, find my iphone, and 20 gigs of online storage with idisk is awesome! i also like the alias feature of mobileme. i have my primary work email, then a few more that i use for friends and forums. its very nice and you can try out all the features minus aliases for 60 days for free i think.

"os 4 is supposed to allow you to send emails from aliases on mobileme, thats what i'm excited about! " --------- if THAT part is true-- I'm seriously gonna give the 4g a shot. At least till the 9800 gets here. Thank-You.

06-12-10 04:57 AM
    I've always told my iPhone friends, if iPhone had a physical key pad & push mail, I'd own it. I'm hoping the 9800 is that device.
    A bunch a web sites I need to frequent go a few pages deep and the berry native browner is "painful" for that, so......if the 6.0 web kit browser let's me achieve that, I'll be a happier camper!!!!

06-12-10 06:07 AM
    Quick question about this, is there a noticeable difference between push gmail between Blackberry and the Iphone? Or is it pretty much negligible? I know now with my Storm, when an email hits my gmail inbox, it takes about 45 to 60 seconds before it hits my blackberry. How much longer would it take with the Iphone?
    06-15-10 08:47 AM
    Quick question about this, is there a noticeable difference between push gmail between Blackberry and the Iphone? Or is it pretty much negligible? I know now with my Storm, when an email hits my gmail inbox, it takes about 45 to 60 seconds before it hits my blackberry. How much longer would it take with the Iphone?
    It seems to be about the same for me. The honest truth is that I think that push mail is over rated. For the most part I could live with fetch checking my inbox every 15 mins if I had to but the push seems fairly instant.
    06-15-10 12:22 PM
    The honest truth is that I think that push mail is over rated.
    Not for anybody who makes a living using their phone and is not on an enterprise server.
    06-15-10 12:33 PM
    It seems to be about the same for me. The honest truth is that I think that push mail is over rated. For the most part I could live with fetch checking my inbox every 15 mins if I had to but the push seems fairly instant.

So using push gmail is basically the same between the iphone and blackberry? If so, what's all this talk of using moblieme if there's no difference then?
    Last edited by Double 0; 06-15-10 at 01:06 PM.
    06-15-10 01:03 PM
    OP, I dont know if you had own ipod touch? anyway, why you need mobileme?

You look those example, and get an idea.

"iOS 4 walkthrough" from TIPB.com

or

Comcast has own apps for Iphone/ iTouch

its my c-email.net via ipod..
    06-16-10 06:28 PM
    Since Im just now going back to an iPhone for the first time since 2007, how do you setup push Gmail on the iPhone?
    06-16-10 09:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD