Thanks, but I'll pass.
    Oh come on! You know your curious. It really is smooth, transitions are great. Sound is great. Its amazing. lol. Test it on a friends storm, if you have any.
    08-30-09 02:27 AM
    Oh come on! You know your curious. It really is smooth, transitions are great. Sound is great. Its amazing. lol. Test it on a friends storm, if you have any.
    All my friends who had the Storm got rid of it. I guess I'm missing out...
    08-30-09 03:49 AM
    All my friends who had the Storm got rid of it. I guess I'm missing out...
    To be fair, did they get rid of it before or after 5.0.0.191 appeared in the world? Chances are they did before. .191 really has upped the game for the Storm and all BBs.
    08-30-09 11:08 AM
    To be fair, did they get rid of it before or after 5.0.0.191 appeared in the world? Chances are they did before. .191 really has upped the game for the Storm and all BBs.
    Before. They got tired of waiting for a good OS for the device to come out. Most of them got rid of it before the first Verizon official release which took forever.
    08-30-09 01:17 PM
    Before. They got tired of waiting for a good OS for the device to come out. Most of them got rid of it before the first Verizon official release which took forever.
    The first Verizon official release was like what 2 or 3 weeks after launch. Thats forever i guess
    08-30-09 02:08 PM
    The first Verizon official release was like what 2 or 3 weeks after launch. Thats forever i guess
    It could of been the "Gold Code" from god himself and 99% of the haters would still have issues with the storm, no matter what it did the storm UI or functionality wise. The only way they would of been happy with the storm is if the "Gold Code" could of magically turned into teh IpHoNe after the update
    08-30-09 02:12 PM
    I thought the first good release they had was a few months after release. I guess they just wanted something that worked right out of the box then if 3 weeks was too long.
    08-30-09 03:39 PM
    The only way they would of been happy with the storm is if the "Gold Code" could of magically turned into teh IpHoNe after the update
    Not at all. The iPhone is the iPhone and the Storm is the Storm. Why have 2 devices that are the same? Although there are a ton of iPhone themes for the Storm. Don't work as smooth though.
    08-30-09 03:42 PM
    Its all about the apps. I have 89 loaded on mine, all but 5 were free. And all full versions. Like the commercials says there's an app for everything. That's no lie. From games to whatever you can think of. That's what I miss. I've found the same apps on bbaworld but, instead of being free like on tunes they were $3.00 - 5.00. What's up with that?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-08-10 08:56 PM
    LMAO at any Storm owner that thinks the storm is even on the same plain as the iphone. I know I am wasting my breath but the Storm is not a good device, come on a clicking screen! For the record there is just nothing that a Storm owner can say to me that I give a crap about. As for the rest of the berry users, they make very valid points about the pros and cons of their bb of choice. I know that there are some things that I miss about my curve, but as far as touch screen phones go the Storm is not even the second best one on the market, I would take a Pre or one of the new Android phones over a Storm any day.
    01-08-10 09:04 PM
    5.0 on the BB Storm has surpassed iPhones UI.
    Um no!! I have the Storm 1 with OS 5.0.0.419 (official release) and it's still crap!!!
    The UI is still sluggish (better than 4.0 thank god) and the browser is horrible.

I find myself using the iPhone alot more for it's smooth and quick UI, the browser and the various apps that happen to run extremely smooth. I can't get rid of my Storm since it's on BES.
    01-08-10 09:55 PM
    Um no!! I have the Storm 1 with OS 5.0.0.419 (official release) and it's still crap!!!
    The UI is still sluggish (better than 4.0 thank god) and the browser is horrible.

I find myself using the iPhone alot more for it's smooth and quick UI, the browser and the various apps that happen to run extremely smooth
    Yep that's exactly y I have the iphone now well that and I'm done with all the battery pulls as well and the apps being not as good or not There at all

01-08-10 10:12 PM
    5.0 on the BB Storm has surpassed iPhones UI.
    Wow....don't be ignorant. You're sounding like a fanboy.
    01-09-10 12:16 AM
    I'm not a phone hater, and was a blackberry lover until I met the iPhone. It is totally amazing how much more advanced the iPhone is (not bashing the BB, cause I still have one too)
    01-11-10 02:18 PM
    Well, just the fact that iPhone is made by Apple helps a lot. All the fanboys will follow anything that Apple does without question!
    07-08-10 11:05 AM
    IMO, the most amazing thing being produced by Apple is their marketing. Their PR machine is incredibly strong. They have made people feel like they need an iPhone or they are somehow missing out on something. Going from a dumb phone to an iPhone is an amazing experience, but from a BB or other SmartPhone to an iPhone, there isn't as much of an OMG factor.IMO

Chillax, Bro. He's just pushing your buttons, he obviously read your post...
    Bingo! Coming from a Razr to an iPhone...yeah, the iPhone is fascinating. But coming from a 9700 (or even a 9000)? No.

Quite honestly, I really do miss my 9700. IMO, when it comes to call management, notifications and email, the BB is king...hands down. There is no question in my mind. Now, I knew this going in, and I'm willing to deal with the tradeoffs (at least until my 30 days are up), because of my current need for stronger multimedia capabilities.
    07-08-10 05:18 PM
    Well, just the fact that iPhone is made by Apple helps a lot. All the fanboys will follow anything that Apple does without question!
    07-08-10 06:24 PM
292 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD