sure they exist for the storm but not nearly as popular of a seller as the ifart apps out there. I know its an outdated article but it shows how many users purchased one for there iphone.

iPhone Fart App Rakes in $10,000 a Day | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    why is it that each time one of your arguments is shown to be not valid, you've got another one to add. first it was the iphone is a toy and has fart apps, blackberry is for power business users and adults. now that i show that the blackberry has just as many ignorant apps, its, well they arent as popular, and look how much that app makes. you cant start to debate something, and when you are shown to be wrong, change the rules again midstream. those apps i found were just some of the ones i found on the first few pages of app world. go check the app world yourself and see how many actually exist. heck, the first one is even a featured app on the front page of crackberry's own blog. i mean if you're gonna go that route, then why is docs to go only 9.99 for the iphone, but 30 bucks for a berry? because adults can afford to pay more?
    Last edited by Cobra302; 08-28-09 at 06:44 PM.
    08-28-09 06:42 PM
    But thats the thing with RIM OSs. [B]Early builds are not too far off from finished products. [/B]They just aren't polished and have bugs (well they always have bugs). The OS looks the same as 4.5+ with some new "features". BBM is different, SMS is different, they included drop down menus like the Storm has for every device. The OS overall is the same as the past. It's OK though because most BB users are happy with it the way it is, that's why you only see RIM upgrading hardware and barely anything with the OS.

And this is why the browser is still half-assed and they needed to acquire a different company to make a good one (hopefully). I wish RIM luck though, I love their devices, very reliable, I would just like to see some type of change.
    your WRONG! Look at the difference between .148 and .151. 3 Builds higher and most people will agree that the difference is night and day. What do you know about RIM OS testing...nada.
    08-28-09 07:16 PM
    why is it that each time one of your arguments is shown to be not valid, you've got another one to add. first it was the iphone is a toy and has fart apps, blackberry is for power business users and adults. now that i show that the blackberry has just as many ignorant apps, its, well they arent as popular, and look how much that app makes. you cant start to debate something, and when you are shown to be wrong, change the rules again midstream. those apps i found were just some of the ones i found on the first few pages of app world. go check the app world yourself and see how many actually exist. heck, the first one is even a featured app on the front page of crackberry's own blog. i mean if you're gonna go that route, then why is docs to go only 9.99 for the iphone, but 30 bucks for a berry? because adults can afford to pay more?
    Im not going to read all this junk.

The reason why your first couple of sentences are invalid, is because every point that Paul has brought up about the iPhone has been a pretty valid observation. Yeah maybe he adds a little humor into it, but for the most part his observations of the iPhone are pretty accurate. He throws factual websites in you guys faces, yet you still retreat into denial and argue that your phone is a gift from god.

Why are your 3Gs blowing up in peoples faces???

Belgian teenager latest victim of exploding iPhone phenomenon

iPhone 3G burns car seat - SaudiMac

French iPhone explodes mid-call, glass screen sent flying - SlashGear

3G iPhone Catches Fire -- Is Apple's Handset Hotter Than We Think?

Fudzilla - Iphone catches fire

Yet another iPhone Fire | iPhoneSpies

Apple iPhone 3GS has overheating problem, users say | Latest News | News.com.au

iPhone explodes from unlock attempt (picture) | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

And you guys say hardware isnt important.

Give credit where credit is due.
    08-28-09 07:29 PM
    why is it that each time one of your arguments is shown to be not valid(PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF THIS) , you've got another one to add. first it was the iphone is a toy and has fart apps, blackberry is for power business users and adults. now that i show that the blackberry has just as many ignorant apps, its, well they arent as popular, and look how much that app makes. you cant start to debate something, and when you are shown to be wrong, change the rules again midstream. those apps i found were just some of the ones i found on the first few pages of app world. go check the app world yourself and see how many actually exist. heck, the first one is even a featured app on the front page of crackberry's own blog. i mean if you're gonna go that route, then why is docs to go only 9.99 for the iphone, but 30 bucks for a berry? because adults can afford to pay more?
    How have my arguements been shown not to be valid? You must have me confused with someone else because I dont just ignore posts like many of the Iphone boys do to the articles or posts that myself or card make. I actually respond with answers.

I never said it was a toy. Please find this post and prove me wrong. Next I never said the storm was for business power users I simply stated that in my opinion the Storm is for the more mature older crowd. I dont change the rules mid debate. I really dont know where your getting this from. Again you must have me confused with RCTrollins or scorpiodsu or someone else.

And to be honest I dont really know why the apps cost more for blackberry. Maybe its because they cost more to develop. It might be because an app for a BB has more security issues that need to be addressed before they can get it put together. Maybe the Iphone apps dont have to meet the same security requirements as BB apps.

I still think the Iphone is for the younger less mature users and once they get to adulthood they will see that BB is the way to go. Not to mention how many kids that had there parents buy them iphones and arent on these type of websites therefore they cant contribute to the polls. If they could Im sure the numbers would show even more how 12 -18 year olds have the iphone. Did you get a chance to check out the polls showing the age of the BB storm users compared to the age of the iphone users. The numbers dont lie.
    08-29-09 01:15 AM
    your WRONG! Look at the difference between .148 and .151. 3 Builds higher and most people will agree that the difference is night and day. What do you know about RIM OS testing...nada.
    No, I'm not wrong. The OS is essentially the same, one with less bugs than the other. Learn to read. Of coarse its going to be night and day when one has more bugs than the other. But the OS is the SAME. You tell me the difference (not talking about performance or stability).
    08-29-09 10:51 AM
    I still think the Iphone is for the younger less mature users and once they get to adulthood they will see that BB is the way to go. Not to mention how many kids that had there parents buy them iphones and arent on these type of websites therefore they cant contribute to the polls. If they could Im sure the numbers would show even more how 12 -18 year olds have the iphone. Did you get a chance to check out the polls showing the age of the BB storm users compared to the age of the iphone users. The numbers dont lie.
    You keep thinking that while parents keep buying their kids BOGO Curves. The numbers do lie, you have people voting that don't even have the phone.

I really don't get why you think people will "snap out" of liking the iPhone. It is a choice, not a maturity thing. People like what they like. You have to be more mature to like the Storm? What if I don't like the Storm because it doesn't perform as good as the iPhone? What if I don't like the Storm because I wanted a phone that easily syncs with my Mac? What if I wanted the best touchscreen on the market? This makes me 12?

A lot of new phones now are very flashy with the OS and design of the phone. Are they not up to the same maturity level a BB requires? Having a BB doesn't make you mature or better than anyone else. You make it sound like owning a certain device will get you more cutty.

Last time I checked owning a certain device doesn't make you an adult.
    08-29-09 10:59 AM
    No, I'm not wrong. The OS is essentially the same, one with less bugs than the other. Learn to read. Of coarse its going to be night and day when one has more bugs than the other. But the OS is the SAME. You tell me the difference (not talking about performance or stability).
    Yes, this is how coding works. Snow Leopard is just an improvement to Apple's current OS. 3GS, Windows 7, Linux, BB, etc... Nobody's "writing a new OS from scratch". It's called refinement. What exactly are you looking for in an OS BESIDES Performance or Stability? Flashiness? I'll pass in favor of the first two.
    08-29-09 11:50 AM
    You keep thinking that while parents keep buying their kids BOGO Curves. The numbers do lie, you have people voting that don't even have the phone.

I really don't get why you think people will "snap out" of liking the iPhone. It is a choice, not a maturity thing. People like what they like. You have to be more mature to like the Storm? What if I don't like the Storm because it doesn't perform as good as the iPhone? What if I don't like the Storm because I wanted a phone that easily syncs with my Mac? What if I wanted the best touchscreen on the market? This makes me 12?

A lot of new phones now are very flashy with the OS and design of the phone. Are they not up to the same maturity level a BB requires? Having a BB doesn't make you mature or better than anyone else. You make it sound like owning a certain device will get you more cutty.

+ 1

But just so you know... Nothing will get through to anyone around these parts...
    08-29-09 11:55 AM
    Yes, this is how coding works. Snow Leopard is just an improvement to Apple's current OS. 3GS, Windows 7, Linux, BB, etc... Nobody's "writing a new OS from scratch". It's called refinement. What exactly are you looking for in an OS BESIDES Performance or Stability? Flashiness? I'll pass in favor of the first two.
    No. I was originally talking about RIM making a build specifically for the Storm. Touch screen optimized. Not the same OS they have on every QWERTY BB thrown onto the Storm. Which is what the Storm 1 has running on it now. I know OS builds are for performance and stability. I'm not an *****.

Card Storm said I was wrong when I said 4.5+ looks exactly like 5.0 (besides the few new features), and how beta versions look exactly the same as final releases. That's the RIM OS. They go for performance and stability upgrades and I know this. But that doesn't change the fact that the OS looks exactly the same for quite a long time now.

It is time for some change, and it doesn't matter what you would rather have. This topic has been beat to death and even BGR said it that RIM needs to step up their software and consumer game. Every new OS out their is stepping up the game, while RIM only produces new hardware.

Now that everyone else finally has a good web browser, it is time for RIM to be the last one and play catch up. You can still work on performance and stability, while still trying to improve your OSs features.
    08-29-09 12:09 PM

Ive never tried to get anyone to "snap" out of it. I really dont care what they own. The problem is that the iPhone owners on here are a little arrogant and think there iPhones are the "best" phone out there. When in fact its been proven over and over that they are not in fact "da bomb" (unless your reading the latest about the exploding ones). Also, I have stated this several times and I will say it again. In my experiences I have noticed that the younger crowd are the ones with the iPhone. You are just twisting what I say just like the rest of your crew does. Its my opinion that the iPhone is for the less mature users and from what Ive seen on this site my point just keeps getting proved over and over.
    08-29-09 12:35 PM
    + 1

But just so you know... Nothing will get through to the iPhone users around these parts...
    fixed it for ya!

I agree totally. You can not get thru to those Iphone users.
    08-29-09 12:40 PM
    Ive never tried to get anyone to "snap" out of it. I really dont care what they own. The problem is that the iPhone owners on here are a little arrogant and think there iPhones are the "best" phone out there. When in fact its been proven over and over that they are not in fact "da bomb" (unless your reading the latest about the exploding ones). Also, I have stated this several times and I will say it again. In my experiences I have noticed that the younger crowd are the ones with the iPhone. You are just twisting what I say just like the rest of your crew does. Its my opinion that the iPhone is for the less mature users and from what Ive seen on this site my point just keeps getting proved over and over.
    How is your point proven over and over? What have iPhone users done on these boards to be considered immature? How am I twisting what you say? You said that once iPhone users grow up they will realize a BB is the way to go. What did I twist? Who is my crew? Sorry I don't run around the forums like you and Card Storm and start trouble in other device sections. Even the mods picked you out on this.

You know what's immature? That Storm users need a rants & raves section to ***** and moan about their device. You know what else is immature? All the other sub-forums the Storm section has. Every other device works fine with the 1 forum setup, and handles posts in a grown up manner, but not Storm users. I can care less though, I just find it funny.

You have been told by the mods. This is iPhone user turf wether you like it or not. You sitting here spewing your nonsense BB > all, BB is for adults mentality is just hilarious. What do you expect iPhone users happy with their device to say in the iPhone forum (you call it arrogance)? iPhones suck? Sorry, this isn't the Storm forums.

It's the same on every device forum. Look at the Bold forums. You see someone go in there and try to say something remotely bad about the Bold, and people will come to its defense.
    08-29-09 01:04 PM
    Im not going to read all this junk.

The reason why your first couple of sentences are invalid, is because every point that Paul has brought up about the iPhone has been a pretty valid observation. Yeah maybe he adds a little humor into it, but for the most part his observations of the iPhone are pretty accurate. He throws factual websites in you guys faces, yet you still retreat into denial and argue that your phone is a gift from god.

Why are your 3Gs blowing up in peoples faces???

Belgian teenager latest victim of exploding iPhone phenomenon

iPhone 3G burns car seat - SaudiMac

French iPhone explodes mid-call, glass screen sent flying - SlashGear

3G iPhone Catches Fire -- Is Apple's Handset Hotter Than We Think?

Fudzilla - Iphone catches fire

Yet another iPhone Fire | iPhoneSpies

Apple iPhone 3GS has overheating problem, users say | Latest News | News.com.au

iPhone explodes from unlock attempt (picture) | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

And you guys say hardware isnt important.

Give credit where credit is due.
    you apparantly dont read alot of "junk" as i've found at least one other post on this thread alone where you admit you havent taken the time to read the whole thing. my point in that post was simply this, an argument about the iphone is made, when a counter argument is given, its almost like you guys seem to just shrug it off and bring up something else. and the cycle continues over and over. your second to last line here is another example. now you're talking about how we say hardware isnt important. a comment was made about dumb apps, i show where the blackberry has dumb apps. i appreciate the links you gave to the stories about the iphones blowing up, but apple has already responded to these claims by saying that screen pressure was to blame. but i'm sure that whatever explanition is given it wont be good enough. i will continue to give credit where it is due and say that i do truly love the blackberry phone, the problem is that its not always the best phone out there. i was diehard blackberry until i actually gave my iphone a chance. the only ones that have ever said the iphone was a gift from God were the users who dont have one, and have come up with all sorts of nicknames for it.
    08-29-09 03:15 PM
    This is acutally a very good point.

But I do like Sprint's numbers ads. And how they attack the iPhone based on its major weakness, AT&T. Save $1,200 per year over the same plan on AT&T! Enough savings for all Sprint's Palm Pre users to build a Starbucks..................IN SPACE!
    First off, use spell check. Second, the reason there is not a Starbucks in space is because they need to use that extra money to place calls from payphones since they can't get service out of major cities....
    08-29-09 03:28 PM
    This is acutally a very good point.

But I do like Sprint's numbers ads. And how they attack the iPhone based on its major weakness, AT&T. Save $1,200 per year over the same plan on AT&T! Enough savings for all Sprint's Palm Pre users to build a Starbucks..................IN SPACE!
    I believe it's Dunkin Donuts.
    08-29-09 03:48 PM
    I never said it was a toy. Please find this post and prove me wrong. Next I never said the storm was for business power users I simply stated that in my opinion the Storm is for the more mature older crowd. I dont change the rules mid debate. I really dont know where your getting this from.
    see your post #104, you're saying that "And again, the real professionals use BB's. And for the most part the age group for the Iphone is 13 to 22. Which you fit right into. Who cares what city you live in. Im in Seattle, Tacoma and during my travels the BB's just dominate all the business that I deal with. Im sure the reason you see twice as many iphones is because, first your drinking the Ikoolaid and second, your just out of highschool"

i will give you this however, your posts have been more level headed so to speak lately, i appreciate good debate. i understand why you keep saying that the iphone would be for younger users, but i really dont think that there are near as many "kids" using iphones as you may think. i'm a 35 year old former Marine who has been in my current position in law enforcement for 13 years. i have at least 4 co-workers who also have iphones as well. i personally dont make near enough money a year to justify a data plan and iphone for my kids. they get razrs and leftovers from me. blackberry does dominate the business market, but they have for quite some time, and probably will for some time to come. thats what blackberry was made for. an argument has to be made however for RIM's shift to a more consumer friendly market. that is something that no one can deny. the storm and storm 2 really are in existence only because of the popularity and sucess of the iphone. but in RIM's defense, so are most touchscreen phones as of late. i dont beleive that younger users of the iphone will at some point grow up and need a blackberry, at least i hope i dont grow up anymore, im tired enough as it is! LOL i really do wish i knew why the iphone takes so much flack though, not just here but in general, it really and truly is a very unique device that is quite capable in and of itself. just like blackberrys.
    08-29-09 03:52 PM
    I believe it's Dunkin Donuts.
    Ah yes. My mistake.

I still think their "numbers" commercial is a good one. Though it's not showing off the phone, as much as the service.
    08-29-09 04:24 PM
    Ah yes. My mistake.

I still think their "numbers" commercial is a good one. Though it's not showing off the phone, as much as the service.
    I like this one with the break ups... "by text" dude looks hurt.

08-29-09 04:28 PM
    I like this one with the break ups... "by text" dude looks hurt.

Yeah. I have a friend who was broken up with over text. She went from really sad into a pissed mood the next day. Definitely not the way to break up.
    08-29-09 07:16 PM
    How is your point proven over and over? What have iPhone users done on these boards to be considered immature? How am I twisting what you say? You said that once iPhone users grow up they will realize a BB is the way to go. What did I twist? Who is my crew? Sorry I don't run around the forums like you and Card Storm and start trouble in other device sections. Even the mods picked you out on this.

You know what's immature? That Storm users need a rants & raves section to ***** and moan about their device. You know what else is immature? All the other sub-forums the Storm section has. Every other device works fine with the 1 forum setup, and handles posts in a grown up manner, but not Storm users. I can care less though, I just find it funny.

You have been told by the mods. This is iPhone user turf wether you like it or not. You sitting here spewing your nonsense BB > all, BB is for adults mentality is just hilarious. What do you expect iPhone users happy with their device to say in the iPhone forum (you call it arrogance)? iPhones suck? Sorry, this isn't the Storm forums.

It's the same on every device forum. Look at the Bold forums. You see someone go in there and try to say something remotely bad about the Bold, and people will come to its defense.
    so your telling me that the certain Iphone owners dont go come over to the storm section to stir things up? He admitted thats what he was up to.

Nice way to play dumb here. You know who your "crew" is I could list at least 10 iphone users that have come over to the storm section and posted crap just to cause problems.

ummm, if you remember correctly you will see that there are more storm owners on this site than any other device so hence the reason for so many storm sections.

there is no iphone owner turf and i can post anywhere I like. My threads in the iphone section were closed because the mods felt it would cause to many complaints from the iphone users. They didnt want to babysit the threads.

Oh and your whole point about the mods called me out on this. Well yes I did get some PM's from them but nothing major. We worked out the issues and all is well.

The users in the iPhone section that didnt go around stirring up trouble are the ones that got pissed about the posts in there section. I can understand why. Now they now how the storm owners feel. And the only people you can blame will go unnamed.

this whole thread was made to stir up trouble.

It's almost comical how others write more posts about the iPhone than their own device and then get upset and shout "troll" when someone craps on their device. Of course this is not everyone, but its a bunch of people that spend more time and research to do or say things about the iPhone. It's like a bunch of highschoolers that talk about the most popular person is school because they are upset they can't be them.

But anyway, it's the phone people love or love to hate. All the attention by lovers and haters alike is greatly appreciated by Apple. They just want us talking about it. The people that love it talk about it and the haters talk about it too.

At the end of the day, all the other devices will fade in the background while the Apple continues to gain market share and popularity. And the funny thing is the iPhone still has a lot of shortcomings. If a phone that still doesn't do everything is already putting it's mark on the world in two years, what will happen when it does everything that other device do?
    08-29-09 09:53 PM
    see your post #104, you're saying that "And again, the real professionals use BB's. And for the most part the age group for the Iphone is 13 to 22. Which you fit right into. Who cares what city you live in. Im in Seattle, Tacoma and during my travels the BB's just dominate all the business that I deal with. Im sure the reason you see twice as many iphones is because, first your drinking the Ikoolaid and second, your just out of highschool"

i will give you this however, your posts have been more level headed so to speak lately, i appreciate good debate. i understand why you keep saying that the iphone would be for younger users, but i really dont think that there are near as many "kids" using iphones as you may think. i'm a 35 year old former Marine who has been in my current position in law enforcement for 13 years. i have at least 4 co-workers who also have iphones as well. i personally dont make near enough money a year to justify a data plan and iphone for my kids. they get razrs and leftovers from me. blackberry does dominate the business market, but they have for quite some time, and probably will for some time to come. thats what blackberry was made for. an argument has to be made however for RIM's shift to a more consumer friendly market. that is something that no one can deny. the storm and storm 2 really are in existence only because of the popularity and sucess of the iphone. but in RIM's defense, so are most touchscreen phones as of late. i dont beleive that younger users of the iphone will at some point grow up and need a blackberry, at least i hope i dont grow up anymore, im tired enough as it is! LOL i really do wish i knew why the iphone takes so much flack though, not just here but in general, it really and truly is a very unique device that is quite capable in and of itself. just like blackberrys.

In that quote I never said anything about it being a toy. And that next part is from my own experiences. Oh and the guy that i was responding to in that quote was 19, so yes he was just out of highschool.

Semper Fi
    08-29-09 09:58 PM
    5.0 on the BB Storm has surpassed iPhones UI.
    08-29-09 10:12 PM
    so your telling me that the certain Iphone owners dont go come over to the storm section to stir things up? He admitted thats what he was up to.

Nice way to play dumb here. You know who your "crew" is I could list at least 10 iphone users that have come over to the storm section and posted crap just to cause problems.

ummm, if you remember correctly you will see that there are more storm owners on this site than any other device so hence the reason for so many storm sections.

there is no iphone owner turf and i can post anywhere I like. My threads in the iphone section were closed because the mods felt it would cause to many complaints from the iphone users. They didnt want to babysit the threads.

Oh and your whole point about the mods called me out on this. Well yes I did get some PM's from them but nothing major. We worked out the issues and all is well.

The users in the iPhone section that didnt go around stirring up trouble are the ones that got pissed about the posts in there section. I can understand why. Now they now how the storm owners feel. And the only people you can blame will go unnamed.

this whole thread was made to stir up trouble.
    Sorry I don't read the Storm forums, I find nothing useful there and post in topics related to my device or general discussion. And I still don't know who my crew is. Are you saying I'm one of these people who come over to the Storm forums and start drama? If so the check my post history. I have no crew. Sorry to let you down.

No, this iPhone forum is iPhone owner turf. I didn't say you couldn't post here. Expect to see some of the responses you get from iPhone owners when you talk about THEIR device, that THEY own. Just like it would be expected of Storm owners.

There are so many sections in the Storm forums because of the nonsense that was being posted from the beginning. So many double posts on the same page asking the same questions or ranting about the same things. And I remember certain Storm owners wanting an area so they can "socialize", I guess the regular CrackBerry social and off-topic threads weren't good enough. But like I said, I don't care and I don't post or read any of those forums.
    08-30-09 01:14 AM
    5.0.0.191 is the sht on the storm. Avt you should switch to a storm.
    08-30-09 01:16 AM
    Thanks, but I'll pass.
    08-30-09 01:52 AM
292 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD