^^ Good one! Card Storm has the WORST Blackberry EVER! I can see if they had the Bold or 8900, but the Storm.......lol. Thats laughable.
    08-28-09 11:08 AM
    Keep drinking the RIM koolaid.. RIM is now a follower in phone manufacturing and innovation. Apple put the smartphone back on the map. CURVE is on how many different carriers? The iPhone is on? RIM DOES NOT want the iPhone to be on different carriers.. trust me.

There are obviously millions upon millions of people in the short years the iPhone has been in existence who disagree with you.

This is coming from a Storm user.. the worst BB made... wow. Come with a Bold or Curve.. you don't have much BB or RIM credibility anywhere nevertheless the iPhone forums talking spew with a Storm.
    ^^ Good one! Card Storm has the WORST Blackberry EVER! I can see if they had the Bold or 8900, but the Storm.......lol. Thats laughable.
    I know Card Storm's posts are a bit...out there...at times. But really? You're thinking less of him just because he has a Storm?

Just remember, this is an iPhone forum on a BB site that the owners provided out of their generosity. They could have just as readily made the whole site BB only, but they didn't.

Let him say his stuff and then disagree if you want.
    08-28-09 12:00 PM
    Not really. Like others have said before. The main things that factor in the iphones sucess.

1) First Touch screen phone to hit market.
    2) First phone to ever be released by a very popular and well known computer company
    3) Endless efforts to market the dam thing.
    Pretty sure the iPhone wasn't the first touchscreen on the market. I think you mean it was the first touchscreen that was made right. Apple got it right the first time around.

That doesnt mean its the best thing thats every going to be made. Im sorry. You guys need to realize that RIM is actually headed in a very intellegent direction with their technology, and that your "crowned" device (wont call it a jesus phone thats to much credit) will simply not remain crowned. You know the majority of people just buy the iPhone because they know its the "coolest" phone out there on the market. Everyone knows the iPhone. Why wouldnt they get the iPhone? They are guaranteed cool points if they get it.
    No one is guaranteed cool points. They are guaranteed a touchscreen that works out of the box, a touchscreen that is #1 in consumer satisfaction, and a reliable phone. Cool points? I guess if you think you are cool for owning a device.

What is so intelligent about the Storm 2? Yes the new technology is "nice", but guess what, it is running the same old OS. They improved only the HARDWARE, once again. I hope the Storm 2 works great for you, but it wont be taking the iPhone from the #1 touchscreen spot if that's what you're thinking. Good luck though.

Cmon dude its rediculous how you guys continue to use these lame comparisons of how long RIM has been in this and that game. It doesnt ... matter. CURVE is the top selling smart phone, does that mean its the best smart phone out there? NO! So drop your lame pride already and accept the fact that BB is doing their thing, and that your 3GS wille ventually become the past.
    You are saying the 3GS will become a thing of the past, while the Curve 83xx series is a thing of the past. BOGOS help out a lot my friend. RIM has been in the game longer, and that does make a difference wether you like it or not. And having 7+ Curves against a 3GS, and the 3GS coming in a close second is HUGE. Even though RIM has the #1 spot, this still probably scared the **** out of them. Let's see when the iPhone comes to Verizon. Storm what? Curve #? RIM will have the number 2 spot at that point, and 20 Curves wont help them.

And you want to know the best thing about this? The competition. This make them create better devices for us. So keep them coming.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-28-09 at 12:55 PM.
    08-28-09 12:52 PM
    I know Card Storm's posts are a bit...out there...at times. But really? You're thinking less of him just because he has a Storm?

Just remember, this is an iPhone forum on a BB site that the owners provided out of their generosity. They could have just as readily made the whole site BB only, but they didn't.

I'm not thinking less of him. I just don't see how he criticize the iPhone so much when he's using a Storm. Heck, most BB fanboys don't even like the Storm.
    08-28-09 12:56 PM

Nonetheless this IS an iPhone forum inside outside any cave you want to call it. I didn't create this sub forum and I'm sure many iPhone users would not miss a beat with the other 1000 iPhone forums out. I do invite and accept Cards recyclable comments.. but that is not to say we can't give and send him the very same love he sends many here .

Card Storm and I can have a Beer Summit anytime.. (wait..of course of he is of age..wasn't sure I read somewhere if he was not 21 yet)
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-28-09 at 01:13 PM.
    08-28-09 01:03 PM
    the iphone is a FAD..... people just buy it cause they can do the 'look what i can do'.... i got rid of it when i noticed all the children sporting them....

also when i got my iBill i realized that this device is just a "click - spend" way for them to get even richer.....

and yes.... this is an iphone forum on a BB site.... nuff said....
    08-28-09 01:04 PM
    So ignorant.. so uninformed.. gotta love it().
    08-28-09 01:07 PM
    I'm not thinking less of him. I just don't see how he criticize the iPhone so much when he's using a Storm. Heck, most BB fanboys don't even like the Storm.
    Just because he has a Storm doesn't mean he can't critisize another phone with his own opinions on it. This is RIM's first touchscreen phone. As much as I hate to say it, the iPhone had its issues at its first launch too. Just because the iPhone has been successful for the last few years doesn't mean that the people at RIM will automatically gain the knowledge of how to reprogram their OS. They have to do things themselves and hit their own bumps along the way.

They are playing catch-up, but they have to start somewhere. They have their reasons for not building a completely new OS. While they might not be plowing forward as fast as we would like, they're still moving in the right direction. They have enough of a padding to be able to afford some of the time they're taking.

RIM is not going to just roll over and die. I believe they will come out with some very interesting things in the future years and the whole touchscreen arena will begin to level out like the dumbphones have.

Nonetheless this IS an iPhone forum inside outside any cave you want to call it. I didn't create this sub forum and I'm sure many iPhone users would not miss a beat with the other 1000 iPhone forums out. I do invite and accept Cards recyclable comments.. but that is not to say we can't give and send him the very same love he sends many here .

Card Storm and I can have a Beer Summit any time.. (wait..of course of he is of age..wasn't sure I read somewhere if he was not 21 yet)
    But that shouldn't stop him from posting his comments. It isn't exclusively for iPhone users. I understand how you're viewing his posts, but at least he isn't posting like this post down here.

the iphone is a FAD..... people just buy it cause they can do the 'look what i can do'.... i got rid of it when i noticed all the children sporting them....

also when i got my iBill i realized that this device is just a "click - spend" way for them to get even richer.....

and yes.... this is an iphone forum on a BB site.... nuff said....
    Now this is the type of post that I'm talking about being completely useless.
    Last edited by Zipster; 08-28-09 at 01:30 PM.
    08-28-09 01:10 PM
    iPhone != fad.

Fad's are Beannie Babies, cross color clothes, and Emo people.
    08-28-09 01:19 PM
    Pretty sure the iPhone wasn't the first touchscreen on the market. I think you mean it was the first touchscreen that was made right. Apple got it right the first time around.

No one is guaranteed cool points. They are guaranteed a touchscreen that works out of the box, a touchscreen that is #1 in consumer satisfaction, and a reliable phone. Cool points? I guess if you think you are cool for owning a device.

What is so intelligent about the Storm 2? Yes the new technology is "nice", but guess what, it is running the same old OS. They improved only the HARDWARE, once again. I hope the Storm 2 works great for you, but it wont be taking the iPhone from the #1 touchscreen spot if that's what you're thinking. Good luck though.

You are saying the 3GS will become a thing of the past, while the Curve 83xx series is a thing of the past. BOGOS help out a lot my friend. RIM has been in the game longer, and that does make a difference wether you like it or not. And having 7+ Curves against a 3GS, and the 3GS coming in a close second is HUGE. Even though RIM has the #1 spot, this still probably scared the **** out of them. Let's see when the iPhone comes to Verizon. Storm what? Curve #? RIM will have the number 2 spot at that point, and 20 Curves wont help them.

And you want to know the best thing about this? The competition. This make them create better devices for us. So keep them coming.
    I didn't bother reading the second half of your jibber jabber. Just to let you know 5.0.0.140 is actually pretty fast. When 5.0 officially rolls out then your arguments of speed, transitions, and fluidity will be thrown out the door. Point is RIM had all the basic phone functions down from the start. Look a lot of iphones still can't do MMS I rather have that than some flashy transitions. There are OS leaks that even show signs of speed comparable to the iphones already! Ok so iphone has a smooth operating system big deal. That argument can only be valid so long when other companies are developing hardware that will serve to the overall dintion of the phones. You guys act as if the bb storm doesn't work. If that was the case RIM would have a lost cause. Fact is when 5.0 rolls out you guys will no longer have anything to match your iphones up to, simply because the odin and OS5 together will leave 3G in the dust.

Oh yeah the iphones a great phone.
    08-28-09 01:24 PM
    I didn't bother reading the second half of your jibber jabber. Just to let you know 5.0.0.140 is actually pretty fast. When 5.0 officially rolls out then your arguments of speed, transitions, and fluidity will be thrown out the door. Point is RIM had all the basic phone functions down from the start. Look a lot of iphones still can't do MMS I rather have that than some flashy transitions. There are OS leaks that even show signs of speed comparable to the iphones already! Ok so iphone has a smooth operating system big deal. That argument can only be valid so long when other companies are developing hardware that will serve to the overall dintion of the phones. You guys act as if the bb storm doesn't work. If that was the case RIM would have a lost cause. Fact is when 5.0 rolls out you guys will no longer have anything to match your iphones up to, simply because the odin and OS5 together will leave 3G in the dust.

Oh yeah the iphones a great phone.
    The iPhone can MMS, blame the reason they can't on AT&T, not the device itself. You keep thinking the Storm 2 will leave the 3GS in the dust. Oh and don't talk to much about dust, you know the Storm and dust go hand in hand.

OS 5.0 is not that great. I'm running it on my Bold right now. Tell RIM to make an OS optimized for a touchscreen and then your Odin might have a chance.
    08-28-09 01:36 PM

Card Storm and I can have a Beer Summit anytime.. (wait..of course of he is of age..wasn't sure I read somewhere if he was not 21 yet)
    The iPhone can MMS, blame the reason they can't on AT&T, not the device itself. You keep thinking the Storm 2 will leave the 3GS in the dust. Oh and don't talk to much about dust, you know the Storm and dust go hand in hand.

OS 5.0 is not that great. I'm running it on my Bold right now. Tell RIM to make an OS optimized for a touchscreen and then your Odin might have a chance.
    Actually, Duvi has informed me that it's actually still Apple's issue that it can't MMS. Supposedly OS 3.1 will flip the MMS "switch" to on.

And I don't see how 5.0.0.XXX on your Bold is the same as 5.0.0.197 on the Storm 2 (which only RIM internal has seen). And what constitutes "optimized" here?
    08-28-09 01:47 PM
    who the flock opened the iflood gates?
    08-28-09 01:49 PM
    who the flock opened the iflood gates?
    Dude.. get it right.. it's who the iFlock opened the iFlood gates?...

Regardless if MMS is waiting for Apple to turn on the switch.. it has been well known that it is ATT who left out MMS for the majority of the time.

Apple will flip MMS on at the Sep event.. you know everything with Apple is an event. (It's part of their successful multi-trillion dollar marketing campaign)
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-28-09 at 01:54 PM.
    08-28-09 01:51 PM
    Squirrel Hunter - Games BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    BlackBerry App World - PhoneyFart
    BlackBerry App World - Fart Storm - The Funniest BlackBerry Fart App - Lots of Laughs
    BlackBerry App World - Revolver
    BlackBerry App World - stormSaber
    BlackBerry App World - Yo Mama Jokes
    BlackBerry App World - The Best Fart App - iBee Farting
    BlackBerry App World - Disco Ball

and this is better? wow, cant wait till your odin makes this sooo much more enjoyable.

for every app you point out that sucks on the iphone (fart apps, etc..) the berrys have just as many. this is why i get a kick out of the whole "berrys are soo much better for business" argument. business or not, everyone likes to have a little fun on their phone at some point. dont fault apple for using that to their advantage. i still love blackberry, my bold is still one of the best phones i've ever owned, but i dont jump on the bandwagon that iphones are merely toys either.

carry on.
    sure they exist for the storm but not nearly as popular of a seller as the ifart apps out there. I know its an outdated article but it shows how many users purchased one for there iphone.

iPhone Fart App Rakes in $10,000 a Day | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    08-28-09 01:54 PM

Regardless if MMS is waiting for Apple to turn on the switch.. it has been well known that it is ATT who left out MMS for the majority of the time.

Apple will flip MMS on at the Sep event.. you know everything with Apple is an event. (It's part of their successful multi-trillion dollar marketing campaign)
    The Bold has MMS......
    08-28-09 02:02 PM
    The Bold has MMS......
    doh! pwned!
    08-28-09 02:05 PM

I'm only going on Duvi's word and he insists that it's completely on Apple's shoulders for MMS. But hey, if it is partly AT&T, then I guess you guys are in for more wait.

Yes, everything's an event with Apple. They love the spotlight.

Successful, yes. Multi-trillion...exaggerating a bit are we? Part of me finds it hard to believe that Apple's marketing campaign is that much larger than what the US spends on its military defense budget. Guess Apple can single-handily save the US economy then?
    08-28-09 02:06 PM
    Now this is the type of post that I'm talking about being completely useless.
    why, cause i dont have a bunch of nerdy points about technology???

or write 10 paragraphs about the benefits of each phone?

or am in an internet battle with another user about who is a bigger nerd?

the iphone is a FAD.... it will die
    08-28-09 02:12 PM
    The Bold has MMS......
    Ouch! I'm Pwned (now let me come out of my 12 year old video game mode as I do not wish to digress any further)

I'm only going on Duvi's word and he insists that it's completely on Apple's shoulders for MMS. But hey, if it is partly AT&T, then I guess you guys are in for more wait.

Yes, everything's an event with Apple. They love the spotlight.

Successful, yes. Multi-trillion...exaggerating a bit are we? Part of me finds it hard to believe that Apple's marketing campaign is that much larger than what the US spends on its military defense budget. Guess Apple can single-handily save the US economy then?
    Of course I am.. if you haven't figured it out I don't take most this stuff seriously..
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 08-28-09 at 02:18 PM.
    08-28-09 02:14 PM
    It's half Apple and Half AT&T.

It's Apple because they had to code in the support for MMS, meaning they had to get the license to use the image format for MMS (which I believe MMS is either .Tiff or .GIF which might require licenses on Apple's part), then they'd need AT&T's approval to send the MMS Carrier update to the devices via an update. You can find a hacked carrier file to enable MMS already.. I have it.

Then AT&T's partly to blame because every single iPhone currently has "Opt-Out Multimedia Message"

So they have to manually remove that, then setup an MMS plan.

The device is currently, fully capable of sending MMS. You need to change your IMEI to one that supports MMS, then take your SIM chip out of that device and back into the iPhone. You'll lose Visual Voicemail but gain MMS.

It's half and half, trust me.
    Last edited by sniffs; 08-28-09 at 02:21 PM.
    08-28-09 02:17 PM
    Actually, Duvi has informed me that it's actually still Apple's issue that it can't MMS. Supposedly OS 3.1 will flip the
    MMS "switch" to on.

And I don't see how 5.0.0.XXX on your Bold is the same as 5.0.0.197 on the Storm 2 (which only RIM internal has seen). And what constitutes "optimized" here?
    I'm pretty sure the rest of the world has MMS and its just ATT that doesn't. 5.0 is the same on EVERY device. The BB OS is the same on every device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 02:39 PM
    It's partly Apple's fault also. Go to Settings then Messages and if you have MMS enabled on the "approved" carrier file, or the hacked one, under the "Show Preview" and "Repeat Alert" are the MMS settings.

So we still need that put on the devices as well as AT&T to setup the accnts with it.
    08-28-09 02:47 PM
    I'm pretty sure the rest of the world has MMS and its just ATT that doesn't. 5.0 is the same on EVERY device. The BB OS is the same on every device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But each device will have a different build of it from what I'm hearing. They'll all be past the 5.0 mark, but at different .XXX builds depending on what hardware's inside.

Will it be as "flashy" as the iPhone OS? Of course not in the short timeframe they've had to work on it. But hey, if you want to use an early build to pass judgement on a yet-unfinished product, be my guest. I'm willing to wait the 1 1/2 or 2 months for the Storm 2 to be released to see the released 5.0 OS.
    08-28-09 02:59 PM
    But each device will have a different build of it from what I'm hearing. They'll all be past the 5.0 mark, but at different .XXX builds depending on what hardware's inside.

Will it be as "flashy" as the iPhone OS? Of course not in the short timeframe they've had to work on it. But hey, if you want to use an early build to pass judgement on a yet-unfinished product, be my guest. I'm willing to wait the 1 1/2 or 2 months for the Storm 2 to be released to see the released 5.0 OS.
    But thats the thing with RIM OSs. Early builds are not too far off from finished products. They just aren't polished and have bugs (well they always have bugs). The OS looks the same as 4.5+ with some new "features". BBM is different, SMS is different, they included drop down menus like the Storm has for every device. The OS overall is the same as the past. It's OK though because most BB users are happy with it the way it is, that's why you only see RIM upgrading hardware and barely anything with the OS.

And this is why the browser is still half-assed and they needed to acquire a different company to make a good one (hopefully). I wish RIM luck though, I love their devices, very reliable, I would just like to see some type of change.
    08-28-09 03:07 PM
292 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD