These days im seeing more people drop their bb's for iphones than the other way around
    put the Ikoolaid down

oh and were not talking about highschoolers here. Most highschoolers already have the Iphone because they like to Ifollow one another.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 08-21-09 at 10:47 PM.
    08-21-09 10:45 PM
    im still waiting for a response from scorpiodsu. Im pretty sure we wont even acknowledge the video proves the storm is acutally pretty fast. I really wouldnt expect him to though.
    08-21-09 10:54 PM
    Yeah....he supposedly has me on mute. So all my quotations of his remarks were displayed to general forum public and he wouldnt even know! lol
    08-21-09 10:55 PM
    Yeah....he supposedly has me on mute. So all my quotations of his remarks were displayed to general forum public and he wouldnt even know! lol
    does he see it if I quote you?
    08-21-09 10:56 PM
    put the Ikoolaid down

oh and were not talking about highschoolers here. Most highschoolers already have the Iphone because they like to Ifollow one another.
    thats a good point except im not in high school....more like a junior in college, i have 4 co-workers that dropped their blackberries, two dropped their androids and have three friends that went from verizon to att for the iphone....im not a child nor do i like to be treated like one....it was just my point of view and what i see happening around me thats all
    08-21-09 11:08 PM
    thats a good point except im not in high school....more like a junior in college, i have 4 co-workers that dropped their blackberries, two dropped their androids and have three friends that went from verizon to att for the iphone....im not a child nor do i like to be treated like one....it was just my point of view and what i see happening around me thats all
    Ill state what I see around me. I work in downtown Houston and all I see on a daily basis are blackberrys. Its so bad to the point where you can start counting how many you see and lose count.
    08-21-09 11:18 PM
    It's almost comical how others write more posts about the iPhone than their own device and then get upset and shout "troll" when someone craps on their device. Of course this is not everyone, but its a bunch of people that spend more time and research to do or say things about the iPhone. It's like a bunch of highschoolers that talk about the most popular person is school because they are upset they can't be them.

But anyway, it's the phone people love or love to hate. All the attention by lovers and haters alike is greatly appreciated by Apple. They just want us talking about it. The people that love it talk about it and the haters talk about it too.

At the end of the day, all the other devices will fade in the background while the Apple continues to gain market share and popularity. And the funny thing is the iPhone still has a lot of shortcomings. If a phone that still doesn't do everything is already putting it's mark on the world in two years, what will happen when it does everything that other device do?
    You found someone posting more about an i phone than their own? Balderdash!
    08-21-09 11:22 PM
    yeah i work in new york city so there are plenty of blackberries to go around but also plenty of iphones and sure enough none of them are storms which makes me wonder............face it RIM screwed up with the storm many wont trust Rim when it comes to touch screens and that is the average consumer not me or you who obviously know the storm 2 should be better than the original or RIM will have a mutiny on their hands
    08-21-09 11:25 PM
    since were in the bashing mood i found this kinda funny
    08-21-09 11:27 PM
    I love how everyone comes in here stating that the iphone is just a toy and how everyone with a blackberry is a hardcore business user. I find it funny how 99% of people I run into that have a blackberry dont even know how to use the phone to its full potential/or even use the phone (uma calling and updating the OS just to name a few). If the apps is all the iphone has to offer then why the **** is everyone with a blackberry ******** about getting an "app store". App world is a joke IMO with most of the apps being over priced, and its also filled with dog**** apps anyways. I think im just ranting at this point for no reason lol
    As far as market share is concerned, how many phones does RIM make and how many does apple make? How many carriers sell blackberry and how many sell Iphone? Apparently we dont have a lot of math wizards on these forums. Trust me, Im no apple fanboi but look at the facts.
    BTW I have a curve 8900
    08-21-09 11:28 PM
    I love how everyone comes in here stating that the iphone is just a toy and how everyone with a blackberry is a hardcore business user. I find it funny how 99% of people I run into that have a blackberry dont even know how to use the phone to its full potential/or even use the phone (uma calling and updating the OS just to name a few). If the apps is all the iphone has to offer then why the **** is everyone with a blackberry ******** about getting an "app store". App world is a joke IMO with most of the apps being over priced, and its also filled with dog**** apps anyways. I think im just ranting at this point for no reason lol
    As far as market share is concerned, how many phones does RIM make and how many does apple make? How many carriers sell blackberry and how many sell Iphone? Apparently we dont have a lot of math wizards on these forums. Trust me, Im no apple fanboi but look at the facts.
    BTW I have a curve 8900
    I read your first and last sentences only.

You sure do seem to bring a bit of negativity with your post. I understand that you may be venting but no where in this thread has anyone called the iPhone a toy...so

CONGRADULATIONS YOUR THE FIRST PERSON IN THIS THREAD TO MENTION THE IPHONE BEING A TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO EVERY CHEERR!!!!!!
    08-21-09 11:31 PM
    Apple Apple in the hand of Sunny, whose the top selling phone in the land of milk and honey, Blackberry, Blackberry, the best in the world! Nothing has changed that, not even the years of crapple, including the latest firecracker of a 3gs that can explode!
    08-21-09 11:32 PM
    so you deal with college students? I deal with professionals and 9 out of 10 have a BB. Like I said earlier, the 3 people I know that went to a Iphone 2 of them actually will be going back to a BB. The majority of all Iphones are being used by the younger people, and quite a few of the younger owners acutally had there parents buy them the phone. Thats one of the reasons the number of Iphones sold is high. I would say junior high to college. After they grow up they will realize they need a more mature device to get around in the real world.
    08-21-09 11:33 PM
    BTW I have a curve 8900
    ummm, so then change your phone in your information to curve.
    08-21-09 11:38 PM
    BTW I have a curve 8900
    We aren't limited to App World, which is the beauty of BBs! The CB App Store has its own app and offers the same apps at much lower prices. Not to mention all the sales and giveaways that developers list all the time.

As for the multiple BBs and carriers, I don't see the issue here. It's a perfectly valid business model. Plus it means that the strongest carrier in your area will have a BB. One of the major reasons I won't get an iPhone is because AT&T is weak in my area.
    08-21-09 11:38 PM
    If security and compliance are an issue, the icrap is out of luck the iPhone will never take hold in the enterprise. The BlackBerry can't be buried, there is nothing to take its place. As much as some would like it to be replaced with the iPhone, it's not feasible right now.
    08-21-09 11:40 PM
    Apple Apple in the hand of Sunny, whose the top selling phone in the land of milk and honey, Blackberry, Blackberry, the best in the world! Nothing has changed that, not even the years of crapple, including the latest firecracker of a 3gs that can explode!
    your a poet and you didnt even know it
    your right a mature device that is full of memory leaks, battery pulls, unstable os, horrible trackballs, loose battery covers........i deal with plenty of older people professors, co-workers, doctors patients and to tell you the truth i see more iphones than blackberries and you cant get anymore business than midtown Manhattan.....listen ill give it you straight Apple revolutionized the smartphone world weather you like it or not....RIM may have began the smartphone phenomena but Apple has made leaps and bounds to this date------you want facts Apple sold 1 million 3gs is 3 days, The storm sold 1 million in what 3 months maybe and thats everyone who bought it i wonder how many returned it.....I told you i maybe in college but i deal with people much older.....blackberry is a great device but in no way can it be compared to the iPhone they both do great things i just believe Apple does more to satisfy the user
    I read your first and last sentences only.

You sure do seem to bring a bit of negativity with your post. I understand that you may be venting but no where in this thread has anyone called the iPhone a toy...so

CONGRADULATIONS YOUR THE FIRST PERSON IN THIS THREAD TO MENTION THE IPHONE BEING A TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO EVERY CHEERR!!!!!!
    So I take it you have read every post in this thread? I wasn't referring to this thread but the crackberry forums in general, next time I will be more specific, even though someone did mention that they wouldn't use the iphone for business which holds the same weight. Good pick up on the negativity though and I think what you meant to say was CONGRATULATIONS!
    08-21-09 11:41 PM
    We aren't limited to App World, which is the beauty of BBs! The CB App Store has its own app and offers the same apps at much lower prices. Not to mention all the sales and giveaways that developers list all the time.

As for the multiple BBs and carriers, I don't see the issue here. It's a perfectly valid business model. Plus it means that the strongest carrier in your area will have a BB. One of the major reasons I won't get an iPhone is because AT&T is weak in my area.
    Your points are well taken. I agree, but imagine if Iphone was sold on all carriers?
    08-21-09 11:43 PM
    ummm, so then change your phone in your information to curve.
    Yea I do need to change that! Thank goodness I got rid of that POS lol
    08-21-09 11:44 PM
    If security and compliance are an issue, the icrap is out of luck the iPhone will never take hold in the enterprise. The BlackBerry can't be buried, there is nothing to take its place. As much as some would like it to be replaced with the iPhone, it's not feasible right now.
    The thing with this is that a lot of companies are now allowing its employees to use iPhones. But at an increased security risk, compared to the BBs. And the companies know they're at risk too.

All it'll take is one single attack on an iPhone used for business and it'll make all these companies stop dead in their tracks and reconsider.

Your points are well taken. I agree, but imagine if Iphone was sold on all carriers?
    I agree. Verizon messed up big time by not getting the exclusive deal for the iPhone. And Apple messed up big time by going to AT&T (who pretty much seemed to roll over and beg). Spotty overall coverage and add to that the still yet to be implemented MMS (summer's almost over AT&T!) means the iPhone isn't selling to its true potential.

But the biggest problem with jumping onto Verizon is that the iPhone will need to carry both a CMDA and GSM radio, which will require a rebuild. Construction, testing, and certification by the FCC will definitely take some time.

I'm hoping that by that time, RIM will have its OS modernized to appease more casual users. The Storm 2 already has the hardware issues worked out. It'll all be down to software for RIM after the Storm 2 and 5.0+ is released.
    Last edited by Zipster; 08-21-09 at 11:56 PM.
    08-21-09 11:45 PM
    your right a mature device that is full of memory leaks, battery pulls, unstable os, horrible trackballs, loose battery covers........i deal with plenty of older people professors, co-workers, doctors patients and to tell you the truth i see more iphones than blackberries and you cant get anymore business than midtown Manhattan.....listen ill give it you straight Apple revolutionized the smartphone world weather you like it or not....RIM may have began the smartphone phenomena but Apple has made leaps and bounds to this date------you want facts Apple sold 1 million 3gs is 3 days, The storm sold 1 million in what 3 months maybe and thats everyone who bought it i wonder how many returned it.....I told you i maybe in college but i deal with people much older.....blackberry is a great device but in no way can it be compared to the iPhone they both do great things i just believe Apple does more to satisfy the user
    yup I was right. Your just out of Highschool. So you really havent even been dealing with real world professionals.

Please just put the Ikoolaid down. Just be careful not to spill it on your Iphone because your mommy might get upset that she has to get you another phone.
    08-21-09 11:45 PM
    Yea I do need to change that! Thank goodness I got rid of that POS lol
    Yes it is a good thing. Obviously you couldnt figure out how to operate it properly. I dont blame you though, I would hate not understanding how to operate a real smartphone.
    08-21-09 11:47 PM
    your a poet and you didnt even know it
    But his feet show it... They're Longfellows...
    08-21-09 11:48 PM
292 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD