My 3gs was black and got very hot almost to the point of not wanting to touch it , it was for sure an issue .
    07-05-09 04:10 PM
    I've never had an issue with overheating. There's bound to be some mistakes that could cause it. 99% of them probably don't have overheating issues. When you see posts about the problems, it usually is only because people don't really start threads on how amazing and perfectly something is working. That said, I don't think it should discourage anyone from buying any phone.
    07-05-09 04:17 PM
    I totally agree that it can happen to any product from any company. And Apple will definitely fix it (please read my link above on Apple filing a new patent for a new battery). The iPhone is still a great phone.

But I sense a little double standard from the people and from the media. If it happen to RIM, people will jump all over them, saying things like they should not rush a product to the market, blah blah blah. But when it comes to Apple, people will give them free passes.
    07-05-09 04:26 PM
    funny how my blackberry never does this. way to go apple idiots !!!!
    07-05-09 04:51 PM
    My 3gs was black and got very hot almost to the point of not wanting to touch it , it was for sure an issue .
    When i said I wouldn't call it an issue I meant that it was more than just an issue.
    07-05-09 04:51 PM
    Bad batteries: Apple forced to recall 1st gen iPod nano in South Korea

Finally, Apple is forced to recall some of the iPod. I wonder if they will be forced to recall some of the iPhones as well.
    07-11-09 06:37 AM

Finally, Apple is forced to recall some of the iPod. I wonder if they will be forced to recall some of the iPhones as well.
    Doubt it. The overheating issue with the iPhone has been blown out of proportion as confirmed cases are less then .. like 20. The case changing color issue actually had nothing to do with heat. It was proven that it was some 3rd party cases causing the discoloration and rubbing alcohol took it off.
    07-11-09 08:31 AM

They don't even make that model of iPod anymore.
    07-11-09 09:15 AM
    Once again Apple adds a feature RIM can't match. Handwarmer! Gotta get one of those before winter!
    LOL wanna go out on that cold winter day? then use the revolutionary hand warmer from apple... CAUTION: hands may burst into flames!
    08-05-09 02:28 PM
    At first they thought the discoloration on the back was from contact with a 3rd party case, and now they think it's because the battery overheats. If I'm not mistaken Apple technicians advise that the discoloration could be fixed by rubbing with alcohol. The blog "Nowhere Else" is constantly under criticism for issuing all kinds of statements that turn out not to be true.

Also, I'm pretty sure Apple advises AGAINST heavy use of the device when it is charging.

"At the time, she was using a game and then the Web browser over a Wi-Fi connection with the device plugged in......"

30 million iPhones out there, they are not going to recall them all because a few people on a message board report overheating, especially using the device against manufacture warning.
    08-05-09 02:37 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD