Found this thought id share! remember all the storm hate? well at least it didnt do this!
    http://www.crn.com/mobile/218101723;...RSKHSCJUNN2JVN
    06-29-09 08:41 AM
    that's crazy the phone actually changes color from the heat
    06-29-09 08:43 AM
    that's crazy the phone actually changes color from the heat
    and it was apparently to hot to put it to your face!
    06-29-09 08:46 AM
    If these are getting hot enough to truely burn consumers I'd hate to be in the testing department for the FCC or Apple as tehy would have obviously have dropped the ball.
    06-29-09 09:02 AM
    Wow, seems as though Apple screwed up with this one. They are going to have to recall these, right? Well if they don't then there is seriously something wrong. Straight back to the testing labs me thinks!
    06-29-09 10:02 AM
    apple just released a statement warning of the overheating issue!
    they are telling people where to use and not use the phone for prevention!
    kinda like when people were getting shocks from the ear buds and apple warned against wearing certain fabrics
    what a *&%#ing joke
    07-03-09 10:11 AM
    Mine hasn't overheated at all. It is also still white.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 10:21 AM
    Once again Apple adds a feature RIM can't match. Handwarmer! Gotta get one of those before winter!
    07-03-09 10:24 AM
    No heat problem with my 3Gs at all. When you sell over 1 million phones in one week you have to expect some will be defective in one way or another. They are saying its a battery issue and not all the batteries are made by the same supplier. Im sure they will narrow it down quickly.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 07-03-09 at 11:11 AM.
    07-03-09 11:04 AM
    No heat problem with my 3Gs at all. When you sell over 1 million phones in one week you have to expect some will be defective in one way or another. They are saying its a battery issue and not all the batteries are made by the same supplier. Im sure they will narrow it down quickly.
    Yeah at least I don't have a Storm and the defects it has are considered as accepted and to be normal lol.

Customer visits VZW store...

Customer: My phone has dust under the screen and it's laggy and keeps rebooting
    VZW: Ah, dust is normal. You shouldn't put it in your pocket and the OS update will be out soon to stop the rebooting and lag. Anything else I can help you with?
    Customer: Can I swap it for a curve, PLEASE!?
    07-03-09 11:35 AM
    Yeah at least I don't have a Storm and the defects it has are considered as accepted and to be normal lol.

VZW: Ah, dust is normal. You shouldn't put it in your pocket and the OS update will be out soon to stop the rebooting and lag. Anything else I can help you with?
    Exactly. I would rather have my battery overheat and swap out and get a new phone then have the Storm which has "defects" that are acceptable. And it's not like if you replace the Storm you will get a better one, the dust and lag will always come back.
    07-03-09 01:23 PM
    Exactly. I would rather have my battery overheat and swap out and get a new phone then have the Storm which has "defects" that are acceptable. And it's not like if you replace the Storm you will get a better one, the dust and lag will always come back.
    Exactly. Swap out a Storm you're getting the same problems, the process has just started over.
    07-03-09 01:42 PM
    mine is nice and cool...
    07-03-09 02:00 PM

Neither is acceptable, but I would rather not have a device that could possible burn you... LOL

Let's look at thedefects and not what device it is.... That way our fanboyism doesn't effect our judgement... 1 device has the possibility of severely overheating and breaking the device or possibly burning the user and the other device can get dust under the screen or lag if the OS is not upgraded.

With most carriers being sold out of Iphone 3GS good luck with the swap out. Almost certain that they are on back order.

Let's hope that Apple figures this out soon regardless.
    07-03-09 02:19 PM
    wow thats crazy!
    07-03-09 07:54 PM
    Based on the following article on informationweek.com, the overheating happens when people are running app that uses the GPS tracking on an extended period of time....
    Apple Obliquely Addresses iPhone 3GS Overheating -- Apple iPhone 3GS -- InformationWeek

I wonder if this is the reason why Apple never implement any multitasking capability on the iPhone.

This problem has to be bad enough for Apple to file a new patent for a new battery, according to Apple Insider web site....
    AppleInsider | iPhone overheating problems could see aid from new patent
    07-03-09 08:14 PM
    I find it funny. Every phone is going to have issues! Apple has great customer service, so they will swap it out.
    The storm didn't get overheating issues?? My storm got way hotter then my iPhone.
    07-03-09 08:52 PM
    I find it funny. Every phone is going to have issues! Apple has great customer service, so they will swap it out.
    The storm didn't get overheating issues?? My storm got way hotter then my iPhone.
    I wouldn't call overheating and issue....

Just keep sending in your phone! great idea.. I run gps apps on my phone all day and it doesn't over heat or get hot to the touch. Why add something to a phone that users can't even use for as long as they need to...

The Storm was a very bad product and that is why RIM is making a Storm 2. You really can't compare the two phones. Apple has had a few years head start on the touchscreen phones as well they have released 3 device models so far.

I also would like to say that I am not a RIM fanboy or an apple hater. lol
    07-04-09 10:20 PM
    wow check this out another pretty major issue..

apparently the guy plays a specific game and the screen is wearing out?

you think this may be caused by the heating issue as well?

just curious the heat thing is not good but it could just have been a bad batch of phones too you never know..
    07-05-09 01:07 AM
    I was planning on heading over to the Apple store to finally jump on the 3GS but after seeing this article this morning...I dunno yet

Apple blames hot iPhones on the weather, others find oleophobic screen to be fleeting?
    07-05-09 08:36 AM
    I was planning on heading over to the Apple store to finally jump on the 3GS but after seeing this article this morning...I dunno yet

Apple blames hot iPhones on the weather, others find oleophobic screen to be fleeting?
    I like how... people act like companies need to be perfect I just read that garbage, and now my head hurts. When you ship millions of units, there are bound to be kinks here and there its just a fact. Look at the X-Box. I can't tell you how many of those I went through, but Microsoft fixed it. Apple will fix it too. If you look at how much money they make, and the customer reports they have too much riding on the line not to. If you believe everything you read, you'll be missing out on a great device.
    07-05-09 12:01 PM
    WOW..i almost burnt my cheeks on my iphone.....the battery was sooooooooooo hot, don't know why?
    07-05-09 02:05 PM

My 3Gs has no heating issues.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 07-05-09 at 02:11 PM.
    07-05-09 02:08 PM
    I like how... people act like companies need to be perfect I just read that garbage, and now my head hurts. When you ship millions of units, there are bound to be kinks here and there its just a fact. Look at the X-Box. I can't tell you how many of those I went through, but Microsoft fixed it. Apple will fix it too. If you look at how much money they make, and the customer reports they have too much riding on the line not to. If you believe everything you read, you'll be missing out on a great device.
    No company can be perfect, but comparing a phone to a game system isn't really t he same thing. People use their phone for work and traveling and everyday life, but a gaming console is for fun and leisure only unless of course you work as a video game tester. Since you want to compare them. For the people who waited to buy an XBox they haven't had to send them back in because Microsoft fixed the issue, but for those that didn't they went through 3+ xboxes (2-3 months total time without the device due to shipping and waiting for replacement) not really acceptable. Then again Microsoft acknowledged the defect and overheating, but Apple has yet to acknowledge it as a device problem, but rather a user problem.

I suggest waiting on the fix and purchasing the Iphone 3GS. As for not believing everything you read. I would agree if new articles and incidents weren't popping up everyday on credible tech sites...

I am glad that there are people who aren't having any issues with their devices though! Lucky you!
    07-05-09 03:01 PM
    I really hope they do some sort of recall here. Yes, all devices can heat up a little during heavy use/charging, my BB does that too. However, if it's enough to actually BURN people then there's a problem. Could be a possible fire hazard too.

All I can say is that Apple really screwed up.
    07-05-09 04:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD