I'm saying these changes don't address the biggest drawbacks to owning an iPhone. Is there any problem with that statement?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 04:29 PM
    OMFG, WAIT FOR THE NEW HARDWARE BEFORE PASSING JUDGMENT. MY GOSH.

The OS WONT fix the battery. Continuing to b*tch about it wont make June come any faster to find out.
    04-08-10 04:30 PM
    A more efficient os CAN mean better battery life.
    But yes, we won't know for sure until it's implemented.
    04-08-10 04:31 PM
    A more efficient os CAN mean better battery life.
    But yes, we won't know for sure until it's implemented.
    Well true but we have no clue what the phone hardware itll be running on will be so its a moot at this time to be whining about already
    04-08-10 04:33 PM
    i always liked the beatles
    04-08-10 04:39 PM
    OMFG, WAIT FOR THE NEW HARDWARE BEFORE PASSING JUDGMENT. MY GOSH.

The OS WONT fix the battery. Continuing to b*tch about it wont make June come any faster to find out.
    I'm only saying that it's great Apple has caught up with other platforms in some area but AT&T and battery life still prevent me from wanting one.

Cool it down.

04-08-10 04:40 PM
    Ok saying it 5 times wont change the fact the new hardware isnt out until June. So keep saying its preventing you without even a stitch of info about what the new phone or battery in it will even be.

whatever floats your boat at this point youre just talking in circles
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-08-10 at 04:44 PM.
    04-08-10 04:42 PM
    Well true but we have no clue what the phone hardware itll be running on will be so its a moot at this time to be whining about already
    I should have been more clear. I was speaking mainly of the 3GS. We have current battery life as a benchmark for comparison.

Really it boils down to whether Apple is trying to address the shortcomings and criticisms of the iPhone as a product.
    If they are trying to improve their competitiveness against other brands, they will address it.

Battery life is one of the biggest disadvantages to the iPhone in terms of selling features, so I think they will, through a combination of hardware and software changes.
    04-08-10 04:45 PM
    Why is it okay for others to say this is what they've been waiting for to switch, but for me to say it's not?

Even Civic said she wants it on Verizon, regardless of today's announcements. I get it, you're afraid of picking on Civic.

04-08-10 04:48 PM
    True but there's nothing they can do about the year old 3GS now. And 4.0 is barely even out to the devs yet, no one knows how itll even affect the 3GS battery, let alone what battery Apple will put in the 4th gen.

So saying its keeping someone from switching is premature and ridiculous at this point without more information.

No synth, your just being whiny about Apple as usual and its getting tiring finding every tiny thing about Apple to come here and bash on, especially an irrelevant point about what battery life will be on the new hardware/software combo 3 months out. If they slap a 2000mah battery in there then what? No one knows! No one even knows what the 4.0 on the 3GS will be like it just came out 2 or 3 hours ago!
    i always liked the beatles
    I always liked their record label.
    If they slap a 2000mah battery in there then what? No one knows!
    In that case AT&T will still remain a deal breaker.
    04-08-10 04:54 PM
    Ok then there's NO pleasing you so why are you here complaining about something you wont even possibly get? If its not what you want then continuing to hound about it wont change Apple's mind
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-08-10 at 05:04 PM.
    04-08-10 04:55 PM
    Why is it okay for others to say this is what they've been waiting for to switch, but for me to say it's not?

Even Civic said she wants it on Verizon, regardless of today's announcements. I get it, you're afraid of picking on Civic.

I'll do it!

Civic, you suck! How much is apple paying you to hang around CB?

Sorry to be irreverent, but Synth, Stu and Civic, you have been going at each other non-stop lately. Can't you just agree to disagree or something?
    04-08-10 04:56 PM
    I just click on the New Posts link, I don't go by section. Whatever thread title looks interesting, I go. Especially from Civic

I am not hounding Apple. Nor am I defending RIM, BTW. If you actually read what I say, it's that I want certain things in a device and don't want them to change just because Apple is doing it differently.

I'm open to owning an iPhone if it works right for me in the future. I've owned many Macs, I don't hate Apple.

04-08-10 05:01 PM
    Sigh. It's precisely affecting those that want to deploy apps to more platforms. Now a developer must develop for the iPhone and then port it to other devices. These tools are meant to ease writing cross platform apps, as well as provide more advanced languages like C#.

This is a negative for OTHER platforms and not really the iPhone one. Meaning, that devs would not have an easy avenue to take now to export their apps they build initially for the iPhone to another platform (like the BB)... admit it, this is the real reason why you're bringing this up. You're concerned that devs won't want to publish their "made or iPhone" concept apps to other platforms.
    04-08-10 05:16 PM

Wow, hey, **... wait a second! I said I'm happy for the new changes as they are ones I've been waiting for, but I never said I'm wanting to switch to it yet. There are a few "OCD" aspects I need to check into once I can actually put my hands on a Verizon iPhone (if that even happens), but if those don't fly, I'll be in limbo again.

I'm very perticular about some things and some needs. I will say this however... I "needed" multiple Exchange account support and multitasking. Those have now become available on the iPhone. I still need to see just how multitasking the multitasking is (lol), but the multiple Exchange account support was a big need for me. Currently, Android still lacks this support on all handsets (to my knowledge), so we'll see where things are in the summer. I am excited though.... but if the iPhone doesn't surface on Verizon, all this is a moot point because like synth, I won't be cought dead on AT&T's network. lol
    04-08-10 05:23 PM
    I'm not concerned. I already have most of the apps I need, it's not like devs bother porting to the BlackBerry anyway right?

RIM does not restrict developers, but in their last podcast Mike Kirkup was down on those tools. It's obvious why, they want devs to take advantage of unique features of the platform.

The difference between RIM and Apple here is that RIM doesn't enforce this, because some cases are just fine for this kind of development, and RIM is not in a position to dictate to devs, whereas Apple is leveraging its position to change the acceptable norms in vendor-developer relationship.

This is another example of how Apple builds its power by concentrating on the demand side. They hooked consumers and can now tell carriers and developers how to do things.

04-08-10 05:26 PM
    If Apple puts the A4 chip in from the iPad, better look out. The iPad is seriously fast and stingy on battery. Imagine an iPhone with 1/3 the screen size.

iPad goes 12 hours playing video with the big screen and bigger batteries, smaller screen and smaller battery and you'll still likely have 8+ hours of battery.
    04-08-10 06:28 PM
    Ok then there's NO pleasing you so why are you here complaining about something you wont even possibly get? If its not what you want then continuing to hound about it wont change Apple's mind
    Calm your *** down. Why do you care so much about another person's reasons for not purchasing the iPhone?
    04-08-10 06:49 PM
    I don't know about you but I tried BB once and it sucked. I had an 8900, similar to the 9700 you're using, and the OS/UI, browser, app quality, email, stability, and build quality were crap.

Love my Droid and when I decide to upgrade, I'll either buy another Android device or a Verizon iPhone. BB is living in the stone age with that outdated and unstable OS.
    LOL. Hey dman91, we've been through this already and you just quit the thread. Do we need to start over?

04-08-10 07:28 PM
    No synth, your just being whiny about Apple as usual and its getting tiring finding every tiny thing about Apple to come here and bash on
    Now this is funny. You honestly think synthmole is anywhere close to bring as provocative as Civic? Why else would she make a thread like this in BlackBerry News and Rumours (before it was rightfully relocated)? Maybe so she could start shat like she always does?

04-08-10 08:46 PM
    As long as an iphone can be jailbroken and hacked many CTOs won't let them inside the firewall.

04-08-10 09:37 PM
    If Apple puts the A4 chip in from the iPad, better look out. The iPad is seriously fast and stingy on battery. Imagine an iPhone with 1/3 the screen size.

iPad goes 12 hours playing video with the big screen and bigger batteries, smaller screen and smaller battery and you'll still likely have 8+ hours of battery.
    Ummmm....doesn't the iPad have 2 batteries? Don't think you'll see that on the iPhone. But the A4 chips looks like a good one. I read they are benchmarking it 10-30% faster than the snap dragons. I haven't seen anything about how efficient it is with the battery.

04-09-10 07:32 AM
    I have to say multiple exchange acct support, multi-task, new API's that RIM only dreams of having... Love it. I said it before, will say it again, if it wasnt for Apple none of the RIM fanboys would see touchscreens, facebook app, or even camera's. RIM was just fine with the 8700 series and I think they would still have it today for not Apple to get in the game
    04-10-10 03:42 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD