Just in case you missed the announcement.

I upgraded and all is good.
    02-03-10 03:19 PM
    Yeah I saw that. But I'm jailbroken and the small upgrade wasn't worth losing my
    jailbreak for.
    02-03-10 03:33 PM
    same here, and its not even a small update, just a bug/security patch really. nothing worth running out and updating to losing the jailbreak
    02-03-10 08:06 PM
    not worth the update
    02-03-10 08:11 PM
    i updated yesterday, and it seems like my battery life is worse. i say seems like, because its not really anything other than the percentage meter. as i'm browsing or using apps, i can see it going down sometimes. i took it off the charger this morning at around 7am, now at 1045pm, i'm down to 12%. i made a few calls, surfed very little, sent text messages, and emails. seems like before i would be around 20% or so. you guys think its just the meter being more accurate or something? i restarted the phone when it was at 18% and when it started back up, it showed 6% and gave me the 10% warning. when i clicked ok, it went back up to 18%. i really would hate to restore as new as that would be a pain with apps and all.
    02-03-10 10:46 PM
    The update FIXED battery issues. At least that was the intention.
    It also disables jailbreak. Appears there won't be another jailbreak until a bigger update. Dev team doesn't want to waste their time on this one. They also made it so users are required to restore to newest 3.1.3. No more back-ups to 3.1.2 or lower. Something about those who had their 3.1.2 keys signed can restore to it, no one else though. Not sure what that means though.
    So essentially the update was aimed at jailbreak community.
    02-04-10 01:06 AM
    Once someone usually says their battery life was effected i tend to wait until some more people update their iPhone to get the real census on it
    02-04-10 01:12 AM
    The update was meant to fix battery issues *shakes head*
    02-04-10 01:44 AM
    The update was meant to fix battery issues *shakes head*
    I was talking in reference to what Cobra posted near the beginning of the thread, my bad for not being clear *shakes head*
    02-04-10 02:12 AM
    WRONG, the update only fixed the accuracy of how the battery percentage was reported. An there is a jailbreak out for 3.1.3

Where are you getting your misleading information from?

Let me help you out... iPhone OS 3.1.3 available now -- Engadget

The update FIXED battery issues. At least that was the intention.
    It also disables jailbreak. Appears there won't be another jailbreak until a bigger update. Dev team doesn't want to waste their time on this one. They also made it so users are required to restore to newest 3.1.3. No more back-ups to 3.1.2 or lower. Something about those who had their 3.1.2 keys signed can restore to it, no one else though. Not sure what that means though.
    So essentially the update was aimed at jailbreak community.
    02-04-10 04:56 AM
    I'm unlocked and jailbroken, and I don't feel like going through the hassle of unlocking/jailbreaking my phone again.
    02-04-10 05:26 AM
    yep pretty much a pointless update,
    02-04-10 07:04 AM
    downloaded new items to my itunes.... questions:
    was asked if I wanted to download the updated Itunes and update my iphone?

I declined both and put check the icon, to have it not remind me to update. If I do update itunes store does that effect the jailbreak? I know if I download the iphone update I'll lose my jailbreak...
    02-04-10 08:38 AM
    I'm getting my information from CYDIA!

The creator posted on there that there is ONLY A JAIBREAK OUT FOR THE 2G!
    For them to be able to create a brand new jailbreak for a brand new baseband in less than a day is simply impossible.
    Also, unless you're illiterate it says on the very page you linked me to that there is no jailbreak out for it.

Update: As usual, we're hearing blackra1n (and presumably redsn0w) has been busted by 3.1.3, so you probably want to hold back if you're jailbroken until you've gotten the all-clear. Thanks, Eric!

Busted by 3.1.3 ... this does not mean there is a jailbreak out for it. It means that the update has effectively removed the ability to jailbreak.

Or simply read the Dev-Team blog... The guys that, for the most part, make jailbreak software.
    Dev-Team Blog
    If you care about your jailbreak and unlock, dont update your device - 3G and 3G(S) owners should pay particular attention to this warning.

* PwnageTool and redsn0w are not yet compatible with 3.1.3
    * There is no estimated release time for compatible tools (please dont bug us about this).
    * Any information we have regarding this update will be posted here.
    * You can also follow us on twitter - @iphone_dev

Update 1: [Dont go near this if you have 3GS, newer ipt2G, or any ipt3G]
    02-04-10 08:40 AM
    I was talking in reference to what Cobra posted near the beginning of the thread, my bad for not being clear *shakes head*
    yeah, the fix was meant for the battery meter of the 3GS, although like i mentioned, it seems like my battery meter is going down much faster than before. i called apple, and they reccomended a restore as new. but thats gonna be a pain and then to try and get all the apps back and all. i'm gonna give it a few days and see what happens. i got like 4.5 hours of use and 16 or so standby hours yesterday and was ended the day at like 8 percent battery life. so far today i've gotten 26 minutes of use and 4 hours of standby and i'm at 94%, well, scratch that, it just went down to 93%. pretty good numbers i think, but again, just in the time it took me to type this post i literally saw the battery meter jump down 1 percent. like i mentioned earlier, it could just be that the meter is so much more accurate now that i'm actually noticing that its dropping where before it was less accurate so the drops werent as often, but were larger. does that make any sense?
    02-04-10 10:44 AM
    Yea I'm going to leave that one alone because I'm paranoid about my battery as it is and I'm very happy with the 3Gs battery life weather this thing is inaccurate or not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 11:26 AM
    My thought is, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I have no issues with the 3.1.2, so I am not going to upgrade

Yea I'm going to leave that one alone because I'm paranoid about my battery as it is and I'm very happy with the 3Gs battery life weather this thing is inaccurate or not

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 03:54 PM
    Sounds like it didnt do much. I'll just wait till the next update. I really would like to have a non tethered jailbreak. Sigh...
    02-05-10 01:41 AM
    No issues w/ 3.1.2 here, I haven't rebooted my iPhone in at least 4 months, no crashes and not even a hiccup. I can't imagine it running any better than it does right now. I'll keep my jailbreak thanks....
    02-05-10 07:34 PM
    yeah, the fix was meant for the battery meter of the 3GS, although like i mentioned, it seems like my battery meter is going down much faster than before. i called apple, and they reccomended a restore as new. but thats gonna be a pain and then to try and get all the apps back and all. i'm gonna give it a few days and see what happens. i got like 4.5 hours of use and 16 or so standby hours yesterday and was ended the day at like 8 percent battery life. so far today i've gotten 26 minutes of use and 4 hours of standby and i'm at 94%, well, scratch that, it just went down to 93%. pretty good numbers i think, but again, just in the time it took me to type this post i literally saw the battery meter jump down 1 percent. like i mentioned earlier, it could just be that the meter is so much more accurate now that i'm actually noticing that its dropping where before it was less accurate so the drops werent as often, but were larger. does that make any sense?
    Not hard, if you want to restore as new, just sync your phone and transfer purchases before you restore as new to backup everything. Then just sync it all back over after you restore as new.
    02-11-10 07:32 PM
    any news on 4.0 OS ?? haha =D
    02-12-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD