07-30-10 01:44 PM
54 123
tools
    10-03-09 10:27 PM
    There's and even nicer app coming out called iMessenger http://imessengerapp.com/that will be similar but have stuff like real BBM- pic transfer and read/deliver status.

Just came across another site talking about it so thought Id share.

Either way though my earlier point still stands these apps are still too segmented in users to make it any bit useful like BBM which is on EVERY Blackberry.
    10-03-09 11:20 PM
    I think that it's great that the Iphone is trying to take something from blackberry. In my opinion they should just give in to blackberry. I am not happy tho they are emulating the messanger, it belongs to us RIM users and they should come up with their own way of communicating for free
    10-03-09 11:28 PM
    Ive used it, actually pretty useful except for the fact its not default on every device like bbm is.
    10-04-09 11:08 PM
    i need try this on wife iphone today
    10-05-09 09:17 PM
    i wonder iphone will get push email application like blackberry
    10-09-09 03:49 PM
    Apple would turn some heads with their own iphone to iphone messenger. They should include it in one of their updates as part of the software like BBM.
    10-09-09 05:02 PM
    i wonder iphone will get push email application like blackberry
    Why are people so mislead on this? Microsoft Exchange ( I.e gmail ) yahoo email, MobileMe is all pushed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 11:07 AM
    How does this compare to the recent release of BBM 5? BBM 5 is actually a very integrated and polished end product, believe it or not.

Like others have said, the limiting factor with Ping! or similar programs is that they're not included out-of-the-box on all iPhones and iPods, like BBM is with BBs.
    10-10-09 11:51 AM
    Rely but it cant (pin)g any BB user so i think it would be useless none of my friends own a Iphone so i am getting the 9700just so i can pin them on BBM them.
    07-16-10 09:57 PM
    Rely but it cant (pin)g any BB user so i think it would be useless none of my friends own a Iphone so i am getting the 9700just so i can pin them on BBM them.
    Lol great first post.
    07-16-10 10:32 PM
    You gone done and did made us bb fanboys have an iq of how many issues we have with our phones...

Double negative there lol

07-17-10 12:01 AM
    THIS IS NOT FROM ME!!!!!
    Source: my.nowpublic.com
    Ping! iPhone App: Blackberry Ain't Got Nothin' on Apple Anymore | NowPublic News Coverage
    Sorry Research In Motion, but the Blackberry ain't got nothin' on the Apple iPhone anymore. Ping!, a new app available for the iPhone is the equivalent to the much-loved Blackberry Messenger (BBM). Made by the guy behind PushGmail, Ping! is a fast and free SMS like service that notifies the user of incoming messages even when his or her iPhone is inactive.

What is Ping!

Ping! is iphone-to-iphone messaging that also works with the iPod Touch. Ping! works with push notifications so that messages can be delivered ANYWHERE in the world, instantly. The experience is simple and familiar (resembles SMS!) but does not incur additional carrier charges, like text messaging would.

Ping! is like Blackberry Messenger/BBM!

Ping! is similar to BBM in that you can message other iPhones and iPod Touches quickly and easily without text messaging costs. Ping! is intended for your friends and works only when you have your friend's Ping! ID to start messaging.
    jealous? ping ping
    07-17-10 05:45 AM
    jealous? ping ping
    Ya know, what woulda been REALLY funny?
    Posting that 9 months ago.

Lol. PingPing. Sounds like a Panda that zookeepers are trying to get knocked up.
    07-17-10 10:26 AM
    Lol. PingPing. Sounds like a Panda that zookeepers are trying to get knocked up.
    Lmao. Save teh Pandas!
    07-17-10 01:13 PM
    Sigh, I own a Blackberry, but it's sentiments like this that are absurdly condescending and make you look foolish. There are plenty people who have posted that they work just as well/quickly on their iPhone, and many business have switched from Berries to iPhones.I question how much "work" can REALLY be done on either, short of responding to email or having a phone call. Yeah, you could view or work on some documents, but it's going to be much slower than at an actual computer.

Anyway, the app sounds like a great idea, not surprised they finally rolled out something like this.
    I agree with you. Phones are a useful tool and used to respond quickly to things, I've used a BlackBerry. I loved alot of things about it, unfortunatly it was the storm when it was still new and had all the glitches in it. Still, BBM, and Push email are the bee's knees. HOWEVER I know alot of extremely busy and high people in different companies. Other then quick responses, in IM and email. Anything EXTREMELY important and highly task heavy is not done on a phone, but a laptop. Be it iPhone, or BlackBerry. When it comes to things like big projects or massively important deals, only a few very brave souls would dare risk doing high prority tasks on a mobile device. I love things about both phones, but so far I prefer the iPhone. Just as I would never say to a BlackBerry user " You can't have fun on your Blackberry!" I would never say to my fellow iPhone users. " You can't do work on an iPhone! " Because it's not true, after all Apples a fortune 5oo, and all of apples execs use an iPhone to the same purpose an exec at another company would use a BlackBerry. Just my two cents.
    07-17-10 03:18 PM
    I beg to differ. I have gotten 12 people on blackberrys and when they see how easy it is to communicate with bbm, they never do txt or im again with people with BBs. That was the selling point. I guess it depends how many friends you have that use it everyday as their primary form of communication I have 25 of my real freinds on bbm, and it is an easy way to communicate for something quick to say. As stated it was an exclusive feature that all BB users shared and it was exclusive to only BB users and I was posting it because it is one less item that is exclusive to a BB.
    Same here, I got tons of family/friends/etc that uses a BB and BBM is a fantastic way to communicate since it's practically instant upon sending. It's like just about everyone having an ICQ ID 10 years ago, if you're using something else then you'll end up having to use SMS or Y! or MSN or such. The BBM IS one of BB's selling points, the multimedia and application expandability is one of iPhone's selling points, they're both different in strength.
    07-17-10 05:25 PM
    ew ping sucks. I'd rather telegraph someone then use ping.
    07-20-10 02:00 AM
    Idk, bb multimedia is pretty good on my curve, haven't found a file I haven't been able to play. Sure it drains battery for the video, like 5 percent for every 20 mins. Games suck on all bb's though lol. But that's what my psp is for.

So ping has been out for a while, is it better than bbm? Or just needs more time because it seems they put no thought in it due to a quick launch and no one new it was coming till it was released?

07-20-10 07:42 AM
    i use whatsapp for people still on blackberry.
    07-20-10 12:28 PM
    THIS IS NOT FROM ME!!!!!
    Source:
    Ping! iPhone App: Blackberry Ain't Got Nothin' on Apple Anymore | NowPublic News Coverage[/url]
    Sorry Research In Motion, but the Blackberry ain't got nothin' on the Apple iPhone anymore. Ping!, a new app available for the iPhone is the equivalent to the much-loved Blackberry Messenger (BBM). Made by the guy behind PushGmail, Ping! is a fast and free SMS like service that notifies the user of incoming messages even when his or her iPhone is inactive.

What is Ping!

Ping! is iphone-to-iphone messaging that also works with the iPod Touch. Ping! works with push notifications so that messages can be delivered ANYWHERE in the world, instantly. The experience is simple and familiar (resembles SMS!) but does not incur additional carrier charges, like text messaging would.

Ping! is like Blackberry Messenger/BBM!

Ping! is similar to BBM in that you can message other iPhones and iPod Touches quickly and easily without text messaging costs. Ping! is intended for your friends and works only when you have your friend's Ping! ID to start messaging.
    Good to know BBM has some competition. Personally though, I don't like the idea of having a messaging service that is device-specific...
    07-21-10 03:41 PM
    First of all. BBM isn't a deal breaker for everyone. I'd still use my berry even if they wiped out bbm. There's always txt and msn and yahoo etc.
    That having been said-- a "clone" is a good word. Often imitated, NEVER duplicated.
    LOL

07-22-10 05:32 AM
    thanks for info just picked up iPhone and will be giving this app a try
    07-27-10 06:43 PM
    When i can send a message from my iphone 4 to my neanderthal co-workers that use BBM then ill be impressed
    07-28-10 09:02 PM
    First of all. BBM isn't a deal breaker for everyone. I'd still use my berry even if they wiped out bbm. There's always txt and msn and yahoo etc.
    That having been said-- a "clone" is a good word. Often imitated, NEVER duplicated.
    LOL

That works both ways too. Look at OS6, LOTS of iphone influence- the page overview browser tabs, the album look on the media player, etc. Same with Android.

Lots of similarities between them copying off each other's basic ideas.
    07-28-10 09:33 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD