I downloaded itunes 8 last night and now when i plug in my phone is tires to load for two seconds then my computer screen goes blue and restarts. DOws anyone know why this would occur or how i could just go back to the old itunes ithink 7.7?

btw im using an HP with windows vista

thanks in advance
    09-10-08 06:43 AM
    I have Windows XP and Mac os x 10.5 My ipod touch worked. Try downgrading or go to the apple store.
    09-10-08 06:45 AM
    how do i got about downgrading though bc i couldnt find the old itunes on apples website...
    09-10-08 07:00 AM
    You will not find a direct link on their website.

I have an old download... I will try and find the address for it.

09-10-08 08:20 AM
    That was quick actually... It is for 7.5 though. I will keep looking for 7.7

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes75Setup.exe
    09-10-08 08:21 AM
    Btw... I do not think it's iTunes, but I believe I found the link. I typed iTunes 7.7 in the search bar. Let me know if that works.

After the d/l, delete iTunes 8.0, then restart. After the resatart (PC), install 7.7

Apple - Support - Downloads - iTunes 7.7
    09-10-08 08:25 AM
    A blue screen on windows? Sounds like a corrupt file to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 10:25 AM
    thanks jayden for the links..I'm gonna try them when I get home

@avt... I figured that too...it's never happened to me before and it only happens when I plug my iPhone in...so figured it had to be iTunes doing it to me....
    09-10-08 11:21 AM
    thanks jayden for the links..I'm gonna try them when I get home

@avt... I figured that too...it's never happened to me before and it only happens when I plug my iPhone in...so figured it had to be iTunes doing it to me....
    Have you tried uninstalling iTunes 8, then reinstalling it?

Edit- There is an article about this issue here iTunes 8 + Vista = BSOD? WT*, QA! | The iPhone Blog

Seems iTunes 8 for Vista 32/64 will crash if you hook an iPhone or iPod up to it, or, you know, look at it funny. Gizmodo says some users are having luck reverting back to 7.7, or doing a complete uninstall and then installing 8.0. Apple, meanwhile, is asking for crash logs to try to figure out what’s happening.

Could Apple’s Quality Assurance department really not have any Vista machines in-house to run tests on? Any other company, and we wouldn’t even ask but as reader Bryan points out in the comments:

Apple, you’re looking more and more unstable as 2008 progresses. I’m not trying to be a ****, but today’s press conference was absolutely unnecessary; these were minor product line changes, not something worth throwing an “event.” Please invest more in QA and less in these events.

We’d joke it was the new Gates/Seinfeld ad pressure, but we figure Vista users aren’t in a real laughing mood over this. For my part, I haven’t installed iTunes on my Vista machine yet, but now I’ll make a point of it. Let’s see what happens…
    And Apple, break’s over, b’okay?
    Last edited by avt123; 09-10-08 at 02:03 PM.
    09-10-08 01:55 PM
    thanks for that link...I tried deleting nd reinstalling which didn't work but now I got 7.7 up and running again so everythings good for now....

Thanks for your guys help
    09-10-08 02:38 PM
    thanks for that link...I tried deleting nd reinstalling which didn't work but now I got 7.7 up and running again so everythings good for now....

Thanks for your guys help
    No problem, hopefully 8.0 will work for you soon. It has a lot of nice features.
    09-10-08 02:39 PM
    scratch that...actually its not working...i keep getting this message when i try and open it...."the file "itunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes"

any clue why its still not working?
    09-10-08 03:12 PM
    nevermind i got itunes 8 to work

i read an article about it possible being the printer or logitech servicesso is all i did was power off my printer and no problems. Hopefully they fix this so i can have my printer on while syncing my iphone....
    09-10-08 04:41 PM

i read an article about it possible being the printer or logitech servicesso is all i did was power off my printer and no problems. Hopefully they fix this so i can have my printer on while syncing my iphone....
    Awesome, at least you got it working. Hopefully they release a fix for that soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 08:49 PM

You have to go to you iTunes folder and delete the file it's referring to. 7.7 is trying to use 8.0's library in which it doesn't recognize.

Delete "iTunes Library.itl"
    09-10-08 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD