Bellfast let's do it since the OP is taking about the 3GS let's take a 3GS and put it up against the Tour. About the same release date no?

Let me know how that works out for ya......
    11-13-11 11:16 AM
    Bellfast let's do it since the OP is taking about the 3GS let's take a 3GS and put it up against the Tour. About the same release date no?

Let me know how that works out for ya......
    Same thing applies, find a keyword in a webpage, send links to sms, facebook twitter, upload/download to this forum, the Tour would win on anything except the speed of loading a page.

Anyway, should the 3GS not be compared to the 9700 really as the Tour is cdma and 3GS is gsm.
    11-13-11 11:21 AM
    Same thing applies, find a keyword in a webpage, send links to sms, facebook twitter, upload/download to this forum, the Tour would win on anything except the speed of loading a page.

Anyway, should the 3GS not be compared to the 9700 really as the Tour is cdma and 3GS is gsm.
    With my 4S:
    Search for the word "webpage", 5 sec.
    Tweet, 5 sec.
    Facebook, 10 sec.
    SMS, 10 sec.
    Upload/download, can't do it with safari as far as I know.

There are a few things that I miss or find easier/faster to do on a Berry, but overall I'm finding the iPhone experience to be faster and quite satisfying so far
    11-13-11 05:01 PM
    With my 4S:
    Search for the word "webpage", 5 sec.
    Tweet, 5 sec.
    Facebook, 10 sec.
    SMS, 10 sec.
    Upload/download, can't do it with safari as far as I know.

There are a few things that I miss or find easier/faster to do on a Berry, but overall I'm finding the iPhone experience to be faster and quite satisfying so far
    Not search for webpage lol, search withing an webpage.
    And it might be slower to load a webpage but look at all these options.

And I just uploaded them from my Bold 9900 Browser.
    11-13-11 05:24 PM
    This thread is a joke LOL. So much iPhone bashing. Look at my SIG...and see where Im coming from. 5-6 years blackberry user here finally gone to iPhone4s. This phone just works and it's awesome. When I got the 9930 I thought I had the best phone ever. Within 2 weeks I was bored. It's been almost 1 month with my iPhone and I Love it more and more everyday. Good luck convincing me to go back to a blackberry LOL. I used to bash apple and iPhone with a passion. Now im eatting all those words and all I hear from my friends is "told ya so" Glad I switched and good to be on the dark side. And no I'm not bashing RIM. Just try an iPhone love it and move on....
    Told you so. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 05:51 PM
    There are options when you're in a webpage on Safari too. It's just so fast bringing a page up. I don't know about the 'find' option. I've never had to use it.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-13-11 06:12 PM
    There are options when you're in a webpage on Safari too. It's just so fast bringing a page up. I don't know about the 'find' option. I've never had to use it.

Email and Twitter I presume, no sms, instant messages etc. Could be wrong.
    As I said it might be fast but you had to buy an app just to upload photos to this forum, correct? I believe you called it "annoying"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 06:31 PM
    Safari on ios searches within the current page as well
    Miss the keyboard shortcuts and ability to access files for upload/download though
    11-14-11 04:55 AM
    Safari on ios searches within the current page as well
    Miss the keyboard shortcuts and ability to access files for upload/download though
    Ah, I take that one back then

11-14-11 05:19 AM
    When I got the 9930 I thought I had the best phone ever. Within 2 weeks I was bored.
    Statements like this make me laugh. Professionals don't get "bored" with a tool/instrument/device bought for making a workday more manageable/efficient. If you are "bored" with your BB then you picked the wrong device. Its primary function is not entertainment/multimedia.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 11-14-11 at 06:00 AM.
    11-14-11 05:56 AM
    Statements like this make me laugh. Professionals don't get "bored" with a tool/instrument/device bought for making a workday more manageable/efficient. If you are "bored" with your BB then you picked the wrong device. Its primary function is not entertainment/multimedia.
    Oh really? Tell u what I'm 29 years old. I'm a general contractor. I have work all over the place. I get tons of shop drawing plans for projects via emails. Half of time on the blackberry I couldn't see them cuz files too big. On iPhone that problem is gone and viewing PDF files on this screen is awesome. And FYI I've been using blackberrys for 5-6 years. Get this in ur secluded head. People prefer devices for many reasons. I have mine. I could care less if u don't agree with me. U use whateva device ur happy with. My business still flowing. I have an iPhone now and it's easier for me now. Getting all my emails etc. I'm tired of posting here. Every time we say iPhone we get bashed. Grow up people it's just a phone. I drive BMW because they give our company the best lease rates. The day Lexus Benz Acura does that we will switch. See I get what's more convenient for me and right now that is the iPhone. And NO I don't use my iPhone for fun and games. It serves me well as a great business tool when I'm away from my office and keeping up with my sub contractors. And FYI I don't hate RIM nor bash them. I hope they come up with their new BBX line.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sj-performance; 11-14-11 at 06:22 AM.
    candy84 and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    11-14-11 06:16 AM
    Oh really? Tell u what I'm 29 years old. I'm a general contractor. I have work all over the place. I get tons of shop drawing plans for projects via emails. Half of time on the blackberry I couldn't see them cuz files too big. On iPhone that problem is gone and viewing PDF files on this screen is awesome. And FYI I've been using blackberrys for 5-6 years. Get this in ur secluded head. People prefer devices for many reasons. I have mine. I could care less if u don't agree with me. U use whateva device ur happy with. My business still flowing. I have an iPhone now and it's easier for me now. Getting all my emails etc. I'm tired of posting here. Every time we say iPhone we get bashed. Grow up people it's just a phone. I drive BMW because they give our company the best lease rates. The day Lexus Benz Acura does that we will switch. See I get what's more convenient for me and right now that is the iPhone. And NO I don't use my iPhone for fun and games. It serves me well as a great business tool when I'm away from my office and keeping up with my sub contractors. And FYI I don't hate RIM nor bash them. I hope they come up with their new BBX line.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    That's like complaining that a spoon does a crap job at being a fork, I BB was never designed to view large pdf files on it, especially plans.

And let's be honest, there's another device that is much better for your job and it should replace the iphone for pdf plans, and that's the ipad or any tablet really.

BB was never the ideal tool for your job, you made it your tool and you tried to do on it what it should be done on a laptop and more recently, a tablet.

11-14-11 06:39 AM
    already thought of that. i have a blackberry playbook for work and we have an ipad 2 at home. i dont agree with your statement that BB was never my ideal tool for job. it was for the last 6 years. i just wanted a change thats all. no need to disagree with me or not. and honestly like i said before. i dont really care. for now iphone is what i use and what i prefer.
    11-14-11 07:12 AM
    And another nice Safari trick:

When in Safari, holding your fingertip down on a link instead of tapping it produces an information balloon that displays the underlying URL. The same thing happens in Mail when you hold a link, which makes this tip much more useful. Now when those “account update” e-mails appear, you can press and hold on the link to find out if you’re really going to be taken to the site the e-mail claims
    moiselles likes this.
    11-14-11 10:13 AM
    And another nice Safari trick:

When in Safari, holding your fingertip down on a link instead of tapping it produces an information balloon that displays the underlying URL. The same thing happens in Mail when you hold a link, which makes this tip much more useful. Now when those �account update� e-mails appear, you can press and hold on the link to find out if you�re really going to be taken to the site the e-mail claims
    Dude, no offense but blackberry has been doing this for as far as I can remember, in a webpage press P for the information and in mail you always always get a warning after clicking on a link in an email that's not what it should be. So much that I always checked from my blackberry when I wasn't sure of the email instead of my laptop.

11-14-11 10:33 AM
    I believe we were talking about the browser not apps.
    And I have no idea what the other stuff you said is but it sounds like it shouldn't be done on a phone.

My BB might not be able to receive a 10mb email yet but I can receive a link to a 100mb+ file(too big for any email account), any type of file, and download it trough the browser as any computer should be able to.

Why shouldn't I be able to remote to one of my servers and reboot it from my phone?

Oh thats right because a BB can't do it....
    11-14-11 11:06 AM
    I don't miss my BB at all considering I can't do something as simple as hmmmmmm my work.....but I can sure get email.......
    Nice one, change the subject to divert from the fact that you discovered "new tricks" in your iphone that you never new your old blackberry already had.

Anyway, if you knew the blackberry wasn't good for your hmmmmmm work requirements, why did you buy it?

11-14-11 12:35 PM
    I didn't it was GIVEN to me........
    11-14-11 12:40 PM
    Alright guys. Let's quit baiting each other...

11-14-11 12:59 PM
    Folks,

We REALLY got to make a better effort here!!!!!! You have forced my hand I'm gonna have to lay a silly video on you, here is a message from a movie president......

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWopfEJq48[/yt]
    11-15-11 10:58 AM
    No prob PK but if I got a warning about something I can only hope it was fair that the person who I supposedly offended got one too.

Mars Attacks......well we all know how that ended....................lol
    11-15-11 11:47 AM
    I've had both; now am using the iPhone 4. I LOVED my Torch.. In fact, it was probably my favorite phone ever. But I am falling more in love with my iPhone daily. They're both fantastic phones.. it's user preference, in the end, that decides which you should use.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-15-11 11:47 AM
    This thread is serious business.
    11-15-11 11:53 AM
    Really? Are you on edge? My iPhone is a killer web browser, and everyone I know with an iPhone has never complained about the browsing experience. Ten minutes to respond to a post on crackberry? That just can't be true. After owning the 980@ and the 9810, there is no way things are easier. The beauty of its is the simplicity. Crazy.
    I'm a hardcore multi-tasker on my BB with multiple convos open in aim and bbm all while loading webpages and switching back and forth between applications. Now I've been using the iPhone 4 since the 9th now and even after loading all the apps I use on here my multi-tasking speed has greatly decreased, as well as my typing, I can't even get the cursor in-between the two words I want while typing this out. Also this one button business just isn't cutting it, I need my menu options back.

So again it all comes down to how you use your phone, that's exactly how I use mine and me and the iPhone are not compatible.
    11-20-11 02:05 AM
    You're right, maybe the iPhone isn't for you in this case. I don't get how double tapping the home key to switch between open apps is so much more complicated than BBs eleventy billion menus, or the keyboard is so difficult but okay. I hate the menu navigation on BB, but that's me.

I hope this doesn't sound snippy. If so I apologise. It's 5am and I have insomnia and it's getting to me lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 11-20-11 at 04:34 AM.
    11-20-11 04:15 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD