I am leaning BB Bold for my upgrade next month, but may go with the iPhone. I played with the Memo Pad App for the iphone and it is a very bad joke compared to the Memo Pad App in my BB. Is there a better app that is FREE? Also will the built in app sync with MS Entourage for the Mac? It HAS TO sync with this app. I also played with the built in photo app on the iPhone and it also is a bad joke compared to the one in my BB. The one in my BB has TONS more features. Is there a nicer one that is FREE?

John
    02-08-12 04:16 PM
    Evernote for the win
    02-08-12 05:19 PM
    Maybe you should just stick with your Blackberry...
    02-08-12 10:29 PM
    Why would you say something like this? The OP is asking for help and what better place is there to come to than Crackberry? We have a perfect opportunity to enlighten a fellow Blackberry user as to why switch to an Iphone and this is all you have to offer?

Come on Man........
    02-09-12 05:56 AM
    In my experience the memo pad is exactly the same as the blackberry app. Start a new memo, type, save.

As for the photo app, the blackberry doesn't have editing built in, or video editing. The native iPhone app works for me quite well.

I don't know of any decent photo app replacement so I have to agree with the above, stick to the blackberry. It's serves your purposes and the iPhone doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 07:46 AM
    In my experience the memo pad is exactly the same as the blackberry app. Start a new memo, type, save.

As for the photo app, the blackberry doesn't have editing built in, or video editing. The native iPhone app works for me quite well.

I don't know of any decent photo app replacement so I have to agree with the above, stick to the blackberry. It's serves your purposes and the iPhone doesn't.

This is not true. The memo pad for BB allows for creation of categories, filter by category,etc..
    02-09-12 04:44 PM
    Why would you say something like this? The OP is asking for help and what better place is there to come to than Crackberry? We have a perfect opportunity to enlighten a fellow Blackberry user as to why switch to an Iphone and this is all you have to offer?

Come on Man........
    Thank you for this I appreciate it. I have not decided on what to do. I was thinking about going with the BB Bold, and just buying a separate iPod Touch. However I dont like the bulk, and cant see myself using that over my iPod nano which is nice and small. However if I want the best of both worlds, perhaps I should do it this way. But then again I may just go with the iPhone and give it a honest shot. Who knows I may prefer it over the BB. I am worried about the bulky size of the iPod with the otterbox case. Is it easy to carry around, or would the bulk be too much for someone whom is used to a BB?
    02-09-12 04:47 PM
    I have both and when I am using my Iphone, I miss my Blackberry. When I switch back to my Bold 9930, I miss my Iphone. The Otter box to me feels bulkier on my 9930. I actually think the Otter box makes my Iphone feel better.

I do like the memo on the Iphone better because of Siri.

I can type just as fast on both phones. I am NOT fast on either so I might not be the best judge.

To me it comes down to three things.
    1) The browser is much better on my Iphone.
    2) Apps. I don't play games. I do use the useful ones and they are a ton of them.
    3) The Iphone is getting me use to typing without a keyboard so when the BBX10(London) or whatever the new name is comes out, I will be use to this type of keyboard.
    02-09-12 05:31 PM
    One more thing:

I know I will get heat for this comment but here goes anyway.

The Iphone gives me more piece of mind than the Blackberry. It is hard to explain but when I switch to the Blackberry, I worry about battery pulls, bricking, hour glass, locking up, etc. etc.. You get the feeling that you are on the outside looking in.

When I switch back to the Iphone, I feel like I am have to ability to do whatever I want with my phone. Everything just works. I do feel guilty because I have been with a Rimm product for a long time. I am just waiting for their new phones and hopefully all will be well.
    02-09-12 05:38 PM
    This is one of the most helpful posts ever.

(excluding this post of course.)

What don't you like about the photo app?
    What feature do you want in it?

(Not useless anymore )
    02-09-12 06:04 PM
    This is not true. The memo pad for BB allows for creation of categories, filter by category,etc..
    I'm certain there are apps that will build on that functionality but more than likely a good one will be a paid app. You probably don't have an issue with that but it's not an "out of the box" feature.

02-09-12 06:33 PM
    I have both and when I am using my Iphone, I miss my Blackberry. When I switch back to my Bold 9930, I miss my Iphone. The Otter box to me feels bulkier on my 9930. I actually think the Otter box makes my Iphone feel better.

I do like the memo on the Iphone better because of Siri.

I can type just as fast on both phones. I am NOT fast on either so I might not be the best judge.

To me it comes down to three things.
    1) The browser is much better on my Iphone.
    2) Apps. I don't play games. I do use the useful ones and they are a ton of them.
    3) The Iphone is getting me use to typing without a keyboard so when the BBX10(London) or whatever the new name is comes out, I will be use to this type of keyboard.
    When you compare the Bold to the iPhone with the otterbox case obviously the BB is much smaller right? I dont care about Siri so that feature is moot to me. You are right about apps no question about that one. BB is very lacking in this category. The browser in the BB is okay for me, its just kind of sluggish on the Curve 3G. I hear it is much faster on the Bold 9930.
    02-09-12 07:36 PM
    One more thing:

I know I will get heat for this comment but here goes anyway.

The Iphone gives me more piece of mind than the Blackberry. It is hard to explain but when I switch to the Blackberry, I worry about battery pulls, bricking, hour glass, locking up, etc. etc.. You get the feeling that you are on the outside looking in.

When I switch back to the Iphone, I feel like I am have to ability to do whatever I want with my phone. Everything just works. I do feel guilty because I have been with a Rimm product for a long time. I am just waiting for their new phones and hopefully all will be well.
    You must have issues with your BB and need to take it in for repair. My BB Curve 3G works great and rarely has an issue. Allot of ppl are using borken BB's and try and blame the device for their issues. Read the reviews on amazon.com to see what I mean.
    02-09-12 07:38 PM
    I'm certain there are apps that will build on that functionality but more than likely a good one will be a paid app. You probably don't have an issue with that but it's not an "out of the box" feature.

If it will not sync wiht MS Entourage for the Mac (which is what one of the Mac boards I am on said) I will have an issue. I hear it will sync with Mail, but not Entourage. Mail has a horrid and a joke of a notes interface. Entourage kills mail for PIM.

I tested an iPod Touch in recent days and there was no way to sync it with Entourage out of the box. This could be a serious problem for me, and a problem that will keep me on the BB. I may just end up getting an iPod touch for the missing apps and stuff that I cant get for my BB. I will then have 2 devices.

Please note someone may reply (as some did on a Mac board) and bash me for using a non supported application. The latest version of Office for Mac has Outlook. Those that reply and say this I will ask them to PayPal me some money so I can upgrade to Office 20111. Until then Office 2004 works just fine for me.
    Last edited by jwolf6589; 02-09-12 at 07:44 PM.
    02-09-12 07:40 PM
    If it will not sync wiht MS Entourage for the Mac (which is what one of the Mac boards I am on said) I will have an issue. I hear it will sync with Mail, but not Entourage. Mail has a horrid and a joke of a notes interface. Entourage kills mail for PIM.
    I'm not sure what else to suggest that would not be a joke. I keep coming back to you're better off with the BlackBerry.

02-09-12 07:42 PM
    When you compare the Bold to the iPhone with the otterbox case obviously the BB is much smaller right? I dont care about Siri so that feature is moot to me. You are right about apps no question about that one. BB is very lacking in this category. The browser in the BB is okay for me, its just kind of sluggish on the Curve 3G. I hear it is much faster on the Bold 9930.
    I am not sure why you asked for help. As to the Otter box cases, look up the dimension of the IPhone and the 9930. You will see the 9930 is indeed wider. But the fact that you want to argue that fact with me, a guy that has both, amazes me.
    Good luck with whatever you purchase.
    02-09-12 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD