i could care less about the ipad...but with that it leads me to believe if there ever was going to be a VZW/IPHONE deal its a lot further away than i hoped for. ..oh well my tour will get my by
    01-27-10 01:26 PM
    Sorry VZW folks, thats why yo dont believe rumors like weve been saying for months now!
    Don't bother it's like speaking to a wall..
    01-27-10 01:26 PM
    Yup they can come back next year and make a stink all over again, thank god the forums may lose the VZW trolls now
    01-27-10 01:28 PM
    I love you! Marry me?!
    haha it's an engagement
    01-27-10 01:29 PM
    Apple will not announce Verizon (iPhone) today even if they did have plans this summer for it. Reason being is they don't want people to wait who would normally buy it before then.
    I do not think it is crucial to announce Verizon at this time because the Palm Pre is utterly NO threat to the iPhone, Pixi is a joke and Droid sales may be strong.. but not multi-million strong like the iPhone.

Nexus one sales of 20,000-50,000+ is no threat to anyone let alone the iPhone .

People continually think and compare the iPhone to other smartphones and that is where the problem is. The iPhone is in a class of it's own.. not because of actual features but because of mind share of which NO PHONE in the world can come close to matching.

People will wait, want and rant just because it's an "iPhone"..

iPhone "4G" will sell 5 million phones in one weekend this summer while the 100 other android phones combined sell 1 million.
    Very well said. Couldnt agree more. Nothing will damper the iPhone sales as its in a class of its own.
    01-27-10 01:32 PM
    Without an iPad on VZW its looking like a VZW iphone is even further in the future too. Itd make ZERO sense to have a CDMA iphone and not the iPad, its basically the same thing.

Think its time to close up some of these already too many VZW iphone threads now.
    01-27-10 01:35 PM
    Stuaw knows business! Things must be going well with you buddy. If a 4.0 At&t iPhone comes out in June and a Verizon iPhone comes out in June the only company that will be hurt is At&t. NOT APPLE! That's the point I was trying to make. Sorry buddy!
    Guess I have more business sense then thou who mocks others. Wheres the VZW iPad? Apple event is over now.

No VZW iPad = likely no VZW iphone since theyd use the same chipset. Makes no sense to have a VZW iphone and not an iPad since itd just be a CDMA/GSM chipset like an iphone would be for 3G.

Please play again next year!
    01-27-10 02:03 PM
    Guess I have more business sense then thou who mocks others. Wheres the VZW iPad? Apple event is over now.

No VZW iPad = likely no VZW iphone since theyd use the same chipset. Makes no sense to have a VZW iphone and not an iPad since itd just be a CDMA/GSM chipset like an iphone would be for 3G.

Please play again next year!
    You are right, but your reasoning is a little off. It makes sense because it'd be a smart move for Apple to wait to unleash a iPhone LTE on both ATT and Verizon when LTE starts rolling out. Since both have been said to want to begin rolling out LTE this year it would be utterly pointless to release a CDMA iPhone ever, or for that matter, a fourth gen iPhone 3GS+ for ATT. IF Apple plays its cards right it will grab a huge share of the LTE market when it comes to light.

Unfortunately for ATT guys, it does seem that LTE will be released in some areas for Verizon ahead of LTE for ATT, but I doubt iPhone LTE comes out unless it can be ran on both networks so maybe it will be GSM 3G backwards compatible to utilize all networks possible.
    01-27-10 02:32 PM
    It's not exclusive to AT&T. You can get micro sim cards for it to work on other gsm networks like T-mobile. The only thing AT&T is doing, is giving a price break on the service. So if you buy an Ipad you can get AT&T service for cheap or pay Tmobile or another gsm carrier, that has micro sim cards, and pay a higher price. AT&T is giving a low price to intice you to use thier service. Why pay more with T-mobile or someone else when they (AT&T) offer it cheaper? Its called bait and hook. Plus AT&T exclusiveness ends in June. That is 5 months away so there is plenty of time to see what happens. They might not have talked about it today because they didnt want to take away from the Ipad. Basically, all this crap is people guessing untill VZW or Apple tell us other wise. I could care less, I like my BB better anyways and have an itouch. I don't need an iphone.
    01-27-10 03:08 PM
    You are right, but your reasoning is a little off. It makes sense because it'd be a smart move for Apple to wait to unleash a iPhone LTE on both ATT and Verizon when LTE starts rolling out. Since both have been said to want to begin rolling out LTE this year it would be utterly pointless to release a CDMA iPhone ever, or for that matter, a fourth gen iPhone 3GS+ for ATT. IF Apple plays its cards right it will grab a huge share of the LTE market when it comes to light.

Unfortunately for ATT guys, it does seem that LTE will be released in some areas for Verizon ahead of LTE for ATT, but I doubt iPhone LTE comes out unless it can be ran on both networks so maybe it will be GSM 3G backwards compatible to utilize all networks possible.
    Exactly which why I don't think we'll see that LTE iPhone until 2011 or more likely 2012. The iPad looks like the focus this year, and we'll get a OS 4.0 preview in the upcoming months. That's when you'll probably see the Verizon/T-Mobile iPhone announcement... if there even is one.
    01-27-10 05:21 PM
    So no new iphone hardware announcement? I find that odd.
    01-27-10 05:28 PM
    It's way too early.
    01-27-10 05:46 PM
    I dont think it is an exclusivity question... ATT is the only carrier that support the iphone network technology
    01-27-10 05:49 PM
    I dont think they announced the 3GS until around May last year. Yes its way too early
    01-27-10 06:16 PM

Well of course which would be next summer. Ive been saying exactly what youre saying for weeks now about not being a CDMA-only iphone and the VZW fanboys just go on and on about maps and network and other propaganda.

The phone will have to be backward compatible with the current 3G networks anyways since voice will still be GSM/CDMA respectively. Only data is planned to be LTE off the bat.

I think the point is its only 4 months until the next iphone launch. If they were doing a VZW iphone there wouldve been a VZW iPad. Since the Ipad launches with 3G in 90 days, 3 months, itd only be a month before the new iphone. Its makes no logical sense to have one product and not the other if theyre released 30 days apart.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 07:22 PM.
    01-27-10 07:19 PM
    It's not exclusive to AT&T. You can get micro sim cards for it to work on other gsm networks like T-mobile. The only thing AT&T is doing, is giving a price break on the service. So if you buy an Ipad you can get AT&T service for cheap or pay Tmobile or another gsm carrier, that has micro sim cards, and pay a higher price. AT&T is giving a low price to intice you to use thier service. Why pay more with T-mobile or someone else when they (AT&T) offer it cheaper? Its called bait and hook. Plus AT&T exclusiveness ends in June. That is 5 months away so there is plenty of time to see what happens. They might not have talked about it today because they didnt want to take away from the Ipad. Basically, all this crap is people guessing untill VZW or Apple tell us other wise. I could care less, I like my BB better anyways and have an itouch. I don't need an iphone.
    Its irrelevant because it doesnt have Tmo 3G bands like the iphone so EDGE would be nearly useless unless you REALLY had to. $30 for data on a tablet isnt that expensive or just get the WIFI-only version.

Its also no-contract (prepay) so there isnt any price differences in buying the iPad with ATT service or not. Its 1 price for anyone who buys one at that capacity/with or without 3G. Theres no subsidy in other words by the carrier.

And if there was a VZW iPad they wouldnt have announced any carrier at all if it was some secret to come, or have talked about SIM cards. Last time I checked VZW doesnt use SIM cards in the US.
    01-27-10 07:26 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD