I just Downloaded 4.1, and now my iPhone wont even turn on, it wasn't jailbroken, i loaded fine and then just shut off. I even plugged a power cord to it and it wont turn on. Thoughts?
    09-14-10 10:54 AM
    while holding both the sleep/wake and the home buttons down, plug it in and keep holding the button down for exactly 10 seconds. that should get it out of dfu mode. if that doesn't work, while holding just the home button down, plug it in and see if it goes into recovery mode.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 09-14-10 at 11:09 AM.
    09-14-10 11:06 AM
    dfu mode means it's waiting for firmware upload and it looks black. if your computer is detecting the iphone when it's plugged it, that means it's already in dfu mode, and the above doesn't get it out, try restoring the device.
    09-14-10 11:08 AM
    dfu mode means it's waiting for firmware upload and it looks black. if your computer is detecting the iphone when it's plugged it, that means it's already in dfu mode, and the above doesn't get it out, try restoring the device.
    Thanks power/home keys together worked, now it's up and running.
    09-14-10 11:17 AM
    Wooo!

Good to hear.

I'd be on my 12th Valium by now if that Happened to my Phone....
    09-14-10 01:34 PM
    When I upgraded mine to 4.1 I was sooooo nervous that it would mess up my phone so I literally sat there chain-smoking and watching the progress bar like a hawk! Glad you got yours fixed, I can only imagine how nervous you must have been!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 02:23 PM
    It's really rare to brick an iPhone. Every now and then during firmware upgrades, it goes into DFU or recovery modes, but it's really easy to get out of them. There's like backup firmware on the ROM that throws it into recovery mode which prevents complete bricking.
    09-14-10 02:38 PM
    When I upgraded mine to 4.1 I was sooooo nervous that it would mess up my phone so I literally sat there chain-smoking and watching the progress bar like a hawk! Glad you got yours fixed, I can only imagine how nervous you must have been!

Yeah I was freaking out. Because I take care of this thing more then some people do with their kids. So I was like what just happened?!?!?

09-14-10 04:31 PM
    Glad you got it, I was concerned for you when I read your first post.
    09-14-10 05:01 PM
    Glad you got it, I was concerned for you when I read your first post.
    Thanks man, I really love crackberry, Everyone besides a few are awesome, But I always look for a few people, You and Roozilla both rock.

09-14-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD