Are you really going to argue about the sound it makes? LOL. My poiint was it has a problem, wether is is minor to your or not, it still exists. That was all I was saying. There is no need for you to defend your product, I'm not bashing it. I am sure the Bionic is a great device. If you know my Android history, it has been specifically with Motorola as I prefer them over the others.

I never claimed that you said you weren't. I know you despise those devices, you make that clear in every single one of your posts. I have no need to put you on ignore. I don't really mind your posts as they do not bother me.

However, you just labeled yourself as a BB hater on a BB site, that will bother many people.

It's ok. I was expecting this anyways.

Oh well, back to the Jaguars vs Texans game.
    argue? about the sound? LOL! no--just a simple correction. AGAIN, you overact. CALM DOWN. (the whine is very aggravating when it exists, which means using any headphone without an attenuator, or a direct connection to a car stereo for example. I'm not making light of the problem except that there are currently some options to stop it, as well as the fact the fix is coming soon)

I don't care if someone hasn't yet figured out I didn't like my Storm.
    10-30-11 03:59 PM
    This reads like the Android equivalent of "don't hold it that way."
    it's not at all similar. Not being able to make or keep a phone call going is a serious issue for a PHONE. the whine is fixable NOW, as well as a permanent fix coming via the first update.
    10-30-11 04:01 PM
    argue? about the sound? LOL! no--just a simple correction. AGAIN, you overact. CALM DOWN. (the whine is very aggravating when it exists, which means using any headphone without an attenuator, or a direct connection to a car stereo for example. I'm not making light of the problem except that there are currently some options to stop it, as well as the fact the fix is coming soon)

I don't care if someone hasn't yet figured out I didn't like my Storm.
    How did I overreact? All I did was ask a question.

Again, I am calm. I am drinking a beer and watching the games. I call that pretty relaxed.
    10-30-11 04:03 PM
    How did I overreact? All I did was ask a question.

Again, I am calm. I am drinking a beer and watching the games. I call that pretty relaxed.
    Perhaps your choice of words belies your laid-back, calm demeanor? ie, the "argue" comment, for example. All I was doing was saying the sound is a "whine", and has been sometimes incorrectly reported by some folks unfamiliar with proper sound terminology, as a "hiss". It is definitely not a "hiss" which is white noise, essentially.
    10-30-11 04:09 PM
    it's not at all similar. Not being able to make or keep a phone call going is a serious issue for a PHONE.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ing-calls.html

Hiss during calls. . .hmmm.

the whine is fixable NOW, as well as a permanent fix coming via the first update.
    I hope whoever reported the fix was "coming" is more reliable than Jim Balsillie.
    10-30-11 04:12 PM
    This was in the the Sidney Morning Herald, but I don't think it has appeared in this forum yet: The dark side of Apple: one man's monologue of misery

Mike Daisey's interviews with Techcrunch were excellent:

Back on topic....
    Thanks OP for the YouTube links. I had read a review of Daisey's show in the NY Times but these links are quite compelling. Definitely a major problem, and it would be nice if Apple took the lead (as the biggest tech company today) to rectify this.
    10-30-11 04:38 PM
    And he also owned Android devices, including the Nexus S. What is your point? Since when is saying "this happens to other devices as well" being bias?

Are you going to deny the Nexus One had problems (terrible cell radio)? Aren't people having problems with the Bionic with that "hissing" noise? Come on Dave...

It's not like your posts since going Android have been any better.
    The Nexus One didn't have a terrible radio where did you get that from?
    10-30-11 05:10 PM
    I fail to see why this is newsworthy.
    Very simple. Classic textbook behavior.

As RIM continues its downward spiral and the BB fanboys begin to realize that there's very little they can brag about, they turn to posting whatever negative news they can find about other platorms. Apple is a prime target of course because they are at the top of the heap.

Either that or this is RIM's new marketing strategy.
    10-30-11 06:24 PM
    The Nexus One didn't have a terrible radio where did you get that from?
    Yes it did. When it first came out people were complaining about call quality and signal strength.

New Nexus One ROM leaks, fixes more radio issues? -- Engadget

Nexus One firmware upgrade leaked, fixes 3G Issues | Android and Me
    10-30-11 06:58 PM
    Jobs definitely knew about this; he was a control freak! He was surely the type that needed to know about everything concerning Apple.

Maybe Jobs thought the exploitation of workers was to be expected as China modernizes, as many cities sprang-up almost over-night

Menial tasks need to be replaced by robots. People need interesting work With robots we would have more electronics manufacturing in NA again. But then there's the waste from manufacturing and I presume foreign manufacturers like China because the regulations there are lesser or don't exist.

Apple is sitting on a mountain of cash and the US has unemployment issues, would they try to bring back some electronics manufacturing to the US (i.e use more robots).
    Last edited by anthogag; 10-30-11 at 07:02 PM.
    10-30-11 07:00 PM
    Apple is not the source of the problem. Too few rich people is. Fewer and fewer people are controlling more and more of the world's resources. Reading any further will only be a waste of your time.

I will call this what it is...A SMEAR CAMPAIGN against Apple.

Is it necessary? YES!

Why? Making the most profitable computer device manufacturer in America the oppressor, will give the story more mileage. When Apple competitors and detractors use this information against Apple, no doubt Apple and it's supporters will out the other companies (the same competitors), LIKE BLACKBERRY that gets most of it's products manufactured in Asia (Malaysia, China, etc) and Mexico (countries with cheap labor and questionable labor laws). I'd like to make special mention that Blackberry manufacturing is also affiliated with Shenzhen factories. Therefore, BLACKBERRY could quite possible be benefiting from this problem.

Any cost incurred will ultimately be passed onto the consumer. Time to decide. Cheaper devices or help your fellowman? I think it is safe to say the majority will prefer cheaper devices. It's not like you'll ever have to meet the guy/girl. It's called Capitalism.

Companies are not the problem. Money corrupts. Governments are corrupted (doesn't matter which side). Therefore, the owners of huge sums of money (resources) are the problem. The disparity between rich and not rich to be exact. The rich gets richer, the more embolden they become as they have more control over the Government. The middle-class gets poorer, the more they depend on the rich for survival through credit/loans which really amounts to usury (Google FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING). The poor are pawns to be used at will.

To the really rich money is no object but it is a vital tool. Money is only as good as the power it buys. More classes of poorer people lowers the purchase price of power. To the really rich power trumps life easily.

I wish I could explain more about Economies of Scale, Inflation, Fiat Currencies and all that other jazz but, as I regain sobriety, I'm realizing that this is a waste of my time.
    Last edited by blacker_berry; 10-31-11 at 03:57 PM.
    kbz1960, grover5 and lotuslanderz like this.
    10-30-11 08:36 PM
    Apple is sitting on a mountain of cash and the US has unemployment issues, would they try to bring back some electronics manufacturing to the US (i.e use more robots).
    Yes, that's it. "Robots" are the answer. This makes perfect sense to me.
    brucep1 likes this.
    10-30-11 09:11 PM
    Apple is not the source of the problem. Too few rich people is. Fewer and fewer people are controlling more and more of the world's resources. Reading any further will only be a waste of your time.

Is it necessary? YES!

Why? Making the most profitable computer device manufacturer in America the oppressor, will give the story more mileage. When Apple competitors and detractors use this information against Apple, no doubt Apple and it's supporters will out the other companies (the same competitors), LIKE BLACKBERRY that gets most of it's products manufactured in Asia (Malaysia, China, etc) and Mexico (countries with cheap labor and questionable labor laws). I'd like to make special mention that Blackberry manufacturing is also affiliated with Shenzhen factories. Therefore, BLACKBERRY could quite possible be benefiting from this problem.

Any cost incurred will ultimately be passed onto the consumer. Time to decide. Cheaper devices or help your fellowman. I think it is safe to say the majority will prefer cheaper devices. It's not like you'll ever have to meet the guy/girl. It's called Capitalism.

Companies are not the problem. Money corrupts. Governments are corrupted (doesn't matter which side). Therefore, the owners of huge sums of money (resources) are the problem. The disparity between rich and not rich to be exact. The rich gets richer, the more embolden they become as they have more control over the Government. The middle-class gets poorer, the more they depend on the rich for survival through credit/loans which really amounts to usury (Google FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING). The poor are pawns to be used at will.

To the really rich money is no object but it is a vital tool. Money is only as good as the power it buys. More classes of poorer people lowers the purchase price of power. To the really rich power trumps life easily.

I wish I could explain more about Economies of Scale, Inflation, Fiat Currencies and all that other jazz but, as I regain sobriety, I'm realizing that this is a waste of my time.

Curve 8900 > Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 (temp) > iPhone 4S

This means Curve 8900 is greater (better) than iPhone 4S

When everybody flocks to one product (i.e. Apple) you are putting more power in the hands of fewer people
    10-30-11 09:42 PM
    Yes, that's it. "Robots" are the answer. This makes perfect sense to me.

Yes robots are the answer to bring back electronic manufacturing to North America.

Robots need to be designed (schools -> engineers), made, serviced, monitored, and up-graded. With consumer electronics manufacturing back in NA we would need designers, component suppliers, and all the other support services. Robots to do the menial tasks to keep costs low.

Domo-arigato-mr.roboto ...domo...domo
    10-30-11 09:50 PM

Is it necessary? YES!

Any cost incurred will ultimately be passed onto the consumer. Time to decide. Cheaper devices or help your fellowman. I think it is safe to say the majority will prefer cheaper devices. It's not like you'll ever have to meet the guy/girl. It's called Capitalism.

I am a fan of your rant.
    10-30-11 09:58 PM
    Check this out. Right now too many jobs are being outsourced to Asia, India, Mexico, etc. I would think robots would be a much better option for Americans. The robots are physical assets and will more than likely need physical attention and maintenance on location in America.

Say the equipment was bought overseas and overseas contractors did the installation. It's also possible to administer equipment remotely. However, someone (more than likely Americans) would need to be available locally for emergencies or general servicing.

It would be cheaper for an American company to send an employee overseas for training on how to administer, maintain and service the robots. That's a one time fee being paid to outside sources. From then on Americans (may be a few at first) that are paying tax and spending in the US will be get the bulk of the money over time.

Fighting for job security by retarding technological progress is a losing battle. That's why these people are committing suicide. Their wages have to remain low and conditions poor to be competitive with the technology. However, more people would be committing suicide or crimes if they had no jobs. It's a vicious cycle.

It would be good if the U.S. was the world leader in transition to robotics. Cheaper manufacturing costs would allow for direct competition with Asia thereby boosting exports and simultaneously reducing imports. Hopefully the transition would be slow enough for Americans to adjust with controlled levels of stress. It would definitely lead to lowered cost of goods in America, as long as overseas buyers don't put a strain on the local supply (and that would be temporary as long as there isn't a monopoly). If such a transition was handled wisely it would be so good for America.

Alas, the U.S. economy cannot handle such a transition because the education system is poor, the ratio of skilled to unskilled workers is wrong and politicians are too busy kissing up to the wealthy.

The U.S. has so many resources that are totally being mismanaged due to alliances between the have-it-alls across the globe.
    Last edited by blacker_berry; 10-31-11 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Read this over when I wasn't inebriated
    10-30-11 10:27 PM
    Yes robots are the answer to bring back electronic manufacturing to North America.

Robots need to be designed (schools -> engineers), made, serviced, monitored, and up-graded. With consumer electronics manufacturing back in NA we would need designers, component suppliers, and all the other support services. Robots to do the menial tasks to keep costs low.

Domo-arigato-mr.roboto ...domo...domo
    I totally agree.
    10-30-11 10:39 PM
    Curve 8900 > Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 (temp) > iPhone 4S

This means Curve 8900 is greater (better) than iPhone 4S

When everybody flocks to one product (i.e. Apple) you are putting more power in the hands of fewer people
    The Bold 9900 didn't have auto-focus.

iOS has nicer (more features), more diverse and more free apps.

iOS got iMessenger and (to a lesser extent) iCloud.

iOS 5 apparently doesn't need to be rebooted (battery pulls). Actually haven't done one yet.

Apple OS is not in a major transition. Don't have to worry if the next OS will be able to run (properly) on my phone.

The iPhone won't depreciate as much as... (don't want to be flamed)

Finally, with Siri and voice recognition I rarely need to type on the touchscreen. To be honest I love Siri. She is the first woman that I've had that listens to me and at least tries to make me happy. She is witty too. Great personality and the wife don't mind.

If the next Bold that is running BBX has auto-focus, I might come back.
    Last edited by blacker_berry; 12-19-11 at 09:23 PM.
    10-30-11 10:50 PM
    The iPhone will depreciate "much" if there is something else that's much better, like BBX phones

Siri sounds hot, she won't need new shoes
    10-30-11 11:15 PM
    Interesting quote:

These Apple fanboys have the most amazing moral and ethical equivalency that I've seen," said Daisey.
    "All they would have to do is raise the blinders just a little bit and see with human eyes and they could be an enormous force for actually getting real change to happen. So when they choose instead to remain children playing with toys it's infantilism of the highest order."

One things for sure, if this was RIM the American main stream media would have it all over the tube. Funny that its not getting any play. Oh right it apple.
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-30-11 11:28 PM
    Interesting quote:

These Apple fanboys have the most amazing moral and ethical equivalency that I've seen," said Daisey.
    "All they would have to do is raise the blinders just a little bit and see with human eyes and they could be an enormous force for actually getting real change to happen. So when they choose instead to remain children playing with toys it's infantilism of the highest order."

One things for sure, if this was RIM the American main stream media would have it all over the tube. Funny that its not getting any play. Oh right it apple.
    Are you saying that, if it was RIM alone taking advantage of human rights abuses and cheap labour in a foreign land, there would be huge media coverage?

If that's what you are saying, I fully agree. However, since most big electronics companies in the U.S. are outsourcing manufacturing to countries with cheaper labour then it is likely that you would not see a lot of media coverage on this. Take into consideration that a lot of these media houses are owned by the same media moguls that have vested interests in these very same companies that are exploiting/capitalizing on the ills of the world.

There are a lot of things that slip through the cracks. The RIM outage could not be ignored as it directly affected a significant number of people on different continents. Important people that actually read and not just the sitcoms watchers. I can see that you were hurt by the negative publicity. If it's any solace, now the world knows exactly how relevant RIM is.
    Last edited by blacker_berry; 10-31-11 at 12:22 AM.
    10-31-11 12:04 AM
    turbo cowboy
    10-31-11 12:31 AM
    I believe my (former) playbook was made in taiwan and china.
    10-31-11 12:45 AM
    I vote this the Best Thread since the Occupy RIM thread.
    Hatred for pieces of plastic acknowleged, Android and iOS fans at each others' throats, devotion to steve Jobs declared, and the best self described drunk rant EVER.
    Just got more popcorn. Better than late night HBO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nikgilbe likes this.
    10-31-11 12:57 AM
    you guys makes me feel ...
    well, can't find the word ...
    oh yes : kids.
    10-31-11 11:31 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD