This was in the the Sidney Morning Herald, but I don't think it has appeared in this forum yet: The dark side of Apple: one man's monologue of misery

Mike Daisey's interviews with Techcrunch were excellent:

lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-30-11 09:14 AM
    Let's not forget apple's products are nothing but hype example iphone4s which has alot of problems.
    10-30-11 09:32 AM
    What are these?
    10-30-11 09:42 AM
    Let's not forget apple's products are nothing but hype example iphone4s which has alot of problems.
    They don't have any more or less problems than anything other phone. What they offer is simplicity, which to me translates into a boring product that can't be customized.

But to each their own. They do have some interesting software, which is good for an "amaze your friends" demo, but that's where it ends.
    10-30-11 10:09 AM
    Don't worry The Manufacturer of Apples products has a Plan to bring in 1 Million robots to remove the need for so many workers,

Not even the lowly paid workers can compete against robots...
    10-30-11 10:49 AM
    Did you specifically create an account to just make apple hate posts?
    howarmat and buwee like this.
    10-30-11 11:10 AM
    As much as I deplore the reports (and it's nothing new, we've been hearing about this for quite a while), and as much as I'm not an Apple fan, I must point out that this isn't solely an Apple issue in which the article seems to place a substantial amount of focus.

Here's a list of companies who also use the same manufacturer for their products...

• Acer Inc. (Taiwan)
    • Amazon.com (United States)
    • Apple Inc. (United States)
    • ASRock (Taiwan)
    • Intel (United States)
    • Cisco (United States)
    • Hewlett-Packard (United States)
    • Dell (United States)
    • Nintendo (Japan)
    • Nokia (Finland)[17]
    • Microsoft (United States)
    • MSI (Taiwan)
    • Motorola (United States)
    • Sony Ericsson (Japan/Sweden)
    • Vizio (United States)
    10-30-11 11:19 AM
    Guess he forgot about every nexus device being released having tons of problems as well. That happens across every platform. And the 4S doesn't have lots of mass problems. I don't know where you're getting this from.
    10-30-11 11:25 AM
    Guess he forgot about every nexus device being released having tons of problems as well. That happens across every platform. And the 4S doesn't have lots of mass problems. I don't know where you're getting this from.
    Brandon--you have a Jesus phone--ergo you are going to be biased, and it shows.
    10-30-11 12:21 PM
    All I'm doing is showing it happens to all new released devices they aren't perfect not one. That isn't a Jesus phone mentality I didn't say oh the iPhone is the best, and I never claim it to be better then anyone else's preferred smartphone choice. You are intitled to your own opinion of course but you have nothing backing up the statement you just made besides being mad I'm defending my preferred platform just like you often do yourself.
    10-30-11 12:28 PM
    Brandon--you have a Jesus phone--ergo you are going to be biased, and it shows.
    And he also owned Android devices, including the Nexus S. What is your point? Since when is saying "this happens to other devices as well" being bias?

Are you going to deny the Nexus One had problems (terrible cell radio)? Aren't people having problems with the Bionic with that "hissing" noise? Come on Dave...

It's not like your posts since going Android have been any better.
    reeneebob and buwee like this.
    10-30-11 12:33 PM
    And he also owned Android devices, including the Nexus S. What is your point? Since when is saying "this happens to other devices as well" being bias?

Are you going to deny the Nexus One had problems (terrible cell radio)? Aren't people having problems with the Bionic with that "hissing" noise? Come on Dave...

calm down, cowboy. Do you not know what a smiley means??
    10-30-11 12:34 PM

First of all, it's not a "hiss"; it's a "whine". Secondly, the leaked OS update has apparently fixed the issue, so no big deal. Currently, all one has to do is either: 1) use BT instead of a cable, 2) use an attenuator ($10 at Radio Shack) or like I do, set the switch on my QC15's to "LO". problem solved. The update is supposed to go out to users in November.

Of course I'm biased. Dude--did I ever say I wasn't?? I don't like iOS and I despise BB phones. that should be clear and for which I make no apology. If you don't like my opinions on the subject, simply put me on "ignore".

I'm NOT going to include a smiley with THIS post, unlike the one I put on my post to Brandon...
    10-30-11 12:39 PM
    calm down, cowboy. Do you not know what a smiley means??
    I am calm.

However, I am annoyed right now that only one football game is being shown on TV.
    10-30-11 12:40 PM
    I am calm.

However, I am annoyed right now that only one football game is being shown on TV.
    I used to watch two TV's at once during football season. I watched so much football for so many years, that I got burnt out. and I didn't watch a moment of the recent World Series, either. Last year, however, I watched all of the WS, because SF was in it.
    10-30-11 12:41 PM
    Lol so we argue then compromise with football if everyone on cb could do this it would be a happier place. And don't forget Dave I have owned every flagship android on Verizon every iPhone and and every blackberry since the curve 8330 yes everyone. Not attacking you because you didn't attack me but I think people forget I have a lot of phones and I post with all of them using tapatalk if people would check my sigs. I recently just stopped using the Motorola photon 4G when the iPhone came out. (yes I'm on sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and t mobile) in my house right now I have the bionic photon 9900 (t mobile) and my daily driver iPhone 4S 64 gig white. I won't be getting any more phones for some time to come though since my fanboy apple side has come out after Steve Jobs death and I will be sticking to the iPhone out of respect. Yea you can judge me whatever.
    10-30-11 12:47 PM
    Oh yea the curve 9360 too just checked to see what I had from sprint cause I knew I had another bb around here lol.
    10-30-11 12:50 PM
    First of all, it's not a "hiss"; it's a "whine". Secondly, the leaked OS update has apparently fixed the issue, so no big deal. Currently, all one has to do is either: 1) use BT instead of a cable, 2) use an attenuator ($10 at Radio Shack) or like I do, set the switch on my QC15's to "LO". problem solved. The update is supposed to go out to users in November.

Are you really going to argue about the sound it makes? LOL. My poiint was it has a problem, wether is is minor to your or not, it still exists. That was all I was saying. There is no need for you to defend your product, I'm not bashing it. I am sure the Bionic is a great device. If you know my Android history, it has been specifically with Motorola as I prefer them over the others.

Of course I'm biased. Dude--did I ever say I wasn't?? I don't like iOS and I despise BB phones. that should be clear and for which I make no apology. If you don't like my opinions on the subject, simply put me on "ignore".
    I never claimed that you said you weren't. I know you despise those devices, you make that clear in every single one of your posts. I have no need to put you on ignore. I don't really mind your posts as they do not bother me.

However, you just labeled yourself as a BB hater on a BB site, that will bother many people.

I'm NOT going to include a smiley with THIS post, unlike the one I put on my post to Brandon...
    It's ok. I was expecting this anyways.

Oh well, back to the Jaguars vs Texans game.
    10-30-11 12:51 PM
    I am calm.

yeah whats with that..i think its off week for several teams.
    10-30-11 12:54 PM
    yeah whats with that..i think its off week for several teams.
    There are 6 games on right now...I really don't understand.
    10-30-11 12:57 PM

You despise BB phones and yet you hang around a BB forum and for what purpose other than to spread hate??
    Last edited by buwee; 10-30-11 at 01:34 PM.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    10-30-11 01:02 PM
    Did you specifically create an account to just make apple hate posts?
    Yes.

10char
    10-30-11 03:05 PM
    Yeah, but they get cheap iPhone rejects at employee prices .
    10-30-11 03:11 PM
    I fail to see why this is newsworthy.
    avt123 likes this.
    10-30-11 03:15 PM
    First of all, it's not a "hiss"; it's a "whine".
    This reads like the Android equivalent of "don't hold it that way."
    Jake Storm, avt123 and sam_b77 like this.
    10-30-11 03:42 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD