Just received notice that the HUGE, secure conscious company that I work for will be allowing iphone/ipad connectivity in a few weeks!! This is a massive accomplishment since we have always been told no, no, and no again and again! Apparently lots of pressure started coming in from executives and many of the 40K plus employees.

**Doing my HAPPY DANCE**
    Last edited by pri79269; 06-16-11 at 11:04 AM.
    06-16-11 10:10 AM
    06-16-11 10:17 AM
    what comp?
    Will PM you
    howarmat likes this.
    06-16-11 10:44 AM
    My company started letting us connect iPhones on AT&T about 2 years ago because one of our top executives wanted one. Soon after they allowed Android on AT&T. They now let you connect iPhones, Android devices and Windows devices from any carrier. We buy our own devices and they let us connect up for our email, calendar and contacts. It is very nice!
    06-17-11 07:36 AM
    My company started letting us connect iPhones on AT&T about 2 years ago because one of our top executives wanted one. Soon after they allowed Android on AT&T. They now let you connect iPhones, Android devices and Windows devices from any carrier. We buy our own devices and they let us connect up for our email, calendar and contacts. It is very nice!
    I really didn't think they would ever allow it. We have several execs that have been carrying two phones for a while. I do love my torch, but having two phones sucks. If I had to pick one it's definitely the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-17-11 02:15 PM
    40k employees? I am interested in what company this is as well. The iPhone is definitely making more corporate penetration year after year. Slowly, but it's happening.
    06-17-11 06:50 PM
    40k employees? I am interested in what company this is as well. The iPhone is definitely making more corporate penetration year after year. Slowly, but it's happening.
    Somewhere between 30K - 40K globally between offices and project sites. I'll PM you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit: website says 42k
    Last edited by pri79269; 06-17-11 at 09:25 PM.
    06-17-11 09:20 PM
    I too work for a global company (Fortune 500). Both iphones and androids have become more common than BB's now. I was speaking to IT and they indicated one of their regional BES servers has gone from 2200 users to 700 in less than 12 months. I will be one of those when my contract expires in December. The iphone does a lot more what I need than a BB can offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 10:26 PM
    I too work for a global company (Fortune 500). Both iphones and androids have become more common than BB's now. I was speaking to IT and they indicated one of their regional BES servers has gone from 2200 users to 700 in less than 12 months. I will be one of those when my contract expires in December. The iphone does a lot more what I need than a BB can offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well after this announcement came out I called ATT Premier and we don't pay a termination fee on our corporate contracts. :-)
    I'll be canceling and turning in my torch as soon as my iPhone is set up. I'd be interested to find out how much our BES drops once iPhone/iPad connectivity is launched. Blackberry was great in that I'd often be at my desk and hear my BB alert me to a new email before it even showed up on my computer. For that reason, I don't see the CEO making the switch, but I know numerous lower level execs and dozens of regular employees who will.
    06-18-11 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD