iPhone races past PSP in mobile gaming revenue | Business news | TechEye - All the technology news unfit for print

Thsi will give all you guys raving iToy some more to feed on, but im sure sony isn't smiling about it.
    03-23-10 03:08 PM
    PSP wasn't exactly a force to be reckoned with, but still impressive. If it ever passes the DS, that would definitely be something to boast about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 03:13 PM
    I don't think that will ever happen. the DS is a beast in the mobile gaming market. And you don't need a contract with att to keep playing your games.
    03-23-10 03:18 PM
    You don't need a contract with AT&T to play your games on the iPhone either. it's called jailbreak, unlock, cydia.

03-23-10 04:03 PM
    You don't need a contract with AT&T to play your games on the iPhone either. it's called jailbreak, unlock, cydia.

well you don't need a contract at all, and you don't have to jailbreak a phone either to play games on the iPhone. (monopoly, tiger woods golf, pretty much all the big company games).

My angle was people who have a DS don't need to get a contract with At&t when they purchase their device, like an iPhone user does. Your average person isn't running around on Ebay, craigslist, or etc... trying to purchase an unlocked iPhone to play games. They can grab a cheap DS for that which it seems like most who want to do mobile gaming are doing.
    03-23-10 04:19 PM
    PSP wasn't exactly a force to be reckoned with, but still impressive. If it ever passes the DS, that would definitely be something to boast about.

Yeah, the Wall Street Journal had an article in today's paper on how nintendo will come out with a 3D DS to prevent the iphone from gaining more of a foothold.
    03-24-10 07:53 AM

If thats how you want to look at it, fine - but how far iPhone gaming has come is impressive in its own way. You don't see BB devs figuring out how to create solid games on a BB..
    03-24-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD