02-11-10 02:49 PM
72 123
tools
    well i would buy one....
    01-30-10 07:50 PM
    My two pennies... They can make an iphone that runs cdma and gsm quad band... Just like the storm and the tour... My guess is it wouldn't be to hard to add lte in that mix so that I can literally go use cdma for now toll lte rolls out for all the USA and by the way I can travel to any country. Common sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And yet those BBs and such STILL have the US 3G bands taken out. My point made- if the carriers wanted to play koombaya with dual mode phones there wouldve been some already, not the same BB for GSM and CDMA.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-30-10 at 08:34 PM.
    01-30-10 08:32 PM
    Alright folks, In speaking to my credible source at Big Red, word is that when the Iphone rights are up this Summer that the Iphone is definitely coming to Verizon...so take it how you will, guess time will tell.....
    02-02-10 10:22 PM
    I don't want to get into the iphone vs BB fight or the Mac vs PC fight. I hate Mac and every product they have ever come out with. If it weren't for Microsoft turning down the ipod Mac would have been long gone and forgotten and Linux would rule the world.

OK that being said! The iphone is probably the best all around multimedia device on the market as of today and to expand their market to Verizon would just be good business sense. I am sure AT&T is getting the new iphone in June and I am sure that if they (mac) could expand their market to more companies at that time they will.

Disclaimer: My mac hate comes from an ex girlfriend who was a Mac Ogre and a first class beeeyoch.
    02-03-10 11:50 AM
    I don't want to get into the iphone vs BB fight or the Mac vs PC fight. I hate Mac and every product they have ever come out with. If it weren't for Microsoft turning down the ipod Mac would have been long gone and forgotten and Linux would rule the world.

OK that being said! The iphone is probably the best all around multimedia device on the market as of today and to expand their market to Verizon would just be good business sense. I am sure AT&T is getting the new iphone in June and I am sure that if they (mac) could expand their market to more companies at that time they will.

Disclaimer: My mac hate comes from an ex girlfriend who was a Mac Ogre and a first class beeeyoch.
    Don't ever let a woman come into play when it comes to Apple, they have a tons of good products. Idk about that itampon tho.
    02-03-10 11:57 AM
    Well my credible source tells me Apple is dropping AT&T for Metro PCS.. so take that for what it's worth.
    02-03-10 01:53 PM
    ^^ lol! Imagine that
    02-03-10 04:48 PM
    Don't ever let a woman come into play when it comes to Apple, they have a tons of good products. Idk about that itampon tho.
    Lets be perfectly clear I hated them before her, and she just finalized it LOL
    02-03-10 07:43 PM
    I loved my Iphone when I had it. I went up and got the new Iphone 3G when it came out. I left Verizon and ported my number over. I was so excited to get home and play with it. Only one problem! As soon as I got back home the phone said NO SERVICE! I spent 3 days with spotty service and talking to customer service that kept telling me I had good coverage where I live. Needless to say I went back to my Blackberry. I do want an Iphone and my only problem is that I want it to work. So I do hope that Verizon gets the Iphone someday.

02-07-10 05:37 PM
    I googled Verizon and the iPhone this morning and the result that showed up said that AT&T isn't losing the exclusivity until later than expected. It could be some time in mid-2011 before the iPhone will make it to VZW. This kinda sux!
    02-10-10 01:59 PM
    Yeh Ive seen that mentioned a few times now. People bought into the "guesses" way too much about this year without a stitch of evidence, because they personally wanted it to happen, not because it was going to in reality.

No one truly knows the 100% exact date the exclusivity will end. It could be summer 2011 all along for all anyone knows.
    02-10-10 02:07 PM
    According to the iPhone Blog, they say there is a 75% chance the iPhone will remain exclusive to At&t for the 4th generation
    02-10-10 02:10 PM
    As a VZW call-center rep, I do have to admit that the general attitude around here is "we don't need no stinkin' iPhone". This attitude is more than welcomed by those above us.

Meanwhile, iPhone users keep buying our Mifis, which gives us quite a bit of license to snicker when those callers hang up at the end of their assorted business.

I guess the corporate feeling on the matter is, it'd be nice to have (assuming we could actually get along with Apple), but we don't *need* it to prove ourselves. There's plenty of other PDAs in the world, many of which are far more capable if more complicated, and we don't need to have one specific gadget to thrive as a business. Honestly, IMO, any iPhone on Verizon rumors should have ended with the first Droid commercials.
    02-10-10 03:16 PM
    ughhh why would apple wanna stay on just one network. they could make a killing by joining verizon.
    02-10-10 03:20 PM
    No, VZW doesnt NEED the iphone to succeed they do just fine without it too. But this shouldnt be a shocker except the people that bought into the baseless hype.

But I also agree there is no one "king" of smartphones, thats why many exist- different phones for different people.

And why would they want to stay on one network? Because ATT probably paid them a BOATLOAD for the deal and give them revenue from each user too. And they likely let Apple have a ton of freedom to do what they want with the phone, which VZW might just not want to let them have. Thus no deal yet. Basically ATT might have merely outbid them, like rumored about the iPad.

Or it could be they just dont see the need to make a EVDO only device when BOTH ATT and VZW are going LTE rollouts within a year on the same 700mhz bands. Makes converging the hardware a bit easier.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-10-10 at 06:55 PM.
    02-10-10 06:52 PM
    I used to be a VZ costumer and i switched over the AT&T for the 9700 and 3Gs. That being said, i always had this perception that VZ was trying to defide apple and the iphone. As someone said before, there was this "we don't need that stinkin' iphone" modo.

As soon as the droid commercial rolled out, i felt iphone on VZ was a no way and it is no secret how google and apple are becoming fierce rivals. As the nexus one will be on VZ pretty soon, i am guessing iphone will be sticking with ATT, the ipad solidifies this point even more.

I honestly think Steve Jobs wants tight control of his company's devices and does not want anything to do with google; i think banning the word "android" from the apple store and interfaces shows that.

That being said, even if LTE becomes the standard, iphone may not opperate on VZ's (locked) if apple/Jobs thinks this could benefit the competition and its allies.
    02-11-10 08:54 AM

I live in NYC and so far very happy with AT&T service, I think AT&T and Apple will do just fine without Verizon. I find the safari browser even quicker then Opera and way quicker then BB browser

02-11-10 11:57 AM
    as i recall verizon rejected the apple iphone in the beginning. correct me if im wrong.
    02-11-10 12:55 PM
    I play around time to time with my friends iPhones and its an alright product but it feels way too much like a toy. So what if they have a million apps probably more the 3/4 of them are useless. BlackBerries are way more organized and professional. But it's a no brain decision the Apple should open up to other "way superior" carriers. It will really boost sales and client base.
    Last edited by BonezH2X; 02-11-10 at 01:20 PM.
    02-11-10 01:10 PM
    Steve Jobs will never be able to spend the amount of money he has already made. Perhaps he would rather stick it to Verizon for shooting him down than shake hands with them. It could be as simple as a pride issue on the grandest scale.
    02-11-10 01:34 PM
    hahaha very true
    02-11-10 01:35 PM
    Steve Jobs will never be able to spend the amount of money he has already made. Perhaps he would rather stick it to Verizon for shooting him down than shake hands with them. It could be as simple as a pride issue on the grandest scale.
    I'm willing to believe it's a pride issue on both sides of the fence. (VZW *and* Apple.)

And honestly, if the iPhone was the end of all PDAs, AT&T wouldn't be making big fancy windows mobile and blackberry commercials.
    02-11-10 02:49 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD