02-11-10 02:49 PM
72 123
tools
    No new iPhone announcements, means no iPhones for Verizon.
    01-27-10 03:04 PM
    No it doesn't mean that. It could happen next month. It could happen in 6 month. Like i said in another post.........its pointless to banter about this crap. Untill VZW or Apple say something about it, then its all speculation anyways.
    01-27-10 03:11 PM
    Not necessarily, most all iPhone products news will come out in Feb/Mar. First Apple will not take away from the new MaxiPad coming out with new iPhone news. Second Apple knows not to kill upcoming potential sales of the 3G[S] with an announcement of Verizon.

Do I think they will include Verizon this summer.. not really about a 30 for Verizon 70 against shot but still a shot nonetheless.

I should take over Gene Munsters job.. how did he get that anyway?
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-27-10 at 03:20 PM.
    01-27-10 03:17 PM
    I said it in another thread but look at it logically.

the iPad is being built for a SIM card, VZW doesnt use SIMs. If it was going to CDMA too and they wanted to keep it a secret they couldve skipper over the carrier info and not announced ATT or SIMs easily today and just said "carriers upcoming" like they did for the iphone previous years.

Look at the release timeframe. The iPad with 3G will be released in 90 days, around May, only 1 month before the iphone launch. Why in gods green earth would they have a VZW iphone and not an iPad when the releases are a month apart? Itd need the same GSM/CDMA chipset on both units.

Makes very little sense that VZW would get an iphone this year looking at the evidence logically.
    01-27-10 07:29 PM
    Apple will eventually go with Verizon but not until LTE is in full swing.
    01-27-10 09:36 PM
    [QUOTE=Entertainment72;4572758]Apple will eventually go with Verizon but not until LTE is in full swing.[/QUOTE

i would say its a year or two away. sux i have to wait that long. no way i will jump ship to that shxtty xss service and get an iphone now.
    01-27-10 09:42 PM
    The yearly Iphone keynote is in March. That's when it should be announced, if ever. The new At&t 4th generation Iphone will also be unveiled.
    01-27-10 10:39 PM
    Apple will eventually go with Verizon but not until LTE is in full swing.
    When LTE is in full swing, Verizon will still be on CDMA for several years after LTE is in full swing. So it has to be a CDMA/LTE Iphone.
    01-27-10 10:41 PM
    And why would they ONLY release a GSM iPad if there was going to be a CDMA/GSM combo iphone. Same chipset could power both.

Itd make no sense to not have a VZW iPad and to have a VZW iphone. Theres no ATT exclusive on the iPad, its not being sold subsidized by ATT as far as the presentation today told. If VZW was an Apple partner theyd have both products not jsut one or the other thatd make no business sense for Apple to neglect those CDMA customers if they were getting an iphone anyways and took a simple chip change.

The odds of a VZW iphone are slimmer than they were before with this new evidence. In fact there was NEVER anything that clearly 100% said there would be a CDMA iphone, only if you bought into the "analyst" hype, which is far from always spot on info.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 10:47 PM.
    01-27-10 10:42 PM
    Apple seems to have some fetish for AT&T service that I cannot figure out. Nevertheless, the Verizon CDMA network is not going away for a long long time, so Apple has to embrace the technology someday. But I have a feeling its not going to be for a long time.
    01-27-10 10:45 PM
    There's no "fetish," GSM is a world standard unlike CDMA which is the minority. Apple can build one version of the phone and it works in hundreds of countries. Not so for CDMA, its being phased out in previously big CDMA countries like Canada, Brazil, and many overseas countries for GSM/HSPA. And a LOT of the smaller European countries that have CDMA carriers use 400-450mhz which isnt used here, requiring yet another phone version. GSM is one standard (mostly except Tmos weird 3G band) using a quadband 800/850/1800/1900 chip that covers all GSM (except Tmo 3G again), thats the appeal of it.

As MANY of us have said it probably wont come until LTE is widespread to the consumer.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 10:57 PM.
    01-27-10 10:51 PM
    iPad = no 4G
    iPhone = 3G, no CDMA

I was sure...
    01-27-10 10:56 PM
    Apple seems to have some fetish for AT&T service that I cannot figure out. Nevertheless, the Verizon CDMA network is not going away for a long long time, so Apple has to embrace the technology someday. But I have a feeling its not going to be for a long time.
    I don't agree with you point on apple having to embrace "a" technology. The brand is so well followed that people will stick with AT&T in this instance if they have to. Now, CDMA carriers are now adopting HSPA which suggests the opposite of your comment.
    I like AT&T and VZ is awesome, i was hoping for the announcement so that AT&T would get better as there won't be so much data saturation but now we will have an ipad on top of the iphones. It is what it is.
    01-28-10 09:59 AM
    iPhone on Verizon will be announced next Tuesday....on the 12th of..
    01-28-10 11:51 AM
    All of us happy people thinking that Verizon will get the Iphone will be watching Verizon as they change their DATA plans to a pay as you go system and You can use as much data as you can pay for. Verizon won't get caught in the same rut that AT&T did. If you want to tie up the data network then you are going to give Verizon a lot of money and they can update the network. I just hope they anticipate the number of Iphones they will sell if the product comes home to Verizon.

George
    01-28-10 02:11 PM
    Apples a sell out if they stay with only AT&T. Why not just build and sell their products on all carriers like RIM does with the BlackBerry. I think RIM needs some more motivation on building their phones. Apple and RIM should team up and build an iBerry. Now that would be the ultimate phone.(I know, never happening)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 07:30 PM
    LOL of course VZW fanboys now call Apple a sellout, get over your jealous selfs
    01-28-10 07:35 PM
    LOL of course VZW fanboys now call Apple a sellout, get over your jealous selfs
    LOL And it also looks like they use the term without knowing what it means
    01-28-10 10:26 PM
    LOL And it also looks like they use the term without knowing what it means
    I believe they call that iRony...
    01-28-10 10:35 PM
    Yea and I'm sure you guys with iphones love AT&T. Its called iSad =(

01-29-10 10:03 AM
    Yea and I'm sure you guys with iphones love AT&T. Its called iSad =(

iDo! I receive excellent 3G coverage and reception to the tune of 2+Mbps down..

AT&T is getting better.. I know that hurts but sooner or later you will have to accept it.
    01-29-10 10:53 AM
    I believe they call that iRony...
    I would have to agree with you on that
    01-29-10 03:40 PM
    I guess it depends on where you live. I'm out in New York and all I hear from people with iphones is how calls are always dropped, no signal and the phone freezing.

01-30-10 01:35 PM
    Geez Verizon people... you guys get bitter way too easy. Its just a phone and no reason for carrier wars or calling each other fan boys. You guys will eventually get it as well. And I really do hope it comes to Verizon as the iPhone really is a solid device and everybody should have a chance to own it.
    01-30-10 02:19 PM
    There's no "fetish," GSM is a world standard unlike CDMA which is the minority. Apple can build one version of the phone and it works in hundreds of countries. Not so for CDMA, its being phased out in previously big CDMA countries like Canada, Brazil, and many overseas countries for GSM/HSPA. And a LOT of the smaller European countries that have CDMA carriers use 400-450mhz which isnt used here, requiring yet another phone version. GSM is one standard (mostly except Tmos weird 3G band) using a quadband 800/850/1800/1900 chip that covers all GSM (except Tmo 3G again), thats the appeal of it.

As MANY of us have said it probably wont come until LTE is widespread to the consumer.

My two pennies... They can make an iphone that runs cdma and gsm quad band... Just like the storm and the tour... My guess is it wouldn't be to hard to add lte in that mix so that I can literally go use cdma for now toll lte rolls out for all the USA and by the way I can travel to any country. Common sense.

01-30-10 07:36 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD