Apple is scheduled to announce there newest gadget tomorrow, the Apple Tablet. There is also speculation of a CDMA version of the Iphone coming to Verizon to be announced at tomorrows meeting. The Tablet supposedly is running on 4G. Let's see if Verizon has anything to say about there 4G network coming. Only tomorrow will tell. ..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by reme2299; 01-26-10 at 04:25 PM.
    01-26-10 04:12 PM
    I would bet you are right on that. I was thinking same thing. How many MORE iPhones would Apple sell if they opened t up to other carriers? About a bajilion!

01-26-10 04:21 PM
    Word has it that AT&T is losing the iPhone's exclusivity. hmm...
    01-26-10 04:36 PM
    Word has it that AT&T is losing the iPhone's exclusivity. hmm...
    Its best they do. I have the iPhone as well and its too great of a phone to keep it locked down to one carrier. Why people want it to be exclusive to just one carriers??? I dont know. Once there are a ton of iphone users over the next few years, you will see Big Reds network bog down too. It uses a ton of data.
    01-26-10 04:40 PM
    Its best they do. I have the iPhone as well and its too great of a phone to keep it locked down to one carrier. Why people want it to be exclusive to just one carriers??? I dont know. Once there are a ton of iphone users over the next few years, you will see Big Reds network bog down too. I uses a ton of data.
    thats what I'm scared of if Verizon does get this Iphone. thats what messed AT&T up is all the data. But I'm hoping since Verizon is much bigger that Verizon can handle all the data. Time will tell
    01-26-10 04:54 PM
    With 4G speeding things up hopefully everything will even out. I won't be giving up my Storm2 but wouldn't mind having an Iphone as a second phone. I will decide when I see what RIM does with there new browser.

01-26-10 05:14 PM
    I really hope they do to! i will not go to AT&T cuz their service sucks! maybe because the iphone maybe not, but the way i look at it , if you want the iphone so bad you better be able to provide the service for it. if you cant you should lose your contract.

this iphone going to verizon thing has been going on since the iphone was released back in 07! every time apple has an announcement coming up, the internet gets filled up with rumors saying its coming to Verizon this time! So im not holding my breath any more. When it comes, it comes. I’ll be there on release day to get it.
    01-26-10 05:43 PM
    I read that Verizon bout up a bunch of "air space" for the new LTE 4G network, I think I read that its like 700mhz or something correct me if I am wrong. That could mean couple of things, preparing for mass amounts of DATA travel or just preparing. My only speculation here is that if Verizon gets the iphone what about all the hype for the droid that did horrible and there BB storm lineup will they let that go, will BB open up to other carrying these devices???
    01-26-10 05:55 PM
    I really hope they do to! i will not go to AT&T cuz their service sucks! maybe because the iphone maybe not, but the way i look at it , if you want the iphone so bad you better be able to provide the service for it. if you cant you should lose your contract.
    Have you had AT&T Service?

I'm still not so sure about a LTE version of the iPhone. Why would you release a phone for a network that just doesn't exist yet, especially since apple releases a new one every year? 4G iPhones will probably be 2 years down the road.
    01-26-10 05:58 PM
    Apple claims the Tablet is the best thing they have ever came out with plus hidden surprises (4G network, virtual keyboard )which won't be released until their event tomorrow. Why not announce the Iphone going to Verizon tomorrow. They can either hurt their sales now and double it back with Verizon later or continue to let customers purchase Iphones on AT&T and pull the switch the last second and **** people off.

01-26-10 06:31 PM
    Why not announce it?

Does no one know how business or quarterly figures work? Why not sell another 5 million 3G/3GSs and THEN dump the 4g on everyone in June? If people want another carrier iphone that bad theyll get one, and thne they can sell upgrades to the GSM people too.

It makes zero sense to announce it tomorrow because itd hurt 3G and 3GS sales until the release and any chance to unload the stock they have
    01-26-10 07:17 PM

I'm still not so sure about a LTE version of the iPhone. Why would you release a phone for a network that just doesn't exist yet, especially since apple releases a new one every year? 4G iPhones will probably be 2 years down the road.
    yes i have. and i had to go outside my house to get any kind of signal
    01-26-10 08:50 PM
    I think if anything is said its going to be more on the lines of Apple hinting about the future coming. Here at Apple we look forward to doing business with Verizon and releasing great products together.....Iphone, Itablet.

01-27-10 12:08 AM
    Apple stocks will be flying off the roof!
    01-27-10 12:09 AM

I'm still not so sure about a LTE version of the iPhone. Why would you release a phone for a network that just doesn't exist yet, especially since apple releases a new one every year?
    +1
    If Apple follows its trend of releasing a phone every year, and the next iPhone is 4G, they would need a carrier that already has 4G in place for 2010. Verizon? Nope. T-Mobile? Yeah right, they just got 3G. AT&T? No 4G there either. Wait - there is a carrier that ALREADY has a working 4G network - Sprint!
    01-27-10 12:39 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Iphone didn't go to Sprint. In terms of number of users, it would make sense to pick Verizon, but with the network already in place Sprint does seem like a candidate in the running.
    01-27-10 05:05 AM
    Sprint wouldn't be too bad, my wife has it, service is good plus I can use her contract to add a phone. :-). Verizon will have 4G soon as will other carriers as 3G fades away, we will see.......

01-27-10 11:26 AM
    iPhone + Sprint + Sprint plans = Great stuff!!
    01-27-10 11:38 AM
    yes i have. and i had to go outside my house to get any kind of signal
    had the same problem with ATT when I was living in NYC. Down here in Texas though, ATT is second to none... Really depends on the region.
    01-27-10 11:55 AM
    Well I doubt it will come to Verizon since a lot of people were talking that the iPad would come to Verizon...it's going to AT&T folks. Too bad...

As for the iPhone coming to Verizon, it's looking doubtful, just hope they prove me wrong.
    01-27-10 01:32 PM
    I dont think itd make a bit of sense to have a VZW iphone and not iPad. Itd basically be the same CDMA/GSM chip, so odds are a VZW-Apple deal is further away then people seemed to think
    01-27-10 01:38 PM
    Special Event is over and I'm still waiting for Verizon.
    01-27-10 01:39 PM
    LOL all the VZW fanboys talking smack for months now can eat that crow and a big TOLD YOU SO

No, Im not an a-hole but weve spent long enough dealing with smack talk and having our forum crapped up and picking fights instead of being able to discuss our own phone like other subforums can.

We cant even help others anymore because their threads get pushed pages back behind every other thread being VZW this or that. I for one am glad to have this subforum clear out now.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 01-27-10 at 01:46 PM.
    01-27-10 01:43 PM
    The whole ipad and AT&T makes the iphone on VZ even more doubtful. I also believe google bringing their nexus one to VZ this spring may have something to do with it.
    01-27-10 01:57 PM
    The whole ipad and AT&T makes the iphone on VZ even more doubtful. I also believe google bringing their nexus one to VZ this spring may have something to do with it.
    Well actually it doesn't make it doubtful. It's not exclusive to AT&T. You can get micro sim cards for it to work on other gsm networks. The only thing AT&T is doing, is giving a price break on the service. So if you buy an Ipad you can get AT&T service for cheap or pay with another gsm carrier that has micro sim cards and pay a higher price. AT&T is giving a low price to intice you to use thier service. Why pay more when they offer it cheaper? Its called bait and hook. Plus AT&T exclusiveness ends in June. That is 5 months away so there is plenty of time to see what happens. Just my 2 cents.
    01-27-10 02:54 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD