Interesting thought being posited over at iPhone in Canada -

With No iPhone This Summer, Is It Time To Buy AppleCare? | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

For those who bought their iPhone 4 early on, their warranty will have lapsed before the 5 hits the market, so there's some time without a warranty. Worth grabbing AppleCare to cover one's a** in the meantime? Plus, if you hand off your 'old' 4 to a friend or family member, they'd be covered.

I'm usually adverse to extended warranties (used more as a money grab by retailers) - but while I was not an early adoptee of the iPhone, it occurs to me, locked into a 3 year Plan with Rogers with the acquisition of my 4 (at no cost to me for the phone itself), that this $CDN79 might be a worthwhile investment for the 2nd year.
    07-07-11 09:15 AM
    So... He's thinking about getting Apple Care since his phone won't be covered for a couple months? What a dumb idea, wait it out if anything happens, which it probably won't. Either way you can't get Apple Care after you've had the phone for 30 days if I'm not mistaken.

Did I miss something or is this article completely stupid.
    07-07-11 04:45 PM
    So... He's thinking about getting Apple Care since his phone won't be covered for a couple months? What a dumb idea, wait it out if anything happens, which it probably won't. Either way you can't get Apple Care after you've had the phone for 30 days if I'm not mistaken.

07-07-11 04:45 PM

This isn't a great idea if you plan on getting the new one on release, but to clarify a comment you made, you can purchase Apple Care up to one year after purchasing your Apple product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 09:52 PM
    Sometimes, if you're lucky to be near an apple store, they'll gladly help you out with device troubles you run into. Without apple care and for $free.99. Granted, you might want to have a pretty girl take your phone in...unless you are a pretty girl.

07-07-11 10:23 PM
    This isn't a great idea if you plan on getting the new one on release, but to clarify a comment you made, you can purchase Apple Care up to one year after purchasing your Apple product.

Ah, I see. They told me I could purchase Apple Care only within 30 of purchasing the iPhone. Shows what they know haha.
    07-07-11 11:33 PM
    Sometimes, if you're lucky to be near an apple store, they'll gladly help you out with device troubles you run into. Without apple care and for $free.99. Granted, you might want to have a pretty girl take your phone in...unless you are a pretty girl.
    So, Apple Stores are guilty of reverse discrimination (against guys)?

07-08-11 05:54 AM
    So, Apple Stores are guilty of reverse discrimination (against guys)?

There's no such thing as reverse discrimination.
    07-08-11 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD