Hi, apologies for the many posts over the past few days -- I made the switch from a BB to an iPhone and am still adjusting.

What is the best app that pushes email directly to your phone a la BlackBerry? I know there's a "fetch" function that does checks for new email every so often, but is there an app that automatically pushes your incoming mail straight to your phone?

I've heard some good things about MobileMe, but it seems kinda complicated. Is MobileMe the only way to get email pushed automatically to the iPhone?
    05-23-09 04:48 PM
    MobileMe, Exchange, and Yahoo are the only ones being offered push for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:17 PM
    No apps would even be able to offer you push email. That would have to implemented by Apple. In 3.0 there is going to be push notifications however which aren't for email, but if say for example Gmail were to make an iPhone Gmail app (and you used their services), you'd technically have push email because you'd be notified when you have a new message. That's as far as I can see an app offering push email.

05-23-09 05:22 PM
    No apps would even be able to offer you push email. That would have to implemented by Apple. In 3.0 there is going to be push notifications however which aren't for email, but if say for example Gmail were to make an iPhone Gmail app (and you used their services), you'd technically have push email because you'd be notified when you have a new message. That's as far as I can see an app offering push email.

I actually see that happening.
    05-24-09 03:01 AM
    OK, so I set up a forwarding system so that my gmail account feeds into a yahoo email account. This SHOULD give me "push" email, but for some reason nothing gets pushed. I've sent multiple test emails, but the only time it shows up on my phone is when I manually click and access the mail app/icon on the homescreen.

Shouldn't I be automatically notified if I have a new email via a notification on the homescreen or a ring? Why do I have to MANUALLY click the mail app in order to see if I have new mail?
    05-24-09 09:09 PM
    OK, so I set up a forwarding system so that my gmail account feeds into a yahoo email account. This SHOULD give me "push" email, but for some reason nothing gets pushed. I've sent multiple test emails, but the only time it shows up on my phone is when I manually click and access the mail app/icon on the homescreen.

Shouldn't I be automatically notified if I have a new email via a notification on the homescreen or a ring? Why do I have to MANUALLY click the mail app in order to see if I have new mail?
    I have the exact same set up and mine works fine
    06-06-09 04:53 AM
    When they start to get the push for AOL and others I think they will really start becoming less of a " toy " that everyone seems to call them, and break harder into the business world. I know alot of people that complain about it. Though to be if they are a toy then so is the Storm, and everyother TouchScreen.
    06-06-09 08:40 AM
    There's nothing like Blackberry.
    06-06-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD