05-27-10 05:34 PM
37 12
tools
    It might sound a little crazy but adding an extra line just for the purpose of upgrading. On AT&T paying the extra 10 bucks a month is almost worth it when you can upgrade in a year. I have 5 lines and on 2 of them I have yearly upgrades. So it seems like I'm always eligible for an upgrade LOL. Paying the 10 dollars is worth it for me.
    05-25-10 06:22 PM
    This news isn't shocking look at Verizon
    05-25-10 06:24 PM
    I think its crazy that its so high of a fee, but thank goodness I'm not planning on going anywhere.
    05-26-10 01:15 AM
    I think its crazy that its so high of a fee, but thank goodness I'm not planning on going anywhere.
    It wouldn't apply to you anyway since you got a contract before it takes effect.
    05-26-10 02:11 PM
    You people crack me up. ATT is ripping people off by increasing the ETF. They are making a ton of money of the phone and the service and they just want to screw us by raising the etf fee even higher than it is.

The big problems is that NOBODY knows how much a phone cost ATT. If ATT wasn't making a bundle it would come out how much profit they are making off the Iphone.

Att screws us again!!!!
    05-26-10 07:06 PM
    Oh boy here we go....

So you claim NOBODY knows the phone cost to ATT yet theyre ripping us off? It cant be a ripoff and then in the same breath we dont know. Makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-26-10 at 07:56 PM.
    05-26-10 07:49 PM
    Oh boy here we go....

So you claim NOBODY knows the phone cost to ATT yet theyre ripping us off? It cant be a ripoff and then in the same breath we dont know. Makes no sense at all.
    I love the internet, don't you?
    05-26-10 07:52 PM
    And actually we do know approx. Each $199 model, ATT pays Apple around $425.

So theyre EASILY subsidizing the cost $225, not counting the portion of the data plan they give Apple monthly for each iphone. Thats the price you pay to get an exclusive icon like the iphone. Dont like it, dont use it or ATT (or just dont cancel to pay an ETF as common sense dictates)- easy answer.

ATT isnt making a PENNY more off you unless YOU breach your contract. Who's fault is that then?
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-26-10 at 08:18 PM.
    05-26-10 07:57 PM
    It wouldn't apply to you anyway since you got a contract before it takes effect.
    I had to pay $125 when I was on my dads plan, and I only had a few months till I could leave. Still its way to high of a fee.
    05-27-10 02:36 AM
    And actually we do know approx. Each $199 model, ATT pays Apple around $425.

So theyre EASILY subsidizing the cost $225, not counting the portion of the data plan they give Apple monthly for each iphone. Thats the price you pay to get an exclusive icon like the iphone. Dont like it, dont use it or ATT (or just dont cancel to pay an ETF as common sense dictates)- easy answer.

ATT isnt making a PENNY more off you unless YOU breach your contract. Who's fault is that then?
    Exactly the one making the money here is Apple.
    05-27-10 03:05 AM
    I think there will be a healthier market for smart phones in general by having higher ETFs. For one it has stopped me from making not so wise decisions.
    05-27-10 01:35 PM
    Exactly the one making the money here is Apple.
    But the same amount either way, if you buy it on contract and complete your 2 years or not.

ATT doenst make an extra cent going from 175 to 325 ETF unless YOU breach the contract. Most people dont do that, so if people plan to that's their own problem.
    05-27-10 05:34 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD