I am currently on verizon in have the POS Storm 1 and I found out a few days ago ive been eligible for an upgrade since November 09. So I am now deciding on whether to stay with Verizon and get the Droid or switch to AT&T and get the IPhone. 3g coverage is not an issue as 3g is phenominle for both carriers in my area. So im curious as to what to get. What would u guys prefer and suggestions as to why you feel that way.

Thanks.
    03-25-10 01:56 PM
    I say wait till June/July and see what the 4G has to offer. But I have used an Iphone and to be honest I don't think you could go wrong with it. I have never used a Droid but some people say it's a great device.

They both do pretty much the same so i guess it's up to you to play with both and see which one feels better
    03-25-10 02:01 PM
    I made the jump from the 9550 to 3GS in Dec and haven't looked back, I played around with the droid just to see what it was like and I just didn't like the feel of it... you can't go wrong with the iPhone and yes the 4G is worth waiting for, but I didn't want to give VZW another dime.... but there are ways to still get a 4G without paying retail for it if you get a 3GS now
    03-25-10 02:07 PM
    I made the jump from the 9550 to 3GS in Dec and haven't looked back, I played around with the droid just to see what it was like and I just didn't like the feel of it... you can't go wrong with the iPhone and yes the 4G is worth waiting for, but I didn't want to give VZW another dime.... but there are ways to still get a 4G without paying retail for it if you get a 3GS now
    what do u mean by the last part u said?
    03-25-10 02:09 PM
    I think, as cleverocks22 said, you'll find yourself very happy with the Iphone. It is very intuitive and simple...the droid is a little more menu driven and you can customize it more than the iphone. I would wait a bit more, the 4th gen "should" be announced around june and by then there will be more android phones on VZ that you can choose too. It's almost april really so wait a bit longer.
    03-25-10 02:14 PM
    One thing I like about my iPhone is the aftermarket support. Cases, car options, chargers, software. It's the backend support from developers and accessory makers that keep me with Apple products in general.
    03-25-10 02:17 PM
    If you buy an android phone it will be outdated in a couple months...not from a competitor but Google themselves. Apple keeps things simple throughout their OS platform even for the iPod Touch. One device, one OS..vs. android.. 10 devices, 4-5 different OS's (RIM cough cough.. we all know how that goes).
    Android is great for the minority who get their rocks off having a different device every other month with a different OS.
    Apple is more for the simple person who wants ONE item thats intuitive, EASE of use and just works without having to go through sub menu after sub menu to get the job done.
    If you are into technology, gadgets, hacking...changing..then honestly the Droid is for you.
    If you just want one item that connects to everything else once with no worries and could care less about wallpapers, changing anything then the iPhone is for you.

That being said don't expect the new iPhone to be a hardware technological marvel.. Apple is not about that. Apple is more about how a device interacts with you in the most functional useful way.

They didn't invent cut, copy, paste.. they didn't invent mms... they just made them better on their own time when they were ready.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-25-10 at 02:26 PM.
    03-25-10 02:22 PM
    Grab an iPhone, especially if 3G is no concern. You will save money coming over to At&t with an iPhone as well due to all the cool apps that back door At&t. And the app store is a lot more abundent then the Droid, and more reliable. Not taking away from the moto droid its a good phone, but Android has some growing up to do before their as streamlined like Apple's iPhone.
    03-25-10 03:05 PM
    Droid, unless you need to use it on exchange, in which case you have to go with an iPhone. The droid doesn't support exchange security policies and most IT departments won't allow it to sync with your work email.
    03-25-10 03:06 PM
    If you buy an android phone it will be outdated in a couple months...not from a competitor but Google themselves. Apple keeps things simple throughout their OS platform even for the iPod Touch. One device, one OS..vs. android.. 10 devices, 4-5 different OS's (RIM cough cough.. we all know how that goes).
    Android is great for the minority who get their rocks off having a different device every other month with a different OS.
    Apple is more for the simple person who wants ONE item thats intuitive, EASE of use and just works without having to go through sub menu after sub menu to get the job done.
    If you are into technology, gadgets, hacking...changing..then honestly the Droid is for you.
    If you just want one item that connects to everything else once with no worries and could care less about wallpapers, changing anything then the iPhone is for you.

That being said don't expect the new iPhone to be a hardware technological marvel.. Apple is not about that. Apple is more about how a device interacts with you in the most functional useful way.

They didn't invent cut, copy, paste.. they didn't invent mms... they just made them better on their own time when they were ready.

Completely disagree with this. If you buy a flagship android device, you will constantly get OS updates to keep your phone up to date. The hardware doesn't mean as much as the software when you get to the higher end devices.
    03-25-10 03:07 PM
    Completely disagree with this. If you buy a flagship android device, you will constantly get OS updates to keep your phone up to date. The hardware doesn't mean as much as the software when you get to the higher end devices.
    Okay, but Droids are one of the most popular Android phones out right now and they're not even officially on 2.1 yet. Apple keeps all of their devices up to date and release updates for everything at one time.
    03-25-10 03:18 PM
    Okay, but Droids are one of the most popular Android phones out right now and they're not even officially on 2.1 yet. Apple keeps all of their devices up to date and release updates for everything at one time.
    Apple releases updates for their phones once (maybe twice) a year? Android updates all the time.

I don't care that someone else got it first, I care that I get it at all and appreciate them continually updating their shiznat.
    03-25-10 03:32 PM
    Apple releases updates for their phones once (maybe twice) a year? Android updates all the time.

I don't care that someone else got it first, I care that I get it at all and appreciate them continually updating their shiznat.
    No, Apple releases major updates once a year then releases smaller updates throughout the year that fixes bugs and other problems.

There have been 4 updates (3.0.1, 3.1, 3.1.2, and 3.1.3) for the iPhone OS since 3.0 was released in the summer of 2009.

Now when was Android updated?
    03-25-10 03:39 PM

They definitely update more than 1-2 times a year, but doesn't that also say something about the software? No updates are needed. Google updates because they haven't gotten it right and there are lots of bugs still being worked out.
    03-25-10 03:40 PM
    They definitely update more than 1-2 times a year, but doesn't that also say something about the software? No updates are needed. Google updates because they haven't gotten it right and there are lots of bugs still being worked out.
    Well, to be fair, Apple has a bunch of small bugs, too.
    03-25-10 03:46 PM

Someone could easily be mislead from this post.

Although Android may update all the time, all android devices are NOT! updated all the time. This is one of the major things android devices suffer from a lot of them are running different firmware, and it isnt the latest firmware either.

You shouldn't post something like this without telling the whole truth.
    03-25-10 03:50 PM
    Someone could easily be mislead from this post.

Although Android may update all the time, all android devices are NOT! updated all the time. This is one of the major things android devices suffer from a lot of them are running different firmware, and it isnt the latest firmware either.

You shouldn't post something like this without telling the whole truth.
    Oh might I mislead someone as to how often android devices are updated? God no, not that, anything but that...

Anyone who takes every post on here as the complete truth probably gets misled in life more often than not. I'm not here to write a thesis every time I make a post, and at the risk of sounding hypocritical, you shouldn't tell people what/what not to do (regardless of any deviant pleasure you may derive from it).

Anyway, I didn't know apple updates their software so often. I may be switching to apple anyway to consolidate devices (can't get work email on my droid unfortunately and am currently carrying a BB too). I'm waiting for the updated iPhone for a higher res screen and better battery, and maybe even an LED indicator. I just can't use that low res screen after having the droid, really is what's killing it for me at the moment.
    03-25-10 03:59 PM
    Oh might I mislead someone as to how often android devices are updated? God no, not that, anything but that...

Anyone who takes every post on here as the complete truth probably gets misled in life more often than not. I'm not here to write a thesis every time I make a post, and at the risk of sounding hypocritical, you shouldn't tell people what/what not to do (regardless of any deviant pleasure you may derive from it).

Anyway, I didn't know apple updates their software so often. I may be switching to apple anyway to consolidate devices (can't get work email on my droid unfortunately and am currently carrying a BB too). I'm waiting for the updated iPhone for a higher res screen and better battery, and maybe even an LED indicator. I just can't use that low res screen after having the droid, really is what's killing it for me at the moment.
    I'm just saying don't give misleading advice, it doesnt help the guy that has only 19 post and really looking for some answers now does it? ok im done with this argument.
    03-25-10 04:07 PM

I doubt Apple is going to change the resolution for the iPhone. :\
    03-25-10 06:19 PM
    I doubt Apple is going to change the resolution for the iPhone. :\
    Cmon, really? they have to. It might not be as high as some might like, but it will definitely be better than the 128x62 pixel garbage they have now.
    03-25-10 10:12 PM
    Cmon, really? they have to. It might not be as high as some might like, but it will definitely be better than the 128x62 pixel garbage they have now.
    iPhone is 128x62? Android may release updates every other day but not all of their devices will get the latest and greatest. You have to BUY another device to achieve that... #@$% please.
    03-26-10 01:35 PM
    I can share with you that I left Verizon after 12 years last month for the Iphone and it's by far one of the best purchases of my life. What made me leave? I went from the Storm 1 to the Moto Droid, while the Droid was a big step up from the Storm it had way too many bugs and auto resets. It's where the Iphone was 3 or 4 years. ago.

The Iphone is hands down a better phone, it's snappier, it's smoother, it's more intuitive, just better technology. I have a hard time putting it down each day.
    03-26-10 09:46 PM
    I can share with you that I left Verizon after 12 years last month for the Iphone and it's by far one of the best purchases of my life. What made me leave? I went from the Storm 1 to the Moto Droid, while the Droid was a big step up from the Storm it had way too many bugs and auto resets. It's where the Iphone was 3 or 4 years. ago.

The Iphone is hands down a better phone, it's snappier, it's smoother, it's more intuitive, just better technology. I have a hard time putting it down each day.
    To be honest, I'd rather have an Android phone like the Droid or Nexus One than my iPhone. :\
    03-26-10 10:34 PM
    To be honest, I'd rather have an Android phone like the Droid or Nexus One than my iPhone. :\
    I am jumping ship as well in August. It's been fun, just looking for something new I guess. I get bored witn stuff pretty easy. I just bought a new Dodge Ram last year, now I want the new Ford F350. My wife hates me.
    Last edited by jbdale; 03-27-10 at 06:05 PM.
    03-27-10 06:01 PM
    I am jumping ship as well in August. It's been fun, just looking for something new I guess. I get bored witn stuff pretty easy. I just bought a new Dodge Ram last year, now I want the new Ford F350. My wife hates me.
    If I was your wife, I'd hate you too. Although I get bored with stuff too easily too. Which could be the reason I'm single? Oh and my original comment to this thread was I've been with Verizon for 8 years and just left for the iphone. I don't know how vzw can even have considered passing this thing up?? Whoever made that call should put down the pipe if you know what I'm sayin...

Oh and to you two who were "fighting" with your keyboards, grow up.
    03-28-10 08:07 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD