My iPhone is Disabled. It Says Connect To iTunes. I DO That But My Computer Doesnt Even Register That A iPhone Is Connected. Its Currently In The Dock Taking Charge To It. I Tried Putting It in DFU Mode And Force Restore But I Cant Get That Far Because My Computer Isnt Picking It Up. Its Picking Up My Friends iPhone But It Wont Do Mine. Is There Anyway I Can Bypass This Screen Or Am I Totally Screwed. I Called APPLE And ATT And They Told Me To DO A Restore But Like I Said My Computer Wont Pick It Up. I Watched Youtube Videos And There Is The Same Solution As Stated. SHOULD I JUST BURY THE iPHONE AND MOVE ON OR IS THERE A WAY TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN. I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    10-10-09 02:04 PM
    Wow...that's pretty crazy. Is it a brand new phone or did you buy it from someone?
    10-10-09 02:21 PM
    I don't know, but I'd take it to the Apple store genius bar before considering burying it.

You can schedule your appointment here
    Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar
    10-10-09 02:24 PM
    Bought It From Someone For $75 Dollars Phone IS In Perfect Condition. Thought It Could Be A Easy Fix Or A Restore And Its Pretty Much Not Synching And The Computer Isnt Picking It Up. Everyone Keeps Telling Me To Restore It And Problem Solved But I Cant Do That Cause My Dell Isnt Picking It Up. I Tried It On A Mac Book Air With A Fresh iTunes Install And It Still Didnt Pick Up.
    10-10-09 05:26 PM
    Is it unlocked running on T-Mobile? Did you jailbreak it?
    10-10-09 05:29 PM
    I Bought The Phone As Is. It Was Already Disabled. I Do Not Know What They Attempted To Do B4. I Looked On Youtube And They Have Fixes But I Cant Get That Far Because My CPU Does Not Recognize The Phone. Its Currently On The Dock.
    10-10-09 05:46 PM
    Here is what you gotsa do!

1) Plug in your phone.
    2) Turn on iTunes.
    3) Hold both Power and Home buttons until the phone shuts off.
    4) Once it does, let go of the Power button and hold the Home button a little longer.
    5) Hold it until iTunes detects it in DFU mode.
    10-11-09 03:06 AM
    Then hit restore

This will wipe the phone completely clean

Trust Me I have done it before
    10-11-09 03:07 AM
    DId IT Still Didnt Work. Tried On 3 Different Computers. Just Sold It As Is On Ebay For $125.
    10-11-09 10:39 AM
    did the phone work i wonder when you bought it from your friend for 75? could be why they got rid of it so cheap.
    10-11-09 03:35 PM
    It Powered On And Off It Just Wasnt Recognized On The Computer. It Took Charge Just Couldnt Restore.
    10-11-09 05:43 PM
    Probably my ignorance but I thought RIM was the only company that produced bricked devices... Interesting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 11:59 AM
    My iPhone is Disabled. It Says Connect To iTunes. I DO That But My Computer Doesnt Even Register That A iPhone Is Connected. Its Currently In The Dock Taking Charge To It. I Tried Putting It in DFU Mode And Force Restore But I Cant Get That Far Because My Computer Isnt Picking It Up. Its Picking Up My Friends iPhone But It Wont Do Mine. Is There Anyway I Can Bypass This Screen Or Am I Totally Screwed. I Called APPLE And ATT And They Told Me To DO A Restore But Like I Said My Computer Wont Pick It Up. I Watched Youtube Videos And There Is The Same Solution As Stated. SHOULD I JUST BURY THE iPHONE AND MOVE ON OR IS THERE A WAY TO GET IT WORKING AGAIN. I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    If you're just gonna move on from it i'll gladly take it off your hands!
    10-17-09 08:40 PM
    DId IT Still Didnt Work. Tried On 3 Different Computers. Just Sold It As Is On Ebay For $125.
    I wish you wouldn't have sold it, this has happened to my iPod Touch and I managed to save it!
    10-17-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD