06-16-09 01:57 AM
548 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Sorry I'm a newby at this and they don't let me link yet but I will provide quotes from engadget.

"AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson says that he "sees" AT&T grabbing hold of the Pre once it's available. The remarks were made today at the D7 conference."

and

"AT&T's been extraordinarily coy about its Android plans, right up through our interview with Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega back in February -- but rest assured, the carrier does plan to get in the game, and it might just beat a number of T-Mobile's planned launches to market."

Sorry for not posting them earlier.

AT&T expects to sell Palm Pre when Sprint's exclusivity ends

and

HTC Lancaster is a QWERTY slider with Android for AT&T
    Last edited by quartzan; 06-01-09 at 06:46 PM.
    05-28-09 08:38 PM
    So Palm is going to make the CDMA Pre which is what $800 as is available for GSM as well? I see it now a $1200 palm pre with 2 year contract.
    05-28-09 08:41 PM
    Well right now the estimated manufacturing cost of the pre is less than that of the iPhone 3g so I don't see why it would be out of the question and yes obviously they are charging way too much at 800.

"iSuppli Estimates Manufacturing Cost of Palm Pre Is $138"

iSuppli Estimates Manufacturing Cost of Palm Pre Is $138

"iPhone 3G...costs the company an estimated $173 to manufacture, according to a report by market research firm iSuppli."

www.dmwmedia.com/news/2008/06/25/estimated-iphone-3g-manufacturing-costs:-$173
    Last edited by quartzan; 06-01-09 at 06:45 PM.
    05-28-09 08:52 PM
    05-29-09 10:49 AM
    The boys over at Engadget Mobile managed to get their hands on what appears to be a slide deck showcasing just about every smartphone headed to AT&T this year. Some of the slides may be a bit off as far as launch dates are concerned but wow, what a lineup AT&T has in store for its customers. We have a few obligatory Windows Mobile devices — the HTC Fortress (Touch Pro2), HTC Warhawk (Touch Diamond2) and the HP iPAQ K3 which will run Windows Mobile 6.5. The expected BlackBerry offerings will include the Onyx, the Magnum, the Gemini and the non-flip Pearl 3G. AT&T is also expected to get the rumored Palm EOS in the latter half of the year and last but not least is the HTC Lancaster, an Android-powered QWERTY slider that steals its styling from the Touch Pro2 and makes the G1 look like a kid’s toy. Hit the jump for the individual slides with all the juicy details.
    I only see EOS. Is that another name for the Pre?

Actually doesn't look like the Pre at all - Can u say blackjack...

Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-29-09 at 11:02 AM.
    05-29-09 10:56 AM
    I only see EOS. Is that another name for the Pre?

Actually doesn't look like the Pre at all -

AT&T expects to sell Palm Pre when Sprint's exclusivity ends

05-29-09 11:01 AM
    Ahhh ok, better. So Sprint has the Pre for 6 months, that's so weaksauce. No wonder Sprint is losing customers every quarter..sad. Government needs to step in and save Sprint! We do not want ATT or VZW to buy them.. bad bad bad.
    05-29-09 11:03 AM
    onthelowlow I am inclined to buy into this due to the fact that obviously VZW wants it and Apple loves secrecy and surprises. It also seems that Jobbs will make some sort of an announcement at WWDC and considering his health I would expect the announcement to be a good one if he is putting energy into being there. However if this is all hogwash I wish a plague on your house! I have been waiting for the iPhone to come to VZW for a while. (Wouldn't really wish a plague though )
    05-30-09 08:58 PM
    onthelowlow I am inclined to buy into this due to the fact that obviously VZW wants it and Apple loves secrecy and surprises. It also seems that Jobbs will make some sort of an announcement at WWDC and considering his health I would expect the announcement to be a good one if he is putting energy into being there. However if this is all hogwash I wish a plague on your house! I have been waiting for the iPhone to come to VZW for a while. (Wouldn't really wish a plague though )
    You will not be dissapointed. The announcement that we at VZW have all been waiting for will be heard. But just received word that there will be something a little special about this iphone. I cannot tell you what it is as I am obviously under NDA and since there are so few that know what is going on it wouldn't be hard to pinpoint who said what.

We have one more week to go! Woohoo
    05-31-09 03:03 AM
    Special bad? Or special good? I thought if verizon got it there would be some changes. I like the way the iphone is now. I'm sure whatever it is is good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:59 AM
    You will not be dissapointed. The announcement that we at VZW have all been waiting for will be heard. But just received word that there will be something a little special about this iphone. I cannot tell you what it is as I am obviously under NDA and since there are so few that know what is going on it wouldn't be hard to pinpoint who said what.

We have one more week to go! Woohoo
    interesting info I hope its all good though whatever we hear!
    05-31-09 10:05 AM
    But just received word that there will be something a little special about this iphone.
    Really hope this isn't a bad change to the iPhone. Hey onthelowlow could you at least tell us if you feel it is a bad or good change?
    05-31-09 10:21 AM
    Really hope this isn't a bad change to the iPhone. Hey onthelowlow could you at least tell us if you feel it is a bad or good change?
    If it's true, which we're all assured it is, Apple wouldn't make the changes to the phone if it weren't a worthy endevour. We can only watch and wait for an official announcement.

This should be an interesting summer for smartphone enthusiasts all around.
    05-31-09 01:19 PM
    Sorry for leaving you all hanging, but this is actually a really GREAT change in my honest opinion. Also the VZW crapware will not be present on the new Iphone either. So no Vcast or VZNavigator. It may come at alater date but will not initially be on the phone.
    05-31-09 01:31 PM
    Sorry for leaving you all hanging, but this is actually a really GREAT change in my honest opinion. Also the VZW crapware will not be present on the new Iphone either. So no Vcast or VZNavigator. It may come at alater date but will not initially be on the phone.
    Thanks for the info good to know.
    05-31-09 01:43 PM
    Regardless whether this information is true or not, RIM would not be happy to hear someone that claims to be working for VZW is leaking information about the iPhone coming to their carrier.
    I have to agree with everyone else that finds this hard to believe..employees didn't even know when the new os was coming out...but if it is true Verizon will stay #1 by a landslide...lots of people left just because they could not get the I-phone.....I'd keep my Storm AND get the i-phone lol
    05-31-09 01:46 PM
    Wait a minute...I just remembered...no mms still the case on I-phones???
    05-31-09 01:47 PM
    What about Rhapsody? What about the required iTunes install? What about the fact that it's got open WIFI and GPS?
    05-31-09 01:53 PM
    Wait a minute...I just remembered...no mms still the case on I-phones???
    Not with the upcoming update. iPhone OS 3.0 has already shown that it will allow mms as well as copy and paste and a few other things.
    05-31-09 01:53 PM
    I'm going to say it has a physical keyboard then. I'm trying to think of ways that apple will improve it. I have had both iphones before and there isn't much more that can be improved with what 3.0 is going to offer. Can you say if it will be a physical change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 02:15 PM
    After 3.0, I couldn't think of much more that I would want on a phone.
    05-31-09 02:33 PM
    not to be a troll.....but on theiphoneblog there is a thread talking about this thread on crackberry. the mod said that one of the two posters saying they having inside info was banned from their site for creating multiple user names and starting up rumors. take it for what you will. just dont want anyone to have their hopes and dreams crushed. I myself still want to believe this is going to happen. so my apologies to the person posting this info if it is indeed true and not false.
    05-31-09 11:38 PM
    iPhone will NEVER see a physical keyboard, not as long as Jobs has anything to do with Apple. Imho that is a good thing!
    06-01-09 08:12 AM
    This is looking more and more like the OP is not on the level with us all. Additionally, I saw this article that suggested VZW customers shouldnt hold their breath for an iPhone because 4G phones are at least two years away. Because I am a new poster, I cannot post the link to it, but if you search for iphone and verizon, it will pop up on www dot nj dot com.

Greg
    06-01-09 09:12 AM
    Don't blow off VZW's implementation of
    LTE. They are scheduled to start next yr.
    They way the pride themselves on their
    network. U can bank on that happening.
    Also their LTE will have the highest bandwith.....
    Late
    06-01-09 10:09 AM
548 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD