06-16-09 01:57 AM
548 ... 45678 ...
tools
    So what does this argument have to do with the iphone. This thread has become a carrier debate and has nothing to do with the original topic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was just about to say that, GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!! THIS IS ABOUT THE IPHONE COMING TO VERZION!!! THAT'S IT!
    05-20-09 02:08 PM
    serioulsy people what would onthelowlow stand to gain by lying why wouldnt apple want to tap into the the largest cell phone provider in the united states its completley pluaseable to me u really think he wants to get 10 million emails from people calling him a lying sack of sh*t if its not true as long as vzw and apple can come to terms with some things like itunes and control over apps i dont see why they wouldnt do busisness it benefits both parties tremendoulsy im sure verizon wants the iphone it just took them a while too see how many people were leaving to get an iphone and they had to come to grips with not having complete control over the apps and things like that low low i believe you dog!
    05-20-09 03:12 PM
    Verzion will get the iPhone August 2010.
    05-20-09 03:26 PM
    I know I only have a few posts, but I'm still interested in hearing about the entire iphone coming to Verizon debate. Everything that's been said has been pretty interesting, but I'm still curious if what onthelowlow said is true or not. I know time will only tell, but my one question is....Where's onthelowlow? I haven't seen a post from him in a while. I'll personally invite you to join back in the conversation and give us a little more hints of why you believe the iphone is coming June 8th. How 'bout it onthelowlow or anyone else with pertinent info?
    05-20-09 05:30 PM
    Really took the number 1 spot????

See our first customer service Ratings for cellular carriers

um to me that looks like dead last, and not even close to being there either. And dont say that oh blah blah its consumer reports. 51,700 people reviewing something from all over the united states is better than roomful of people. also note that if you go to the JD power website and search, sprint is still the near the bottom in 5 out of 6 areas. I also love how I called you out for being a sprint fanboy and you tried to call me a fanboy, yet I have stated no allegiance to one carrier. I merely stated that Sprint is the worst all around, which I have almost 52k people backing me up in that claim
    Again Lynx you're quoting a report from January '09, I'm using a report from 2 days ago. Which is more current. Oh I get it you want to believe what you want to believe.

You want to continue the debate follow the link in my signature.
    Last edited by ERDude; 05-20-09 at 06:37 PM.
    05-20-09 06:35 PM
    Again Lynx you're quoting a report from January '09, I'm using a report from 2 days ago. Which is more current. Oh I get it you want to believe what you want to believe.

You want to continue the debate follow the link in my signature.
    Here's from today.

Wireless survey: Verizon earns top spot (again), AT&T slips : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

Quoted,

"Once again, Verizon Wireless wins top marks from chatters in an annual survey of wireless carriers, while AT&T suffered the biggest drop of the big four U.S. operators. Still languishing at the bottom: Sprint, which nonetheless won the crown for "most improved."
    05-20-09 06:58 PM
    Here's from today.

Wireless survey: Verizon earns top spot (again), AT&T slips : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

Quoted,

"Once again, Verizon Wireless wins top marks from chatters in an annual survey of wireless carriers, while AT&T suffered the biggest drop of the big four U.S. operators. Still languishing at the bottom: Sprint, which nonetheless won the crown for "most improved."
    OWNED

Thanks sniffs, I was just gonna post this but you beat me to it. Since I guess something from Jan is too old and apparantly means nothing
    05-20-09 09:00 PM
    OMG would ya'll please cut it out!!! All this arguing back and forth regarding carriers is OLD. MentalCase said it best- get back on topic.
    05-20-09 10:09 PM
    This thread is pretty much useless for another 2 1/2 weeks. Onthelowlow said June 8th just to spark up some fire in a thread for a while. I wouldn't even bother trying to decipher credibility here until it's posted on a news site or cell carrier site or something.

Some troll (sorry if you're not) posting something and getting everyone riled up on a forum is exactly what they're designed and meant to do.

Don't let it stress you out people. Just be patient that's all you can do. Like someone else mentioned.. It's just a phone!
    05-20-09 11:40 PM
    This thread is pretty much useless for another 2 1/2 weeks. Onthelowlow said June 8th just to spark up some fire in a thread for a while. I wouldn't even bother trying to decipher credibility here until it's posted on a news site or cell carrier site or something.

Some troll (sorry if you're not) posting something and getting everyone riled up on a forum is exactly what they're designed and meant to do.

Don't let it stress you out people. Just be patient that's all you can do. Like someone else mentioned.. It's just a phone!
    Sorry if you guys feel like I have left you hanging been out of town on business. My words still have not changed. You will all see come the announcements at WWDC. I have no updated news to post besides what I have already given you. I was informed that their will be one big surprise regarding the Iphone coming to Verizon but was not given anymore than that. I have heard the rumblings as you all have about the Storm 2 coming soon. Wait as the new Iphone which is already being passed around between execs, will be on Verizon in July. Mark my words and this thread, as I will definitely be back to gloat on the 8th of June.
    05-21-09 01:16 AM
    Will the iPhone ever make it to Verizon? Much has already been written as to whether the US's largest carrier will be able to sell the device once AT&T's exclusive contract to carry it expires next year, though a firm answer remains elusive. At the Reuters Global Technology Summit, CFO John Killian refused to answer the question, reports Reuters, pointing out instead that its strategy is to have multiple devices, and that their smartphone and data business "is growing incredibly nicely."

When pressed, Killian, added, "?We're going to have a series of introductions this year, we're not dependent on any one vendor." Reuters tried once again for an answer, asking if Verizon (NYSE: VZ) might not be missing out on the "publicity that all things iPhone get." Killian responded, "I don't want buzz, I want volumes, cash flow, profitability. I want things that allow us to do that and I think our lineup is allowing us to do that."

But there's also one thing that Killian said that doesn't completely rule it out and leaves the door open for at least 2010. He told the newswire, "?We don't feel we're going to be at a market disadvantage in the PDA space as we go through today or 2009." In an interview in April with the WSJ, Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said that it was "more likely" that Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) would work with the carrier once its 4G network was up and running (slated to roll out first in 20-30 markets in the second half of 2010), as it runs on the same technology standard as AT&T's.
    Verizon no soup fo you!
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-21-09 at 12:25 PM.
    05-21-09 11:31 AM
    I hope you are right, as more competition means better phones for "us" VZW customers. Especially with regards to the STORM, this would KILL IT!
    While there would be quite a few people switching to the iPhone, I don't think the Storm is in imminent danger of being killed. It has a pretty loyal following. I have an iPod Touch for the Apple apps, but I personally prefer the Storm as a phone/business tool over the iPhone.

By the time my contract is up, I might change my mind. A lot can happen in 18 months when it comes to smart phones and technology.
    05-21-09 11:39 AM
    If the iPhone does become available to VZW customers, don't fool yourself the Storm is all but 6ft under.

and the Storm 2,3,6,12 and 20
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-21-09 at 11:50 AM.
    05-21-09 11:44 AM
    If the iPhone does become available to VZW customers, don't fool yourself the Storm is all but 6ft under.
    once again storm and iphone are not the same, and are not marketed to the same people. No matter what RIM will have its people who want a business phone and people who want a media phone. I myself dont really care I love my ipod touch, but hate the fact that it died and am still waiting for my replacement 3 weeks later . And I love my blackberry for work use.
    05-21-09 11:49 AM
    once again storm and iphone are not the same, and are not marketed to the same people. No matter what RIM will have its people who want a business phone and people who want a media phone. I myself dont really care I love my ipod touch, but hate the fact that it died and am still waiting for my replacement 3 weeks later . And I love my blackberry for work use.
    You may feel that way but RIM doesn't, the Storm is RIM's direct intentional response to the iPhone. RIM would have NEVER come out with a touchpresurething if it would not have been for the iPhone, never.

The Storm IS a media phone that happens to have native BBM, that is all. My iPhone works flawless in my working environment so from my personal experience as far as the iPhone not really being a work phone just doesn't hold water.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-21-09 at 11:57 AM.
    05-21-09 11:51 AM
    Sorry if you guys feel like I have left you hanging been out of town on business. My words still have not changed. You will all see come the announcements at WWDC. I have no updated news to post besides what I have already given you. I was informed that their will be one big surprise regarding the Iphone coming to Verizon but was not given anymore than that. I have heard the rumblings as you all have about the Storm 2 coming soon. Wait as the new Iphone which is already being passed around between execs, will be on Verizon in July. Mark my words and this thread, as I will definitely be back to gloat on the 8th of June.
    Let me play devil's advocate here for a second. If there were 20 people privy to this information at Verizon, what are the odds that someone else would in this meeting would leak this information? Pretty good I'd say. I've yet to see anything else in Google searches regarding a blockbuster Apple/Verizon announcement at the WWDC. Apple is secretive, but tidbits of information always seem to leak out prior to a big announcement.

Everything I've seen online points to a 2010 Verizon iPhone at the earliest, but is it all smoke & mirrors choreographed by Apple? I'd be shocked if Apple does make the announcement at WWDC, but I'm not holding my breath.
    05-21-09 12:21 PM
    I'd love for the iPhone to come to VZW. I have a Palm Centro (my wife stole the BB Curve that I bought off craigslist ) and an iPod Touch.

I got the iPod Touch, specifically for an app that I use to help manage my swim team. After lugging around both, I'm ready to jump over to the iPhone, as I love the iPod Touch and need this app. (First Apple product I've ever liked.)

I emailed VZW, stating as much-- that as soon as my contract ends (or when the buyout becomes reasonable), I was planning to jump ship. I recommended they poll their customers to see how rampant that sentiment is across their customer base.

Following that, I received multiple emails and a phone call, asking why I would cancel and go with the iPhone. They asked several questions about the specific app.

They weren't trying to sell me anything, just asking, and I made it clear that I wasn't going to make the move for a while (my NE2 is July'09).

You can take that FWIW. Are they trying to identify what on their roadmaps (phones and apps) can compete? Are they trying to determine the necessary effort to approach negotiations with Apple? Who knows.

The cust service rep that did call me, mentioned at the end of the call that a memo went out when the VZW iPhone rumor hit the web, stating that VZW had no plans to release an iPhone. Of course, that easily could have been a "company line" memo to all the peons to keep them hush-hush, and protect the Storm biz.

----------------------------

Thoughts on the iPhone Lite rumor...

As long as it's not an iPhone minus the WiFi. What does VZW have against WiFi? Does it muck up their CDMA radio chip?

What are you going to cripple? "There's an app for that... just not on the VZW version." ?!?

I'd LOVE to see an iPhone Lite that had no internal mem and an SD Card slot. I just don't see it happening. (Though, hey, if SONY can release a camera with an SD Card slot, in addition to MemStick...) Actually, I COULD see Apple getting into the high mark-up Flash (or MRAM) business a la Sony, selling an iPhone with no internal mem, then allowing consumers to upgrade with overpriced Flash.

Not familiar with the internal breakdown of processors in the iPhone, does it have one main processor that handles all the apps, the interface to the radio chip, and any of the RF control processing? If so, you've got potential code compatibility issues, if you have to change the main processor to interface with the CDMA radio chip.
    05-21-09 12:47 PM
    Verizon's LTE wont be voice until after 2010.

Verizon's '09/early '10 LTE will be data only, with aircards being the first round.
    Fiscal year 2009...
    05-21-09 01:15 PM
    You may feel that way but RIM doesn't, the Storm is RIM's direct intentional response to the iPhone. RIM would have NEVER come out with a touchpresurething if it would not have been for the iPhone, never.

The Storm IS a media phone that happens to have native BBM, that is all. My iPhone works flawless in my working environment so from my personal experience as far as the iPhone not really being a work phone just doesn't hold water.
    No the storm is a BB that does media as you said urself. In my work environment (hospital administration) the iphone doesnt work well enough. So in my experience the iphone isnt a work phone, and get this... there are MILLIONS of companies using BB's that will never switch to iphones.
    05-21-09 01:23 PM
    Here's another possibility to satiate AT&T...

In order to not "break contract", Apple concedes to offer iPhone to AT&T for $50 less than what they sell to VZW, which allows AT&T to maintain "exclusive best pricing" for the H/W.

Apple and AT&T knowing full well, that new adopters from T-Mo, Sprint, etc will likely opt for the cheaper entry costs, and VZW loyalists will stick with VZW, even at a higher entry cost.
    05-21-09 01:40 PM
    No the storm is a BB that does media as you said urself. In my work environment (hospital administration) the iphone doesnt work well enough. So in my experience the iphone isnt a work phone, and get this... there are MILLIONS of companies using BB's that will never switch to iphones.
    So what is your point? Of course millions of companies use Blackberry. How long as blackberry existed? iPhone has been out for 2 years and it would be ridiculous to expect a large amount of companies to ditch BB for iPhone that soon. You might not think it works well in your business environment, that may be true, but unfortunately the Storm doesn't work well in any environment. That's why they're replacing it and changing some of the hardware features because the other one sucked and the OFFICIAL OS is borderline awful. So while blackberries are useful for businesses, that doesn't hold true for the storm. Since you want to be specific.... in my environment, which is banking (one of the largest banks in the world), all the execs carry Curves or 8700 and some recently the Bold. No one is walking around with a Storm because it doesn't cut it as a business phone or media phone.
    05-21-09 01:43 PM
    Maybe I'm asking too much, but I'd like to know (probably like other people here) if there is anyone else (anywhere) that knows about the secret release of the iphone this year. Onthelowlow, can you give us any other links where this information has been "secretly" released? Are there any other forums where people, like you, are shedding light on this highly anticipated information?
    05-21-09 01:51 PM
    So what is your point? Of course millions of companies use Blackberry. How long as blackberry existed? iPhone has been out for 2 years and it would be ridiculous to expect a large amount of companies to ditch BB for iPhone that soon. You might not think it works well in your business environment, that may be true, but unfortunately the Storm doesn't work well in any environment. That's why they're replacing it and changing some of the hardware features because the other one sucked and the OFFICIAL OS is borderline awful. So while blackberries are useful for businesses, that doesn't hold true for the storm. Since you want to be specific.... in my environment, which is banking (one of the largest banks in the world), all the execs carry Curves or 8700 and some recently the Bold. No one is walking around with a Storm because it doesn't cut it as a business phone or media phone.
    I never specifically said everybody had a storm... and you proved my point that ur execs use a BB not an iphone...
    05-21-09 02:56 PM
    Blackberries have been around for how long? Of course they are entrenched with corporations, it would be ignorant to think the iPhone is going to take over the business smart phone market share RIM has in 2 years. Give the iPhone time like 10 years and we'll talk.

Food for thought, while RIM has increased its smart phone market share (with 5-10 models on multiple carriers US ex.) by 50% in the first quarter the iPhone has increased it's market share by over 100% (ONE phone ONE carrier US ex.). Keep drinking the kool-aid about RIM and corporations, eventually that juice box is going to run out.

I don't have to provide you the link about the iPhone now being corporate ready do I?

Again it is insane to think what Apple has done with ONE phone on ONE carrier.. just crazy!

JD Powers took RIM's kool-aid and put rat poison in it. :-).. back on topic .. 2010 VZW will get the iPhone then RIM will be .. #@#@$ hahaha.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-21-09 at 03:53 PM.
    05-21-09 03:50 PM
    This rumor has been out since the iphone was released...but the best part about this one is there is a solid announcement date. So by june 9 we will all kno if onthelowlow was right. So relax everyone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 03:54 PM
548 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD