Just because the contract is [B]supposed[B] to end in 2010, it doesn't mean that it's that summer. They could have entered into that contract early in the year. No one really knows the specifics of that illustrious contract anyway. However, I'm holding out in hopes of a Verizon iPhone. I love my BB, but I'd love an all-in-one device. I will never be an ATT customer. So maybe the next-gen iPhone will be on a better carrier than yucky ATT!!
    T, according to many, the BB is already an all-in-1 device.
    06-11-09 09:50 PM
    This poster says Verizon Iphone coming January 2010, Apple help desk already training.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...8/#post2787862
    Hey onthelowlow do you still believe that the iphone will come to Verizon in 2009 or are you thinking the same thing as this post that it will be out in January 2010?
    06-12-09 12:17 AM
    Hey onthelowlow do you still believe that the iphone will come to Verizon in 2009 or are you thinking the same thing as this post that it will be out in January 2010?
    We are still hearing the plan is to release the iphone this year. There is supposed to be a big announcement soon. How soon I do not know yet. As soon as I know you will.
    06-12-09 12:59 AM
    I do know that China has a CDMA network. As stated this phone will not just be a CDMA phone. Without putting myself out there too much the Iphone for Verizon will be the Iphone LTE. You can quote me on that! Verizon currently has a number of cities up and running LTE right now. Alot of us within the company had no idea at all that so many cities had already begun testing for LTE. We were informed that this was the case and the Iphone will be using the LTE standard.

Lastly I am definitely not drawing my own conclusions as this information came straight from the horses mouth. In due time all will be revealed, but the new Iphone will be built with the new Verizon LTE network in mind. I know that there are other posters on here who were at this meeting. Please feel free to add your 2 cents in as well.
    like what cities is it in now???
    06-12-09 01:22 AM
    Sorry, I just figured i pst this link. Is funny and yes i am waiting till it get to VZW If it ever get here
    Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
    06-12-09 08:34 AM
    I have been reading this thread since page 1 - I hate my phone currently but love VZW network. And interestingly enough, I will be elligibile for an upgrade mid-July and would love the possibility of an Iphone. WWDC threw AT&T under the bus faster than the Packers did Brett Farve and here is what I see as interesting - at the end of June, Steve Jobs makes his return to the helm of Apple and he has some big announcement. I am eager to see what he has to say..
    06-12-09 09:34 AM
    I am guessing that you are being sarcastic because T-Mobile has had 3G for some time now. What exactly would you say would make ATT better than T-Mobile? I have a lot better coverage on my old T-Mobile phone than any ATT phone does.
    I just had to comment. "A lot better coverage on tmobile, than on ATT"? You must mean in one particular area, because as far as nationwide coverage, there is no comparison, and you should check a map. If you did, you'd probably be laughing the way I did when I read your comment about this. lol Tmobile's strong points are definitely NOT network/coverage. It's cheap prices and excellent customer service.
    06-12-09 09:40 AM
    h ttp://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10222486-94.html

I don't think the iphone will come to Verizon, but who ever truly knows this info besides the people writing the check for exclusivity? They have the storm, which is a great phone. I say let ATT have the iphone, Verizon have the Storm, Tmobile have the G1, and sprint have the Palm Pre...

Oh yea.. I've worked for Verizon and Tmobile and Verizon does post future info about phones and training on the intranet site. So maybe it is true...
    Last edited by mosweett; 06-12-09 at 11:11 AM.
    06-12-09 11:09 AM
    h ttp://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-10222486-94.html

I don't think the iphone will come to Verizon, but who ever truly knows this info besides the people writing the check for exclusivity? They have the storm, which is a great phone. I say let ATT have the iphone, Verizon have the Storm, Tmobile have the G1, and sprint have the Palm Pre...

Oh yea.. I've worked for Verizon and Tmobile and Verizon does post future info about phones and training on the intranet site. So maybe it is true...
    That wont happen, people are in business to make money, and having a phone on one carrier limits your income. Palm Pre will be on other carriers, as will the iPhone eventually. Im sure Palm and Google, will make Web OS and Android devices for other carriers as well in the future. It just makes sense.
    06-12-09 12:42 PM
    Apple had not intentions of helping out AT&T at WWDC. I can't see this agreement being extended. AT&T has a PR nightmare on their hands and Apple is just sitting by and watching the fire.

Computerworld.com has some interesting reads but frickin link rules here I can't post them yet. Check them out.
    06-12-09 12:43 PM
    I just had to comment. "A lot better coverage on tmobile, than on ATT"? You must mean in one particular area, because as far as nationwide coverage, there is no comparison, and you should check a map. If you did, you'd probably be laughing the way I did when I read your comment about this. lol Tmobile's strong points are definitely NOT network/coverage. It's cheap prices and excellent customer service.

I guess it is different in Florida, ATT customers I know always mention poor coverage and dropped calls. That being said my girlfriend gets a lot better coverage on here VZW phone than I do on my T-Mobile. Thats the reason I am switching. Plus T-Mobile only gives my company a 12% discount where VZW gives 19%
    06-12-09 12:48 PM
    There is an article on Computerworld.com regarding the swelling groans and moans of AT&T users signing the twitter petition about the $$$$ they have to shell out for the new Iphone. damn. WWDC seemed to be the tip of the iceberg and as we get deeper into the month of June when Steve Jobs is supposed to have his press conference/release, my curiousity continues to grow...Onthelowlow must know something...or not.
    06-12-09 01:08 PM
    I thought Onthelowlow knew something, most likely he knew he was a good troll.
    06-12-09 02:07 PM
    06-12-09 02:07 PM
    I thought Onthelowlow knew something, most likely he knew he was a good troll.
    He does. He happens to be the Verizon CEO from Dublin, OH who started the rumor for this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...-think-246538/
    06-12-09 02:59 PM
    Yeh well I SERIOUSLY doubt that considering, it would have to be announced first as we have 2 conflicting stories and dates from people in the forums who claim to "know" something.

And Mr. Onthelow, and I quote, "June 8 is right around the corner. mark my words on this day that we will all receive confirmation on everything that I stated earlier and more."

Credibility shot, pulled a big fat fail whale. Mr mark my words June 8th and NOTHING happened. Someone in "the know" would at least know the date of something BIG being announced!! sorry just a common troll.

Lets be honest, VZW ALREADY came out and talked about getting the Pre, they would have spilled the iphone beans now if it was coming in 5 months from now.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-12-09 at 03:41 PM.
    06-12-09 03:39 PM
    Yeah, same with Newatthisgame. I bet if you checked the IP's of both him and Onthelowlow it's the same troll.

People, don't get your hopes up with rumors. Just be patient and wait for the announcement.

06-12-09 03:44 PM
    If no iPhone on Verizon by the end of July.. I'm jumping ship I think...
    The new iPhone is just too much to pass up...
    06-12-09 04:17 PM
    I could never justify moving merely for the iphone. Honestly its a great phone on a sub standard network. For the price I would be paying and for the reduction in network quality I would be ready to switch back within a month.

Everyone has nasty things to say about their carrier but one thing Verizon got right was the network, now the lame choice in phones, crippling phones (however this appears to be improving), passing initially on the iphone, are another story.
    06-12-09 04:29 PM
    I could never justify moving merely for the iphone. Honestly its a great phone on a sub standard network. For the price I would be paying and for the reduction in network quality I would be ready to switch back within a month.

Everyone has nasty things to say about their carrier but one thing Verizon got right was the network, now the lame choice in phones, crippling phones (however this appears to be improving), passing initially on the iphone, are another story.
    I thought the same... but I just looked @ their map for my area and there's LOTS more blue there... So there IS hope...

I gonna hold out as long as I can... Gonna try for next WWDC...
    06-12-09 04:48 PM
    ATT has excellent coverage in Florida, that I know.
    06-12-09 10:31 PM
    If no iPhone on Verizon by the end of July.. I'm jumping ship I think...
    The new iPhone is just too much to pass up...
    The new iPhone is a beast but I could not jump to a carrier because of a phone. thats the only reason I have not jumped to ATT. I have loved every iPhone but ATT is terrible by mean. Impatiently waiting for VZW to eventually get it. Until then I think I will be happy with the Storm from the times I have used it.
    06-13-09 09:36 AM
    My upgrade date for AT&T is 12/12/09. My upgrade date for Verizon is 3/6/10. AT&T should be running scared for all the potential 3G S buyers who were put off because of the cost for ineligible users.

By 12/12, we should know a lot more about what is coming to Verizon. Palm Pre for sure. Storm 2. iPhone? I would like nothing more than to drop AT&T altogether.
    06-13-09 11:18 AM
    My upgrade date for AT&T is 12/12/09. My upgrade date for Verizon is 3/6/10. AT&T should be running scared for all the potential 3G S buyers who were put off because of the cost for ineligible users.

By 12/12, we should know a lot more about what is coming to Verizon. Palm Pre for sure. Storm 2. iPhone? I would like nothing more than to drop AT&T altogether.
    No clue what youre talking about. Ive had ATT since Feb with a Bold and just got a 16gb 3GS for $399. Tell me one other carrier who officially does that and gives you any money off before 2 years? None, so I dont think anyone has anything to complain about. ANY other carrier would have charged you the $5-600 for a smartphone until your 22-24 months are up (whereever they let you upgrade).

You signed a 2 year contract thats no one elses fault but yours that you have to wait now.

No one is running scared, ATT already sold out ALL of their pre-order 3GS stock.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 06-13-09 at 02:21 PM.
    06-13-09 02:17 PM
    No clue what youre talking about. Ive had ATT since Feb with a Bold and just got a 16gb 3GS for $399. Tell me one other carrier who officially does that and gives you any money off before 2 years? None, so I dont think anyone has anything to complain about. ANY other carrier would have charged you the $5-600 for a smartphone until your 22-24 months are up (whereever they let you upgrade).

You signed a 2 year contract thats no one elses fault but yours that you have to wait now.
    No s***t, Sherlock. I'm not complaining about the price of the iPhone. For all I care, it could cost twice what is being asked for with no commitment.

The point of my post is the targeted audience for the iPhone 3Gs. AT&T is making money hand over fist with the cost of data plans, texting, and voice minutes. For AT&T to subsidize the cost of all potential customers wouldn't even touch AT&T's bottom line.

Who is AT&T really going to get to buy a 3Gs? V1 iPhone owners for sure. 12 month early upgraders for 3G as well. How many owners are willing to pay extra now for the iPhone? AT&T is digging a deep ditch.

That is the point of my post.
    06-13-09 02:28 PM
548 ... 19202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD