06-16-09 01:57 AM
548 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I can't believe you guys are still entertaining this...lol.
    I know. I know. We're saps. Here is an interesting link to wet the fire:

Is Apple and AT&T at war?

The war between Apple and AT&T : iProng Magazine
    06-09-09 11:32 AM
    Amen. They had the whole world watching. Plus they needed something to really get people going. If they were going to make it they would've made it.
    06-09-09 11:38 AM
    You can't tell me that WWDC went well for AT&T. Just check Twitter if you are curious, search AT&T. You had Apple execs taking jabs at AT&T and you have a major portion of AT&T faithful up in arms about prices and services that aren't going to be usable until later this summer.

As an outsider I have to think something is broken between the two. Does that mean Verizon will get the iPhone soon or ever, I have no idea and frankly I don't really care. What I do know is if everything was smooth between AT&T and Apple things wouldn't have went the way they did at WWDC. Apple's discontent was shown on Monday, what will Steve do when he comes back? It should be interesting.
    06-09-09 12:19 PM
    Well we can dream right?
    06-09-09 12:22 PM
    You can't tell me that WWDC went well for AT&T. Just check Twitter if you are curious, search AT&T. You had Apple execs taking jabs at AT&T and you have a major portion of AT&T faithful up in arms about prices and services that aren't going to be usable until later this summer.

As an outsider I have to think something is broken between the two. Does that mean Verizon will get the iPhone soon or ever, I have no idea and frankly I don't really care. What I do know is if everything was smooth between AT&T and Apple things wouldn't have went the way they did at WWDC. Apple's discontent was shown on Monday, what will Steve do when he comes back? It should be interesting.
    Exactly! The damage has been done no matter what happens after this point. AT&T has been considered the laughing stock of WWDC and because of that the rumors about the iPhone on another carrier will only continue to increase. Apple has to be seeing these results along with everyone else and it is now only a question of how long they can afford to be associated with being the AT&T phone.
    06-09-09 12:27 PM
    Verizon will be so SET if the iPhone goes to them.
    06-09-09 12:27 PM
    Verizon will be so SET if the iPhone goes to them.
    Only if they had seen that when it was offered to them. But we all know that Verizon likes to break what is not broken. The iPhone would show them that they can leave thing unbroken and there user base will increase.
    Last edited by oliv2915; 06-09-09 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Fixed some typo's
    06-09-09 12:38 PM
    I know. I know. We're saps. Here is an interesting link to wet the fire:

Is Apple and AT&T at war?

The war between Apple and AT&T : iProng Magazine
    Here's another one for you from PC World

Apple to AT&T: Drop Dead - Business Center - PC World
    06-09-09 12:55 PM

If and when Verizon gets the iPhone. It is set in stone that ATT will lose at least half of there iPhone users. That day will be rejoice full.
    06-09-09 01:11 PM

Wonder how AT&T's stock looks today after all of these "favorable" reviews?
    06-09-09 01:23 PM
    06-09-09 01:32 PM
    It would of crushed records had they announced the fact they were going to start to spread the love to other carriers.
    06-09-09 02:45 PM
    Bs...bs...bs!
    06-09-09 03:00 PM
    I would love an iPhone on Verizon. Of course, I'd need to find a new website to frequent.....
    06-09-09 05:39 PM
    It will come to Verizon only question is when. Is this not what a forum is for, discussing rumors and stuff? Or did I get confused on that?
    06-09-09 05:39 PM
    Another data point suggesting that onthelowlow is a troll is found from Scott Bourne's Tweets. In the Mac Break weekly podcast, he had indicated a high level discussion with an individual from Verizon suggested a Verizon iPhone was coming soon.

Scott's Tweets show he has just pre-ordered an iPhone 3Gs. Scott had relayed during the podcast his unhappiness with AT&T and that he couldn't wait to leave. The fact that he has just re-upped with AT&T for two more years does not bode well for an iPhone on Verizon any time soon.
    06-09-09 06:12 PM
    It will come to Verizon only question is when. Is this not what a forum is for, discussing rumors and stuff? Or did I get confused on that?
    "When" is becoming less and less of a factor for me. My Storm has been giving me nothing but problems that past couple days.
    06-09-09 06:13 PM
    I just talked to a friened of mine who works for at&t and he told me too that heard apple is in talks with verizon about a iphone coming to them. I'm going to go with onthelowlow on this one. With all the bashing at&t took at WWDC yesterday there is no way i see the iphone staying on there network unless at&t likes being someone's prison [email protected]#ch
    06-09-09 06:30 PM
    Another data point suggesting that onthelowlow is a troll is found from Scott Bourne's Tweets. In the Mac Break weekly podcast, he had indicated a high level discussion with an individual from Verizon suggested a Verizon iPhone was coming soon.

Scott's Tweets show he has just pre-ordered an iPhone 3Gs. Scott had relayed during the podcast his unhappiness with AT&T and that he couldn't wait to leave. The fact that he has just re-upped with AT&T for two more years does not bode well for an iPhone on Verizon any time soon.
    Well Scott Bourne was obviously going to get the next iPhone whenever it came out. If you listen to their netcast it doesn't seem like money is too much of an issue for him and I'm sure if a new iPhone came out to Verizon in a few months he would purchase that one too.
    06-09-09 06:55 PM
    I predict this so called rift with At&t will grow in the next few weeks. Its obvious whats happening.
    06-09-09 09:18 PM
    I've been reading this thread with interest since the beginning, and it actually inspired me to register and post. I'm a Verizon user who's been salivating for an Iphone since they came out (I've been making do with running applets on my Ipod Touch and dreaming of better things to come). I read Apple's attitude at WWDC as calculated peremptive damage control. That is, I think they have every intention of breaking their contract with AT&T; I'm more convinced than ever after following the WWDC feeds. If they do that, and if they want to avoid looking like the bad guy in the story, they need to make it appear that they had *no choice* if they want to support their users. After all, if they want to give tethering and MMS to the masses, and if their provider can't provide, well, what's a company to do? :-) If they'd wanted AT&T to look better, they wouldn't have released features they couldn't support until AT&T was fully ready to support them. They didn't do that. Why? It's clear to me that they want AT&T to look bad. And why would they want to do that? So they can dump them and look like champions of the people. It's a bit underhanded, but since I really want the Ipod on Verizon, I'm cheering them on.
    06-09-09 10:53 PM
    I agree with crashdown. If you are in partner with some one you expect them to provide the resorces needed to get the job done. In this case we have ATT that does have the abilty to provide tethering or MMS support. Apple wants there customers to have what they can find in any phone. So in order to do that they have to move on to other means of maken there cusrtomers happy and make there customer base group. If it requires them to breal contract then so be it. I know Apple and there lawyers have been looking at the fees that come with the breach but the pay out would be in the millions or eveb billions. I am with low low as well. I don't plan on seeing it this month. I due plan on seeing something big this year. It will happen when we least expect it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:08 PM
    let's not forget AT&T wasn't the first choice for apple to deliver the iphone to in the first place and i feel that for the first time Big Red is realizing that in some situations customer service can't be the only that keeps you #1. I can understand where Verizon was coming from when they decided to pass on the iphone because of the control apple wanted as far as activation was concerned and some other issues. Now in order to activate your iphone you have to go through some kind of rep at at&t so verizon's customer service is back in the picture when and if they do decide to release the iphone for verizon
    06-10-09 02:06 AM
    Maybe onthelowlow is confused. It may not be the iPhone that's coming to Verizon, but the Palm Pre. More and more stories are circulating that Verizon expects the Pre in January. Of course this comes in contrast to last week's comments by the Sprint CEO.
    06-10-09 08:17 AM
    You know one thing that is funny: people wanted to slam apple for the way that they went about app installing process for the iphone and making it proprietary to itunes only, but look at the success it had. To be honest i like it like that cause all the apps are in one location, i don't have to check a forum constantly to see what good and new apps are out for my phone, because RIM forgot to add a feature in there app world the would tell me what apps work for my phone. That is the biggest advantage i see with iphone and Apple is working on ways to help the business, while allowing the app store to appeal to the consumer. Verizon should have learned a lesson from all the MAC vs. PC wars going on right now, that the iphone was going to be successful.
    06-10-09 11:46 AM
548 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD