Well i think the complainers are the most vocal and the vast minority. the pre-order stock has already been completely blown through and its still a week before launch. I dont see them having a problem getting these out the door really.
    06-13-09 02:45 PM
    Well i think the complainers are the most vocal and the vast minority. the pre-order stock has already been completely blown through and its still a week before launch. I dont see them having a problem getting these out the door really.
    I agree.

Reports are coming in that AT&T online stores have depleted their inventory. No word yet from Apple online.
    06-13-09 02:50 PM
    I have been reading engadget for several years now a couple times a day and have seen a bunch of posts pertaining to the new iPhones… Let’s look at the facts:

First:
    iPhone OS 3.0 firmware unearths new iPhones and new iPod touches?

The Dev kit iPhone 3.0 firmware was released a few weeks prior to WWDC and in usual fashion someone with way too much time on their hands ripped it apart looking for clues to the next version of the iphone. Low and behold they found mention of not one but two new iterations of the iPhone including the designations for the previous iPhones. The iPhone 3G’s code is ‘iPhone1,2’ but in the firmware there were mentions of 2 new designations, ‘iPhone2,1’ and ‘iPhone3,1’. With there being TWO codes for upcoming iPhones and only one new iPhone released it is very very likely that there will be another new iPhone released in the near future to fill this mysterious ‘iPhone3,1’ designation. Furthermore, as it has been stated multiple times throughout this thread there needs to be a significant change to the current iPhone in order to make it null to ATT’s exclusivity contract. I believe that an iPhone with a whole new version number could point to a drastic enough change to not be covered by ATT’s contract.

Second:
    Matching IDs suggest fake matte iPhones may not have been so fake
    There were several reports of a rubber coated metal casing for the new iPhone which has obviously not surfaced as of yet. Engadget managed to get a spy shot of one of the rubber cases and it was placed on the site. Another ambitious reader compared the FCC ID’s of the pictured case to that in the FCC database and noticed that they actually pointed to a real product. With the matte finish having a real FCC ID this is some more supporting information to a new version of the iPhone. The only flaw I see in this is that a CDMA iPhone would likely have a different FCC ID, so this point may be moot but I figured I’d bring it up anyway.

Third:
    Jobs loves to throw out his and one more thing line, as the CEO of the company I would assume that he would want to announce a new product line himself. I believe that there will be another press conference when he is healthy enough to return and I believe that there will be something waiting for us (vzw subscribers). Also supporting the fact for another press conference is the presence of new revision numbers for the iPod in the firmware. And if anyone remembers WWDC there were no iPods released.
    I am not claiming to know any kind of insider info and I am not agreeing with or rebutting onthelowlow I am just presenting the facts… That’s not saying that I don’t hope onthelowlow isn’t correct though.. haha. Let me know what you think.
    06-14-09 01:21 PM
    @azwillnj

Who knows....all i know is Verizon is talking with Apple, they have been talking for months, even when Steve Jobs was sick. Why would they not leave Steve Jobs alone while he's sick at home resting? Does anyone know what the next Apple event is?
    06-14-09 07:17 PM
    @azwillnj

Who knows....all i know is Verizon is talking with Apple, they have been talking for months, even when Steve Jobs was sick. Why would they not leave Steve Jobs alone while he's sick at home resting? Does anyone know what the next Apple event is?
    Usually in the fall...
    We shall see...
    06-14-09 07:31 PM
    06-14-09 07:38 PM
    Its was rumored last year that Apple had prototypes of Iphones with qwertys. Also interesting is that units were sent to 'carriers' for testing. That would be interesting if it come out for Verizon.

http://crackberry.com/steve-jobs-con...-slider-iphone
    06-14-09 08:48 PM
    Its was rumored last year that Apple had prototypes of Iphones with qwertys. Also interesting is that units were sent to 'carriers' for testing. That would be interesting if it come out for Verizon.

http://crackberry.com/steve-jobs-con...-slider-iphone
    Ohh say it isn't so...
    No No No...
    06-14-09 09:32 PM
    Believe what you want, I am not onthelowlow posing as a newbie, I have been with Verizon since the little Kyocera slider and again - hate my current phone (voyager) and I think azwillnj makes a good point with the tidbits in his post about the firmware and the matte finishes..Like the article says, it could just be for new ipods, or..new other-carrier-Iphones..And as far as the matte, If you look back historically at the rumors about the Verizon Iphone pre-nuptial, there was always the point it would be different than AT&T's Iphone. Wouldn't this be that slight difference? And as it was said for earlier on this post, that is what the lawyers are for - to negotiate the legality of the matters..
    06-15-09 08:22 AM
    I really hope there is an announcement soon - my plan is due for an upgrade. Does anyone know the date that Steve Jobs is coming back to work at Apple?
    06-15-09 08:50 AM
    The early word is he will return to the helm at the Almighty Apple at the end of this month with some big release @ a press conference, probably his 'One more thing..' additions - if you look back on this post the insider/troll/****** onthelowlow said that the big news will be 30-45 days which would take use to the end of the month or even into july...
    06-15-09 09:04 AM
    Hasn't been announced yet. Only thing out there is that he is on target to meet the end of June prediction made when he left.
    06-15-09 09:06 AM
    No official date has been released yet but I find it [I]really[I] interesting that Verizon has been in communication as he has been battling his protein defficiency problems and been on sick leave - I hope it is the big news that the collective VZW world has been waiting to hear..
    06-15-09 09:33 AM
    You people crack me up holding any speculation as truth or is it hope that the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

NewAtThisGame and OnTheLow have certainly found the niche in life suckering the gullible into believing their alternate realities.

Fact: The exclusivity agreement between AT$T and Apple is not up until sometime in 2010 providing the agreement doesn't get extended.

Why people continue to believe anything and everything these newbies say is mind boggling to say the least.
    06-15-09 11:19 AM
    I don't know why I keep coming back here and reading.. I know I just gonna end up with the dam storm for another year.. argg.g..
    06-15-09 11:19 AM
    I really don't think anything will come of this until Verizon makes the leap to LTE. Its kinda fun though speculating with the group. I would be shocked if Steveo made the big announcement when he comes back.
    06-15-09 11:25 AM
    I thought this was interesting it looks like a bunch of senators are asking to FCC to take a look at Carrier-Phone exclusivities to see if it restricts consumer choice. This doesn't necessarily impact Verizon and the iPhone though because even if the FCC ruled that the iPhone couldn't be exclusive it wouldn't mean that Apple would have to make a CDMA version. Although this possible could be an easy way out of their contract with AT&T. Just a few thoughts.

washingtonpost.com
    06-15-09 04:33 PM
    You people crack me up holding any speculation as truth or is it hope that the iPhone is coming to Verizon.

NewAtThisGame and OnTheLow have certainly found the niche in life suckering the gullible into believing their alternate realities.

Fact: The exclusivity agreement between AT$T and Apple is not up until sometime in 2010 providing the agreement doesn't get extended.

Why people continue to believe anything and everything these newbies say is mind boggling to say the least.
    ER, Its funny that you feel so vehemently about this; have you never believed something? Or is everything you hear a lie?
    The answer isnt important. What is important is that none of us get to dictate what others should/not believe.

And as this thread and others like it have shown is that their are many people who want to believe because having the iPhone come to the big V is something that want.
    06-15-09 04:42 PM
    I dont believe it'll be the iPhone as I've said MANY times on this site..

It will be a iPhone LITE, or LIKE, or something similiar.. but 'iPhone' it will not be.

They could put a CDMA/LTE radio inside the iPod Touch and call it something else and THAT could be whats coming to Verizon..
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-15-09 at 05:02 PM.
    06-15-09 04:59 PM

Most of us don't expect the Iphone for Verizon until next year so i don't know what you're talking about. What many of us are hoping for is the announcement this year. I remember last year there was a rumor that it would be announced at Macworld this year and nothing happened, then WDDC and nothing happened. Regardless, Verizon and Apple are talking and they wouldn't keep talking if both sides didn't think they could reach an agreement for next year.
    06-15-09 07:35 PM
    06-15-09 10:56 PM
    Stupid video won't play for me...

LOL, won't play in Safari.. lol
    Had to fire up Firefox lol...
    Last edited by xxfire; 06-15-09 at 11:09 PM.
    06-15-09 11:05 PM
    If it's any help, I was told by a mod from another site (one of our sibling sites) that Mr. OnTheLowLow was banned for BS on their site.

Heard this a couple days after he posted it.

This topic is definitely closed. Let it go on too long.
    06-16-09 12:57 AM
548 ... 202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD