I was really hoping for a Verizon iPhone, but I shouldn't be surprised. To say it will be announced in 30 to 45 days though, I think is crazy. It would be really odd for Apple to announce a brand new phone on Verizon so soon after announcing the 3GS. It's the kind of thing that would be a huge event and I don't see that happening for awhile. I plan on switching to get the new phone because it has so many benefits for me. When they announce a Verizon iphone I will come back.
    06-10-09 01:52 PM
    I would sure like to hear from Onthelowlow. Maybe he should join our conversations again and explain why he says 30-45 days. Is this for the so called iphone pro announcement or a Verizon iphone?
    06-10-09 02:32 PM
    I would sure like to hear from Onthelowlow. Maybe he should join our conversations again and explain why he says 30-45 days. Is this for the so called iphone pro announcement or a Verizon iphone?
    Irrespective of a Verizon iPhone being announced, I would assume the 30-45 days is approximately the date of Steve's return to Apple from medical leave. Will he return quietly or with great fan fare?

If you look at Onethelowlow's posting history, you will see that the majority if not all of his postings have been to support this "discovery" that an iPhone is imminent on Verizon.

I wouldn't think much of it if Onethelowlow was a genuine Crackberry poster - someone who frequents (not just lurks) the site, asks questions and answers posts. Right now, his track record spells Troll.
    06-10-09 02:46 PM
    Just got an email from apple with the june 19th relase date of the iPhone 3G S. If apple plans to break contract why would they be releasing a fancier version of the phone on at&t?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 03:36 PM
    30-45 days makes perfect sense if you assume (as I theorize) that Apple is planning this thing in phases. Phase I is Operation Make AT&T Look Bad. That phase involves releasing features that AT&T can't/won't support at launch, and taking pot shots at them at the WWDC keynote. Phase II (after the grumbles turn to disgruntled roars on the Internet and in the media) will involve announcing the Verizon Iphone. If Apple does it this way, they can look as though they're responsive to user needs and not simply hungry to double the number of Iphone sales--much better press for them. It's Machiavellian, but it's my working theory du jour.
    06-10-09 03:36 PM
    30-45 days makes perfect sense if you assume (as I theorize) that Apple is planning this thing in phases. Phase I is Operation Make AT&T Look Bad. That phase involves releasing features that AT&T can't/won't support at launch, and taking pot shots at them at the WWDC keynote. Phase II (after the grumbles turn to disgruntled roars on the Internet and in the media) will involve announcing the Verizon Iphone. If Apple does it this way, they can look as though they're responsive to user needs and not simply hungry to double the number of Iphone sales--much better press for them. It's Machiavellian, but it's my working theory du jour.

REMEMBER... APPLE made the decision to bring the IPhone to AT&T. IF that resulted in less than what they wanted, they have to live with that decision. Going around and bad mouthing and pointing fingers is always perceived as tacky and childish, especially in the business world.

I am not a big fan of AT&T (for many reasons), but remember they aren't having issues on other devices like they are having on the IPhone. Regardless of what anyone else says, that is the bottom line. The vast majority of consumers only care about one thing - that what they want is what they get. If they can't get it from the IPhone - regardless of who is to blame - they will get another device.

If Apple plans on putting it on another carrier, they want to know that they will still be able to sell their devices.

For anyone that has followed Apple/Mac through the years, it's just par for the course, and it gets old. Like I said, I'm not a fan of AT&T by all means... But in the business world, its often common knowledge that the person making the most complaints, is usually doing it to distract everyone from their own flaws.

Again, so typical for Apple/Mac...Whine,whine... The IPhone is a neat little device but I just lose more respect for Apple every day. Its even worse when they have such good potential.
    06-10-09 05:00 PM
    I love this thread... it's probably one of the more active threads on CB and it's for the dam* iPhone... Here's some devils advocate for you... What if the iPhone comes to Verizon and AT&T was right all along... The thing just absolutely eats the network alive as everyone flocks to get the vPhone... Just some food for thought.
    06-10-09 05:13 PM
    I love this thread... it's probably one of the more active threads on CB and it's for the dam* iPhone... Here's some devils advocate for you... What if the iPhone comes to Verizon and AT&T was right all along... The thing just absolutely eats the network alive as everyone flocks to get the vPhone... Just some food for thought.
    That's exactly my point. Until I know what is really causing the problems, I would not buy the phone. It's easy to blame the carrier for everything, but when you consider the other devices on AT&T are not having these issues... very strange isn't it? Who says then that the iPhone wouldn't have the exact same issues on VZW?

And I love devils advocate or else I wouldn't even have responded. But this reeks of typical Apple behavior - bring something revolutionary to the market place - and then be totally snooty about it, stubborn, refuse to have Apple accept responsibilities for its problems, and then watch it never take off like it should have. Apple II, Lisa, Newton, etc, etc, etc... The iPod/iTouch and iPhone devices were the best thing they had going for a long time. Competition is necessary in our capitalist society, so I want nothing more than for the iPhone to stay around for a very, very long time. As long as the iPhone gets better, so does RIM, and at an accelerated rate for both.

But Lordy be, they just irritate me with their stubborness, whining, and finger pointing! I've already imagined myself buying the iPhone at VZW, and having all kinds of issues with it.. And Apple saying, "Don't blame us!" I will end that train of thought there, because it's already giving me a headache, imaging myself on the phone with VZW Tech Support telling me to call Apple and Apple telling me to call VZW Tech Support...
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 06-10-09 at 05:34 PM.
    06-10-09 05:31 PM
    It's not Apple's fault.. at all. The iPhone doesn't compress data like ALL the other phones do.. When you are viewing images, pictures on websites, that's full blown images like you'd get on your PC.

view the same website on a Blackberry and you'll notice the color gradiants on the images are lower..because it's compressed.

AT&T's network just can't handle the iPhone's hogging-ness. The current iPhone 3G supports HSDPA, but AT&T disabled it.

What makes people think it'll come to the next iPhone 3GS? I dont get it.. if AT&T will disable the lower HSDPA for this 3G, why enable it for the newer model?

The reason people get dropped calls is because when your device switches between 2G and 3G or 3G to 2G and you're on a call? call handoff = fails and it disconnects. This is AT&T's fault, 100%.

Take the SIM chip out of your iPhone and use WIFI on it and see what happens.. it functions flawlessly.
    06-10-09 05:51 PM
    The reason people get dropped calls is because when your device switches between 2G and 3G or 3G to 2G and you're on a call? call handoff = fails and it disconnects. This is AT&T's fault, 100%.

Take the SIM chip out of your iPhone and use WIFI on it and see what happens.. it functions flawlessly.
    Then why aren't the other devices (specifically RIM devices) having this problem? Read the consumer reports... It's all over. I found thousands of hits on this very discussion on Google, and lots of varying opinions. The problem could just as easily be how the hardware communicates with the network as how the network communicates with the hardware.
    06-10-09 05:58 PM
    The ONLY 3G GSM Blackberry is the Bold 9000, and it definitely, 100% does this same thing. I've got many of them in my orginization and have all heard complaints about this.. the only way to fix it on ATT is to debrand it and disable 3G. (not the only way, but thats the way I fix it.)

All the other 3G Blackberrys are CDMA and their entire network is 3G, so there's no handoff.

This isn't specific to Blackberrys and the iPhone.. Why do you think AT&T has the worst reputation for dropped calls? Their entire line of 3G devices have this issue.. (or at least every single one I've tried does.. and I've tried alooooot of AT&T phones.)

Specificially the issue is when a call gets handed off from one tower to another and let's say tower A is on 3G, and tower B is 2G.. call drops.

EDIT: Phone's I've had include, 9000 and iPhone, HTC Tilt, HTC Fuze, and a plethra of cheap flip 3G phones.. this is only in reference to AT&T devices.. I've had alot of Verizon/Sprint devices also.
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-10-09 at 07:12 PM.
    06-10-09 07:04 PM
    Very Interesting. I'm not sure what to believe.
    06-10-09 07:12 PM
    Simple choice. Red pill or blue pill?
    06-10-09 08:06 PM
    Just got an email from apple with the june 19th relase date of the iPhone 3G S. If apple plans to break contract why would they be releasing a fancier version of the phone on at&t?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't think anyone is saying they're going to break contract. The contract expires JUN/JULY 2010. It just seems they are getting ready to add Verizon or switch altogether. So i would be watchful of what Steve jobs says when he returns in a few weeks. Let the Steve Jobs watch begin...................
    Last edited by matrix2004; 06-10-09 at 08:21 PM.
    06-10-09 08:17 PM
    Hey go check this out. Engadget is saying that the pictures of the matte iPhone may not have been faked. I'm not saying they are a different phone meant for Verizon but it is interesting.
    Matching IDs suggest fake matte iPhones may not have been so fake
    06-10-09 10:47 PM
    You guys always seeme to teach me something new I love this site.
    06-11-09 12:38 AM
    This just in..........

We still don't know squat! Bottom line, don't hold your breath. We are a year minimum before you hear/know anything.......but minutes before someone reports MORE.
    06-11-09 06:07 AM
    That was exactly my point. This user has 2 posts, and I am not picking on poor Ronald whatsoever... But the perfect example that for people who aren't totally smart phone obsessed, they will not know which to believe. The fact remains that there are a lot of conflicting reports out there. The truth may be that AT&T is to blame. I am not saying that it isn't, I was playing devil's advocate. It is good to know the Bold is experiencing the same issues, because it does obviously point out that the problem lies somewhere in the TDMA/GSM/3G switches with AT&T.

More the reason why Apple is bashing AT&T so loudly. They want to make sure that when they decide to bring the iPhone to other carriers. If I was T-Mobile, I'd be finding a way to expand my coverage enough to go after getting the iPhone before VZW does. As the fourth largest carrier in the US, they would easily surpass Sprint and pick up a huge number of new subscribers with this move. Plus the iPhone already has GSM technology, so it'd be easier to sell the idea to Apple.
    06-11-09 07:10 AM
    REMEMBER... APPLE made the decision to bring the IPhone to AT&T. IF that resulted in less than what they wanted, they have to live with that decision. Going around and bad mouthing and pointing fingers is always perceived as tacky and childish, especially in the business world.

I am not a big fan of AT&T (for many reasons), but remember they aren't having issues on other devices like they are having on the IPhone. Regardless of what anyone else says, that is the bottom line. The vast majority of consumers only care about one thing - that what they want is what they get. If they can't get it from the IPhone - regardless of who is to blame - they will get another device.

If Apple plans on putting it on another carrier, they want to know that they will still be able to sell their devices.

For anyone that has followed Apple/Mac through the years, it's just par for the course, and it gets old. Like I said, I'm not a fan of AT&T by all means... But in the business world, its often common knowledge that the person making the most complaints, is usually doing it to distract everyone from their own flaws.

Again, so typical for Apple/Mac...Whine,whine... The IPhone is a neat little device but I just lose more respect for Apple every day. Its even worse when they have such good potential.
    You can't really compare a business to a person, first of all there's no morals in business. It's normal for a company to release propaganda because they got the less part of the deal.

Here's a little business 101, maximize profit by any means necessary; doesn't matter if its sloppy, childish, or tacky, as long as they get what they want.
    06-11-09 10:53 AM
    Just because the contract is [B]supposed[B] to end in 2010, it doesn't mean that it's that summer. They could have entered into that contract early in the year. No one really knows the specifics of that illustrious contract anyway. However, I'm holding out in hopes of a Verizon iPhone. I love my BB, but I'd love an all-in-one device. I will never be an ATT customer. So maybe the next-gen iPhone will be on a better carrier than yucky ATT!!
    06-11-09 02:58 PM
    Just because the contract is [B]supposed[B] to end in 2010, it doesn't mean that it's that summer. They could have entered into that contract early in the year. No one really knows the specifics of that illustrious contract anyway. However, I'm holding out in hopes of a Verizon iPhone. I love my BB, but I'd love an all-in-one device. I will never be an ATT customer. So maybe the next-gen iPhone will be on a better carrier than yucky ATT!!
    Are you on t-mobile saying yucky at&t? That's funny. Do yall have any 3G phones yet? Just wondering.
    06-11-09 03:56 PM
    Are you on t-mobile saying yucky at&t? That's funny. Do yall have any 3G phones yet? Just wondering.

I am guessing that you are being sarcastic because T-Mobile has had 3G for some time now. What exactly would you say would make ATT better than T-Mobile? I have a lot better coverage on my old T-Mobile phone than any ATT phone does.
    06-11-09 06:35 PM
    You can't really compare a business to a person, first of all there's no morals in business. It's normal for a company to release propaganda because they got the less part of the deal.

Here's a little business 101, maximize profit by any means necessary; doesn't matter if its sloppy, childish, or tacky, as long as they get what they want.
    I agree that there are no morals in business. But the propaganda should really try to be more convincing!!
    06-11-09 06:42 PM
    I I have a lot better coverage on my old T-Mobile phone than any ATT phone does.
    And T-Mobile has horrible coverage where I live so I guess they are yucky too right? T-Mobile also picked 3G bands that no other carrier uses. Real smart. That's why you guys haven't seen a 3G BB yet.
    06-11-09 07:56 PM
    This poster says Verizon Iphone coming January 2010, Apple help desk already training.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...8/#post2787862
    06-11-09 09:39 PM
548 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD