Doesn't say exclusively, though, does it? Also, that's all fine and dandy, but wouldn't they put AT&T 3G on the picture on the main page? It doesn't make sense.
    06-08-09 05:12 PM
    From apple.com's web page regarding the new iphone 3GS....

But, we all already knew that, didn't we?
    Yes we did. Thats a real shame. It'll be intresting to see what happens when the contract ends. - Sigh - ...

I know when I am bored I Read a book, or watch a movie.
    But I guess some people like to create a false CrackBerry account, and lie about things they know nothing about. I never really fully believed, but it really did make sense. Hopefully the multi-carriers does come soon.
    06-08-09 05:16 PM
    Wow, that was a heck of a troll.
    06-08-09 05:18 PM
    I still think there is hope later in June as Scott Bourne (Macbreak Weekly) was talking about along with his "insider" Verizon Wireless source.
    06-08-09 05:25 PM
    Wow, that was a heck of a troll.
    x2.

Although I was skeptical of the claim, I still checked out the wwdc today, even though I dont care about the iPhone. So I guess he got me too.
    06-08-09 05:58 PM
    I still think there is hope later in June as Scott Bourne (Macbreak Weekly) was talking about along with his "insider" Verizon Wireless source.
    True. Does anyone know when the next Apple event is? Its supposed to be when Jobs comes back near the end of June from what i heard.

Unless Scott Bourne's insider was the OP. That would be funny.
    06-08-09 08:33 PM
    I don't know why people keep saying that Verizon is getting the Iphone soon. I work for Verizon Wireless and I can PROMISE you that its not even in the works yet and no there is no online training with our VZlearns for this phone. Exclusively through AT&T. I'm sorry I just have customers coming in and arguing with me because of miscommunication. Just like they heard that the Storm 2 is coming out next month. Thats another miscommunication. The Storm 2 is being planned but they haven't even made one yet. Once they make it, they have to work out all the kinks which can take a year to do then they will release it. The original Storm was supposed to be releases May 2008 and was pushed back to November 2008 and it still wasn't ready for release.
    06-08-09 09:36 PM
    I don't know why people keep saying that Verizon is getting the Iphone soon. I work for Verizon Wireless and I can PROMISE you that its not even in the works yet and no there is no online training with our VZlearns for this phone. Exclusively through AT&T. I'm sorry I just have customers coming in and arguing with me because of miscommunication. Just like they heard that the Storm 2 is coming out next month. Thats another miscommunication. The Storm 2 is being planned but they haven't even made one yet. Once they make it, they have to work out all the kinks which can take a year to do then they will release it. The original Storm was supposed to be releases May 2008 and was pushed back to November 2008 and it still wasn't ready for release.
    Thanks, and welcome to Crackberry. I promise I will associate orders of magnitude more credibility to posters who clearly work for VZW than the two shady suspects who started and fed this thread.
    06-08-09 09:54 PM
    What about all the quasi-substantiated rumors for the new iPhone that didn't show up today? The glowing Apple logo...the matte back finish...the color-matched bezel...the front-facing iChat video camera...

Unless these were all very well-done Photoshop jobs, is it out of the realm of possibility that they could be from an alternate iPhone design to be offered to another US carrier (or carriers) at some date in the not so distant future?

If anyone would like to bring up the exclusivity contract with AT&T (Apple basically threw them under the bus at WWDC), wherever there are lawyers, there are contracts that can be broken, renegotiated, nullified or bought-out.

Just food for thought.
    06-08-09 10:07 PM
    What about all the quasi-substantiated rumors for the new iPhone that didn't show up today? The glowing Apple logo...the matte back finish...the color-matched bezel...the front-facing iChat video camera...

Unless these were all very well-done Photoshop jobs, is it out of the realm of possibility that they could be from an alternate iPhone design to be offered to another US carrier (or carriers) at some date in the not so distant future?

If anyone would like to bring up the exclusivity contract with AT&T (Apple basically threw them under the bus at WWDC), wherever there are lawyers, there are contracts that can be broken, renegotiated, nullified or bought-out.

Just food for thought.
    I was thinking the same thing and what about the CDMA version that they are making for China they didn't say anything about that either
    06-08-09 10:52 PM
    I think its pretty safe to say it is not coming and I think most people saying what if are just trying to find something to give them hope. I wish it were true too, I love the iPhone, but it will have to wait another year it looks like.

BTW people saying the new one is not a big deal or the new OS is not a big deal are nuts. Perhaps the higher capacity or speed do not entice you, me I think the iPhone just cemented its superiority for another year. OS 3.0, however, seems amazing. I LOVE the voice control and how many different ways it can be used. The turn by turn GPS is going to hurt GPS makers too!
    06-08-09 11:06 PM
    People have supposively seen the iPhone with the glowing back. I wonder if there is still the possibility of the rumored Pro models.
    06-09-09 12:23 AM
    People have supposively seen the iPhone with the glowing back. I wonder if there is still the possibility of the rumored Pro models.
    I betcha all thought that you wouldn't see me again. No chance! I know everyone is disappointed that there was no announcement of the iphone today for Verizon. Don't be there will be an announce for an iphone that we will still receive on the big VZW this year.

There were some last minute changes that unfortunately I did not know about. Know this that a iphone Pro type model does exist. It will be announce within the next 30-45 days by Steve himself. I apologize for the let down that we all experienced today, but it wont be for long.
    06-09-09 12:28 AM
    I betcha all thought that you wouldn't see me again. No chance! I know everyone is disappointed that there was no announcement of the iphone today for Verizon. Don't be, there will be an announcement for an iphone that we will still receive on the big VZW this year.

There were some last minute changes that unfortunately I did not know about. Know this that a iphone Pro type model does exist. It will be announce within the next 30-45 days by Steve himself. I apologize for the let down that we all experienced today, but it wont be for long.
    06-09-09 12:29 AM
    I betcha all thought that you wouldn't see me again. No chance! I know everyone is disappointed that there was no announcement of the iphone today for Verizon. Don't be, there will be an announcement for an iphone that we will still receive on the big VZW this year.

Uh oh. Let the flames/sucking up begin.
    06-09-09 12:32 AM
    I betcha all thought that you wouldn't see me again. No chance! I know everyone is disappointed that there was no announcement of the iphone today for Verizon. Don't be there will be an announce for an iphone that we will still receive on the big VZW this year.

ok SO if I wait 60 days and not on Verizon, I can hold you accountable ?
    I'm so ready to jump ship to ATT.. but ATT is just THAT bad ! pout
    06-09-09 12:48 AM
    On the low is a pro troll. He just keeps at it.
    06-09-09 02:10 AM
    Now, you guys may be getting just a bit too worked up here. As I said, other very credible people in the media have said that they have received that exact same information, so let's wait until the end of June before you guys start beating up on someone. Patience...
    06-09-09 05:58 AM
    Now, you guys may be getting just a bit too worked up here. As I said, other very credible people in the media have said that they have received that exact same information, so let's wait until the end of June before you guys start beating up on someone. Patience...
    I agree. I still have high hopes. I would love to have the iPhone but I cant stand ATT. Lets all wait till the end of the month to see what happens.
    06-09-09 06:10 AM
    Interesting thoughts from the Washington Post. For current iPhone 3G owners, you may want to think twice about upgrading now to the 3Gs (as though the $200 premium wasn't enough). You could be trapping yourself.

washingtonpost.com
    06-09-09 07:48 AM

You know...I just can't help but NOT believe you. All I can say is where is the proof? I would have to see something...of course without risking your job...in order to believe again. Don't get me wrong though, I really really want an iPhone.
    06-09-09 08:03 AM
    Well I have no choice but to wait till at least July because that is when my contract is up with Verizon. I really don't want to switch to AT&T especially after the beating that they received at WWDC but I might just have to bight the bullet and put up with an inferior carrier(where I live at least) to get the phone I want.
    06-09-09 08:42 AM
    Well I have no choice but to wait till at least July because that is when my contract is up with Verizon. I really don't want to switch to AT&T especially after the beating that they received at WWDC but I might just have to bight the bullet and put up with an inferior carrier(where I live at least) to get the phone I want.
    Sounds like me. I'll be eligible for a subsidized upgrade for the iPhone 3Gs in December. I'll be eligible for my annual upgrade for my Storm in March. My AT&T contract for the iPhone 3G expires in July. I would love to upgrade my Storm to the iPhone and ditch my AT&T contract.

The Washington Post article makes me glad I have my hormones currently in check so that I don't feel I need to make a rash decision at this time. Gets old having to add an extra line because I want a new phone.
    06-09-09 08:56 AM
    Onthelowlow, I await the pudding. If they do, do something I hope they do it soon. My contract with T-Mobile ends soon and I want to switch to VZW. Its either the Storm or the mystery iPhone for me.
    06-09-09 09:41 AM
    I can't believe you guys are still entertaining this...lol.
    06-09-09 10:22 AM
548 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD