I am so glad I listened to the original poster and his amazing (thank you so much for risking your job with "insider info" on the forums) sources. I can't wait to get my iphone on verizon today. Oh wait, you were full of it. Thank you, have a nice day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 02:33 PM
    lol...this thread was ridiculous from the start...I mean didn't the EXCLUSIVITY contract between AT&T and Apple to 2010 mean anything to anyone?

Everyone always says this. Have you seen this contract? Do we know for a fact that this is the case? Or is it merely bs like "reports indicate AT&T has a deal with Apple blah blah blah...."

If Apple is as smart as people (read: fanboys) think they are...do you think they would lock themselves into ONE carrier with NO OUTS if it meant them losing out on one single possible dollar...I doubt it.

However...I, along with 99% of the posters in here, have no idea. Merely an opinion.
    06-08-09 02:41 PM
    UPDATE!

Guess what's coming next year!!! Another set of trolls ready to stir up the forums. Stay tuned...

Sucks that it wasn't anything major but oh well. That gives us time to enjoy our devices some more and also have Verizon get their acquisition all finalized with Alltel.

This thread can be locked.
    06-08-09 02:42 PM
    Where is the iPhone on VZW? Bueller....Bueller... anyone... Too funny how many people on here are full of utter crap..
    06-08-09 02:47 PM
    It is confirmed that iphone is coming to vzw...date? Very soon...there is a training for all emp on the internal training intranet website. Stay tune folks...

Any comments TheWorthlessOne?
    06-08-09 02:49 PM
    don't know if there is a thread yet but, iphone 3Gs is going to be the killer for the storm! 32GB and the software doesn't stink! Very reponsive...When will RIM have a good working software for the STORM?
    06-08-09 02:51 PM
    don't know if there is a thread yet but, iphone 3Gs is going to be the killer for the storm! 32GB and the software doesn't stink! Very reponsive...When will RIM have a good working software for the STORM?
    Don't know. Send a PM to thenamelessone or onthelowlow. They seem to know the intricacies of Verizon phone development and release.
    06-08-09 02:57 PM
    Don't know. Send a PM to thenamelessone or onthelowlow. They seem to know the intricacies of Verizon phone development and release.
    HAHAHAHA!!! I can't stop laughing at that one!! Priceless
    06-08-09 02:59 PM
    Where is the iPhone on VZW? Bueller....Bueller... anyone... Too funny how many people on here are full of utter crap..
    lol i laughed at this one...
    06-08-09 03:10 PM
    That was great too!!!
    06-08-09 03:20 PM
    To all I know you have heard the saying "The proof is in the pudding". Just be patient we basically have only 3 more days. As far as the hush hush on the VZW Iphone. What did you really expect. There have been a couple of places recently who are putting out information also. I can only reveal so much as you already know, but I have no reason to come on the forum and waste my time to type up a false rumor to get you and everyone else all excited. just like you I want the iphone on Verizon. So see ya Monday and I will be accepting all apologies graciously. WWDC will have some surprises for you all. Mark my words

This was 3 days ago.. Can you hear me now? Oh wait..it's NOT coming to Verizon in '09..
    06-08-09 03:26 PM
    I think onthelowlow may have something up his sleeve. Every blog has publicly commented on the fact that Apple was bashing AT&T throughout the entire keynote and when I went to Apple.com today, I found something very interesting. Here is a press image of the original iPhone 3G:

And here is the press image for the iPhone 3GS:

Notice anything different? The AT&T that was on the top left of the status bar is no longer there, only replaced by a 3G. So, no carrier is specified. Plus, you saw how much Apple execs were bashing AT&T. What do you all think? Suspicious enough?
    06-08-09 04:01 PM
    I think onthelowlow may have something up his sleeve. Every blog has publicly commented on the fact that Apple was bashing AT&T throughout the entire keynote and when I went to Apple.com today, I found something very interesting. Here is a press image of the original iPhone 3G:

And here is the press image for the iPhone 3GS:

Notice anything different? The AT&T that was on the top left of the status bar is no longer there, only replaced by a 3G. So, no carrier is specified. Plus, you saw how much Apple execs were bashing AT&T. What do you all think? Suspicious enough?
    That is a good point - I think really if anything that Apple is trying to separate themselves from AT&T so that if they decide to bring the phone to more carriers - any carrier - it's not associated as AT&T's phone.
    06-08-09 04:20 PM
    Than why are all of the Apple iPhone commercials ending in..

"..only on the nations fastest network.. AT&T."
    06-08-09 04:23 PM
    But, those are the iPhone 3G commercials. Check out the iPhone 3GS commercial on the Apple website: Apple - iPhone - Gallery - TV Ads

There is nothing about AT&T at the end...
    06-08-09 04:27 PM
    RIM wouldn't be happy at all to hear the iPhone is coming to Verizon. Apple would decimate [the Storm] should that be the case. I cannot see RIM letting this happen.
    Fixed.

10char
    06-08-09 04:28 PM
    It definitely says "AT&T 3G" in the right hand corner of the iphone in that commercial. :P
    06-08-09 04:32 PM
    Maybe they left out the ATT cause the iPhone isnt just an ATT phone...Hmmmmmmmmmm?

06-08-09 04:40 PM
    Maybe they left out the ATT cause the iPhone isnt just an ATT phone...Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Agreed.. people need to realize that the iPhone is sold on muuuuuuutiple carriers worldwide.. including CDMA carriers in China.(or at least will be soon)
    06-08-09 04:41 PM
    You're right. I stand corrected. But then why would they not have that on their website?
    06-08-09 04:42 PM
    That's exactly what I am hinting at. Onthelowlow should be here, eh?
    06-08-09 04:43 PM
    You're right. I stand corrected. But then why would they not have that on their website?
    For the same reason there's no carrier branding on any iPhone on any carrier in the world.. It's an Apple iPhone, none else.
    06-08-09 04:43 PM
    It definitely says "AT&T 3G" in the right hand corner of the iphone in that commercial. :P
    It does... doesn't it.

I guess we'll wait for thelowlow or whatever his name is... LOL!
    06-08-09 04:47 PM
    But when they had the iPhone 3G ad on their website, they had AT&T 3G in the top left hand corner.
    06-08-09 04:50 PM
    From apple.com's web page regarding the new iphone 3GS....

Pricing & Availability
    iPhone 3G S will be available in the US on June 19 for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and just $299 (US) for the new 32GB model in both Apple and AT&T’s retail and online stores, Best Buy and Wal-Mart stores. iPhone 3G S requires a new two year contract with AT&T for qualifying customers. iPhone OS 3.0 software will be available on June 17 as a free software update via iTunes 8.2 or later for all iPhone customers. iPod touch customers will be able to purchase a software update for $9.95 (US). Beginning June 8, iPhone 3G will be available for just $99 (US) for the 8GB model. New MobileMe features for iPhone require iPhone OS 3.0. MobileMe is available for an annual subscription price of $99 (US).
    But, we all already knew that, didn't we?
    06-08-09 05:00 PM
548 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD