To all I know you have heard the saying "The proof is in the pudding". Just be patient we basically have only 3 more days. As far as the hush hush on the VZW Iphone. What did you really expect. There have been a couple of places recently who are putting out information also. I can only reveal so much as you already know, but I have no reason to come on the forum and waste my time to type up a false rumor to get you and everyone else all excited. just like you I want the iphone on Verizon. So see ya Monday and I will be accepting all apologies graciously. WWDC will have some surprises for you all. Mark my words
    Working on my apology speech right now.

On the other hand, if the table is turned and there is no iPhone 4G coming to VZW, are you willing to apologize and explain the reason for this thread?
    06-05-09 04:52 PM
    Isn't that the same guy that said Verizon will be getting the Pre in 6 months..and then Dan Hesse (ceo of Sprint) came out and pretty much said no to that lie..

I wouldn't believe a word any carrier says unless Apple says otherwise.
    No - it was his subordinate, the head of VZW, Lowell McAdam.
    06-05-09 04:53 PM
    I can confirm as well the iPhone is in the works. Source confirmed it would be coming out, but did not hint at a release date. He mentioned that Verizon was starting to look more into Project pink though.
    06-05-09 05:14 PM
    I can confirm as well the iPhone is in the works. Source confirmed it would be coming out, but did not hint at a release date. He mentioned that Verizon was starting to look more into Project pink though.
    All of the April rumors pretty much confirm that the iPhone is in the works. Those rumors clearly imply a release in the 2010 time frame in conjunction with the commercial LTE roll out. This thread is attempting to validate the claim of a release in 2009 before the official LTE roll out.

WRT Project Pink, I wouldn't be surprised.
    06-05-09 05:29 PM
    I really hope you can prove everyone wrong. I would not take the time to come onto a forum and lie just to get people mad but some people think it is fun which is why most people don't believe you.

I'm going to wait until June 8th to say anything.

Like many have said, including myself, it is just hard to believe that it is coming out as soon as you say it will be.

Another thing that is kind of weird is that the new iPhone update is coming out on June 8th...
    06-05-09 05:35 PM
    I think this was posted before but the fact that another source says there will be an announcement in June makes me think. Supposedly this info came from inside Verizon. Bottom line is the OP has NOT succeded in making everyone think the Iphone will be announced June 8th so if that was his objective, epic fail. If true, deserves alot of credit. We just have to wait and see.

The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte
    Last edited by matrix2004; 06-05-09 at 07:06 PM.
    06-05-09 06:58 PM
    I think this was posted before but the fact that another source says there will be an announcement in June makes me think. Supposedly this info came from inside Verizon. Bottom line is the OP has NOT succeded in making everyone think the Iphone will be announced June 8th so if that was his objective, epic fail. If true, deserves alot of credit. We just have to wait and see.

The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte
    I thought the same thing. Scott Bourne is a credible news source. During episode 142, he made a point specifically that he truly believed that his Verizon source believed a VZW iPhone would be announced. Kind of backward wording. But, Scott was not convinced that the VZW iPhone would be announced at WWDC.

I checked this week's podcast (143) and did not find any followup to the previous claim.

Altogether, this is very wishful thinking on our part.
    06-05-09 07:22 PM
    Bump. No news?
    06-06-09 12:34 PM
    Bump. No news?
    Well I don't have any news but you can go read this scenario of what one blogger hopes will happen at WWDC. If everything he said here happened it would be one amazing event.

WWDC 2009 and the new iPhone Video will utterly destroy Palm and the Palm Pre. — Sample the Web
    06-06-09 01:54 PM
    if the Iphone does come to vz, witch I dont think it will SOON I will get it the first day. I have always wanted to switch, but the service is expensive and is horrible in my area.
    06-06-09 01:58 PM
    Well I don't have any news but you can go read this scenario of what one blogger hopes will happen at WWDC. If everything he said here happened it would be one amazing event.

WWDC 2009 and the new iPhone Video will utterly destroy Palm and the Palm Pre. — Sample the Web
    Excellent link. Made me feel better on this Pre-filled Saturday. Sprint? Yech.
    06-06-09 04:49 PM
    Good link. Hopefully that does come true. Everyone that has been reporting the iPhone coming to Verizon has been saying 2010. It makes much more sense.
    06-06-09 06:44 PM
    I read on BGR that Jobs won't be there but will be at another Apple event later in June to announce 'new products'.
    06-06-09 09:11 PM
    Now, onthelowlow, obviously we all want a Verizon iPhone and you have said it will be announced soon. By soon, do you mean WWDC on Monday during the keynote? Could you please give us a definite answer? Will this be announced at the WWDC keynote on Monday, or at a later event?

Thanks for raising my hopes!

Jon S.
    06-06-09 09:57 PM
    Now, onthelowlow, obviously we all want a Verizon iPhone and you have said it will be announced soon. By soon, do you mean WWDC on Monday during the keynote? Could you please give us a definite answer? Will this be announced at the WWDC keynote on Monday, or at a later event?

Thanks for raising my hopes!

Jon S.
    He has said repeatedly in this thread that he believes it will be announced Monday June 8th. First day of WWDC.
    06-06-09 10:26 PM
    We'll find out on the 8th...
    Ohh I'm hoping...
    06-07-09 11:58 AM
    Does anyone know what time and what website to check for iPhone/VZW news tomorrow? I'm hoping they announce that the iPhone will be available for VZW but I'm not holding my breath.
    06-07-09 04:36 PM
    The iphone blog is where ill be watching. You can also view updates at engadget and gizmodo I am sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 04:52 PM
    The iphone blog is where ill be watching. You can also view updates at engadget and gizmodo I am sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think the servers will get a full workout that day waiting to hear this.
    06-07-09 05:00 PM
    engadget should be doing their live updates like they do with most Apple events.
    06-07-09 07:26 PM
    Lots of new rumors about the iPhone 3Gs; Daring Fireball has given a pretty credible prediction for new iPhones.

Here is a link to a pretty credible prediction. Anyone else notice what is missing? Like the subject of this thread?

Onethelowlow's last post was June 5. All of his posts have been made in this thread. He has checked the forums recently but has not provided any new information.

iPhone 3GS, Marble Delayed, Tablet Exists? - Mac Rumors
    06-07-09 07:47 PM
    Onethelowlow's last post was June 5. All of his posts have been made in this thread. He has checked the forums recently but has not provided any new information.
    If he has no new info what should he come here and say?
    06-07-09 08:42 PM
    If he has no new info what should he come here and say?
    At the least, he could be adding to the excitement of tomorrow's announcement. His stand-offishness, his lack of participation elsewhere in the forums, and the fact that he has not commented on any of the increasingly credible rumors suggests he is not who he says it is.

Just another chain yanker.
    06-07-09 08:54 PM
    Right. No news is no news. If the dude is real, we'll know soon enough. NO amount of posting takes the place of reality.

Besides, we've seen the pattern of "chain yankers" here. They come in, make a post or two with sensational "insider" news, then disappear. If this guy is a fake, his persistence here would expose issues that transcend the usual pathetic need for attention the usual yanker displays.
    06-07-09 09:26 PM
    Onthelowlow-
    While I do agree with several who have posted here, it would be nice if you just state a few words on this thread. Just to help us know you are who you say you are. Looking forward to tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for a Verizon iphone.
    06-07-09 10:06 PM
548 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD