I do hope the iPhone comes to Verizon. I just don't see how this can be true if AT&T has a contract until 2010. I didn't read all the pages so I could have missed something.

But seeing as Verizon was offered the iPhone first, I can see that this might be a possibility. Verizon was dumb to not take the iPhone in the first place. They see the revenue AT&T made and not they want a piece of that.
    06-04-09 04:35 PM
    I do hope the iPhone comes to Verizon. I just don't see how this can be true if AT&T has a contract until 2010. I didn't read all the pages so I could have missed something.

But seeing as Verizon was offered the iPhone first, I can see that this might be a possibility. Verizon was dumb to not take the iPhone in the first place. They see the revenue AT&T made and not they want a piece of that.
    I agree completely with everything you say. My fingers are crossed for a WWDC surprise.
    06-04-09 05:16 PM
    Blackberries have been around for how long? Of course they are entrenched with corporations, it would be ignorant to think the iPhone is going to take over the business smart phone market share RIM has in 2 years. Give the iPhone time like 10 years and we'll talk.

Food for thought, while RIM has increased its smart phone market share (with 5-10 models on multiple carriers US ex.) by 50% in the first quarter the iPhone has increased it's market share by over 100% (ONE phone ONE carrier US ex.). Keep drinking the kool-aid about RIM and corporations, eventually that juice box is going to run out.

I don't have to provide you the link about the iPhone now being corporate ready do I?

Again it is insane to think what Apple has done with ONE phone on ONE carrier.. just crazy!

JD Powers took RIM's kool-aid and put rat poison in it. :-).. back on topic .. 2010 VZW will get the iPhone then RIM will be .. #@#@$ hahaha.
    I do not work in IT and I am not a technology guru. I am, however, the daughter of a technology ADDICT. Our first home computer we got in the late 70's and was an Apple II. I grew up watching and paying attention to Apple, and it still interests me today.

Apple has been in the personal electronics market for over 30 years now and how many times have them totally blown what they were building with their conceit, control issues, and obsessing over their profit margins.

I am not saying that they aren't a good company. I'm not saying they don't do a lot to bring revolutions to the way we interact with our personal electronics.

I'm just saying there is NO WAY they will EVER take over RIM. That's not their focus, and it NEVER will be!

I'm not saying this is a bad thing for them not to focus on taking over. They want to make money. You don't have to be #1 to make a lot of money.

And I'm not saying this as a fan of the iPhone. Touchscreen only makes me crazy - I've tried it since wayyyy before the iPhone or the Storm came out - and I can NOT type on that thing like I can type on my blackberry. It takes me 5 minutes to send a text on a touch screen - but I can type 45 wpm on my Pearl... Since I can type over 100 wpm on my laptop, 45 wpm on a Pearl is an okay different... 2 wpm... not.
    06-04-09 08:12 PM
    Interesting that in April, a Verizon spokesman didn't deny talking to Apple and said "We're always ready to talk with suppliers, but nothing to announce today".

For him to say that in April seems like in the near future there would be an announcment.

Verizon Does Not Deny iPhone Talks (AAPL, VZ)
    06-04-09 09:35 PM
    I know it is getting close to that time and the skepticism is still high, but I hope that you will all appreciate hearing the news here first. The iphone will not be using Rhapsody at all. The Verizon Iphone will be 99.9% identical to the iphone on Verizon barring a few special surprises that will be revealed.
    I thought the supposed new verizon iphone was an iphone lite, or smaller than the original iphone. If it resembles the att iphone 99.9%, wouldn't that be an infringement on the Apple/ATT agreement?
    06-04-09 09:56 PM
    I thought the supposed new verizon iphone was an iphone lite, or smaller than the original iphone. If it resembles the att iphone 99.9%, wouldn't that be an infringement on the Apple/ATT agreement?
    The iPhone in the U.S. is suppose to be exclusive to ATT into 2010 I believe so I would think it's infringement anyway.
    06-04-09 10:02 PM
    Who's to say that Verizon and Apple didn't buy out the rest of their contract or find some other way around the agreement. That's what lawyers are for right?
    06-04-09 10:12 PM
    Who's to say that Verizon and Apple didn't buy out the rest of their contract or find some other way around the agreement. That's what lawyers are for right?
    Exactly. Remember when the video game publisher rockstar had an exclusive agreement with sony for the Grand Theft Auto franchise? What did they do, they created Rockstar North, and got around it. Im sure there are loopholes around almost every contract.
    06-05-09 07:35 AM
    06-05-09 08:55 AM
    You know that's an ipod touch right. Or was that a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 10:38 AM
    You know that's an ipod touch right. Or was that a joke.

Did you even read his post? He said "Here's a link to add some humor to this thread:" notice the "humor" part of his post?
    06-05-09 11:02 AM
    My bad I'm reading this thread on my tiny pearl screen. I thought it said rumor.

06-05-09 12:40 PM
    I'm not saying anyone is lying but I won't believe it until I read a release from verizon. There are so many different stories out there. I can see apple and verizon getting around the contract but I can also see verizon waiting until 2010. Apple might be hiring cdma techs but the could be so they have something working now so it ia ready for when verizon does get an apple contract

06-05-09 12:58 PM
    It is confirmed that iphone is coming to vzw...date? Very soon...there is a training for all emp on the internal training intranet website. Stay tune folks...

I don't know where you are getting your info... but as an employee of Verizon I can truthfully say there is no such training.... this is not to say it wont come to Verizon but there is no "for sure" awnser ... PERIOD
    06-05-09 01:40 PM
    A couple of interesting pieces of information about our VZW informer of the iPhone.

Here is a link he posted on 5/9/09 at TiPB forums:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1478126

Here is a link to the post banning him from that forum for being a troll:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1478580

Credibility is a terrible thing to waste.
    06-05-09 01:45 PM
    All we have to do is wait until the 8th and you'll know if he is a troll or if we get an iphone. No need to jump the gun and ban him now. That site obviously didn't wait to even see.
    06-05-09 02:26 PM
    Onthelowlow,

Why don't you come out and state why we should believe your credibility? There is no one posting anywhere about a verizon iphone, so how are we supposed to believe you, especially if you posted the same info on another site. I know I'll just have to wait until Monday...blah, blah, blah, but how about some more details to tie us over. I promise that I'll be one of the first to apologize if we see a Verizon iphone Monday. People are really starting to doubt your credibility, so if I were you, I'd come back to the forum and say a little something.
    06-05-09 02:27 PM
    I always think it is funny how quickly people are willing to attack and accuse other people on forums like this. You can't really expect him to reveal who he is and put his job on the line because I am pretty sure you wouldn't do it. If he is lying then oh well we will all know on the 8th. Are you guys really going to be that hurt if it doesn't happen that you feel the need to attack him? I probably have been waiting as long as anyone else for an iPhone to come to Verizon and if it doesn't happen soon oh well. Let's all remember that it is just a phone. I promise life will continue even if it doesn't happen.
    06-05-09 02:40 PM
    If something was going to come out monday, I'm pretty sure we would hear more about it then this one guy posting here

06-05-09 02:41 PM
    A couple of interesting pieces of information about our VZW informer of the iPhone.

Here is a link he posted on 5/9/09 at TiPB forums:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1478126

Here is a link to the post banning him from that forum for being a troll:

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ml#post1478580

Credibility is a terrible thing to waste.
    To all I know you have heard the saying "The proof is in the pudding". Just be patient we basically have only 3 more days. As far as the hush hush on the VZW Iphone. What did you really expect. There have been a couple of places recently who are putting out information also. I can only reveal so much as you already know, but I have no reason to come on the forum and waste my time to type up a false rumor to get you and everyone else all excited. just like you I want the iphone on Verizon. So see ya Monday and I will be accepting all apologies graciously. WWDC will have some surprises for you all. Mark my words
    06-05-09 03:08 PM
    I hope you're right onthelowlow. Not because I want an iPhone necessarily but because everyone is eager to attack you and call you a liar when there is no need for it.
    06-05-09 03:15 PM
    Why do you keep calling it "iPhone" ?

It's OBVIOUSLY NOT THE iPhone.. even site's on the web are calling it "iPhone lite" or some other version.

AT&T and Apple have a contract with the "iPhone"

I do believe Verizon will be getting an iPhone OS based device, call it a "lite" or whatever.

Just like AT&T is getting a Palm Eos which runs WebOS.. no one's calling it the Pre... because it's NOT.
    06-05-09 03:29 PM
    Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg told the Wall Street Journal he expects Apple to consider sharing the iPhone with Verizon in 2010 � when Verizon begins deploying its fourth-generation network.

What to Expect From Apple at WWDC 2009 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Who really knows?????
    06-05-09 03:32 PM
    I'm sorry if I seemed like I was attacking you. Wasn't trying to be that way...just inpatient... We'll see everyone back here on Monday.
    06-05-09 03:32 PM
    Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg told the Wall Street Journal he expects Apple to consider sharing the iPhone with Verizon in 2010 � when Verizon begins deploying its fourth-generation network.

What to Expect From Apple at WWDC 2009 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Who really knows?????
    Isn't that the same guy that said Verizon will be getting the Pre in 6 months..and then Dan Hesse (ceo of Sprint) came out and pretty much said no to that lie..

I wouldn't believe a word any carrier says unless Apple says otherwise.
    06-05-09 03:43 PM
548 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD