If it is coming, and Apple/AT&T continue to hold on to the exclusivity agreement, the VZW iPhone would need to differ in some aspect. Memory capacity is a thought. Another possibility is removal of optional features such as WiFi or GPS.

It is also quite possible that the exterior will look like a regular iPhone but filled with V710 parts.
    WiFi yes GPS nooooooo deal breaker
    06-02-09 09:43 PM
    Onthelowlow,

I appreciate you taking the time to post information regarding a possible Verizon iphone. However, I'm starting to get a little concerned that there have been no further leaks (specs, pics) for this announcement. Without giving too much info, can you give all of us eagerly anticipating users a small clue to what we can expect? Size? Itunes/rhapsody store? Are you planning on going to WWDC?

Thanks again!
    06-03-09 12:55 PM
    Onthelowlow,

I appreciate you taking the time to post information regarding a possible Verizon iphone. However, I'm starting to get a little concerned that there have been no further leaks (specs, pics) for this announcement. Without giving too much info, can you give all of us eagerly anticipating users a small clue to what we can expect? Size? Itunes/rhapsody store? Are you planning on going to WWDC?

Thanks again!
    That's the beauty of the internet. You'll never be able to tell truth from fiction. After all, I could be Steve Jobs in disguise!

I understand your frustration. The only way you'll find an answer is at WWDC. If Apple announces it for Verizon. Wonderful. If not, continue to upgrade to existing model lineups, jump ship to a carrier which offers what you want, or open a second line with the other carrier.
    06-03-09 01:12 PM
    WWDC T-minus 5 days. Cross your fingers for a big "Oh and one more thing"
    06-03-09 01:26 PM
    The mindset of "since one vzw employee doesn't know about it, it doesn't exist" is rampant lol
    06-03-09 01:49 PM
    Onthelowlow,

Thanks again!
    I can tell you right now that if the Verizon iPhone happens it will not use rhapsody. Apple would never let that happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 01:57 PM
    06-03-09 02:04 PM
    there are a few people who are getting a great laugh out of this thread. 2010 iphone, sure. iphone/tablet, maybe...
    06-03-09 02:27 PM
    there are a few people who are getting a great laugh out of this thread. 2010 iphone, sure. iphone/tablet, maybe...
    I believe it, if the tablet is on Verizon and you have to subscribe to their mobile broadband stuff, then I dunno.
    06-03-09 02:29 PM
    Well I actually believe the tablet will end up coming to Verizon since it's not technically a phone. Also, Verizon recently came out with those tiny little netbooks so .. it might be released along the lines of that. However, I'm really hoping that they will release an iPhone .. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the 8th.
    06-03-09 04:28 PM
    I know it is getting close to that time and the skepticism is still high, but I hope that you will all appreciate hearing the news here first. The iphone will not be using Rhapsody at all. The Verizon Iphone will be 99.9% identical to the iphone on Verizon barring a few special surprises that will be revealed.
    06-03-09 11:32 PM
    I have already informed you all that there will be a big announcement on this June 8th. The iPhone is coming to Big V this year. Much sooner than you all think.
    well dang!! thanks for all the info...looking forward to june 8th!
    06-03-09 11:49 PM
    I really believe this isn't going to happen. Somebody said, what does onthelowlow have to gain from this, so it must be true. He would gain by getting everyone riled up! Anyway, even though I doubt it, there is a little bit of hope in my soul. If onthelowlow is right, I will no doubt soil my pants and be in high heaven. In reality, I believe there will be some new features on a 32GB iPhone, continuing on AT&T exclusively. Let's hope I'm wrong...
    06-04-09 02:04 AM
    I know it is getting close to that time and the skepticism is still high, but I hope that you will all appreciate hearing the news here first. The iphone will not be using Rhapsody at all. The Verizon Iphone will be 99.9% identical to the iphone on Verizon barring a few special surprises that will be revealed.
    Regardless of whether or not this becomes reality, I really am enjoying this thread.
    06-04-09 07:20 AM
    I really believe this isn't going to happen. Somebody said, what does onthelowlow have to gain from this, so it must be true. He would gain by getting everyone riled up! Anyway, even though I doubt it, there is a little bit of hope in my soul. If onthelowlow is right, I will no doubt soil my pants and be in high heaven. In reality, I believe there will be some new features on a 32GB iPhone, continuing on AT&T exclusively. Let's hope I'm wrong...
    This wouldn't be the 1st thread that has gotten people riled up; thats for sure.
    06-04-09 09:03 AM
    Here's a recent story throwing cold water on the notion of a Verizon iPhone being announced in 2009.

What to Expect From Apple at WWDC 2009 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    06-04-09 09:23 AM
    Here's a recent story throwing cold water on the notion of a Verizon iPhone being announced in 2009.
    This kind of stings...I don't know if Wired has always been right, but I still don't want to hear this. Part of me doubts it will ever happen, but I would sure like to prove people wrong who have been doubting me. I'm curious as to what Onthelowlow thinks about this? I guess we'll just have to see....
    06-04-09 09:54 AM
    Tick Tock Tick Tock its getting closer ... I have been enjoying this thread for quite some time. And surfing the internet there have been conflicting stories about this so who knows. I can tell you one thing, I will be happy if it come to Verizon because the competition would be great. I know my wife is wishing it comes to VZW also because after playing with my ipod touch she wants one lol.
    06-04-09 10:07 AM

What to Expect From Apple at WWDC 2009 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    One thing to keep in mind is that this is their thoughts on the matter and they don't state that they have any more information than we have had previously to this point.
    06-04-09 11:01 AM
    From thestreet dot com.

As the excitement builds for Palm's Pre debut on June 6, analysts are warning that Apple may forgo introducing the new iPhone next week and hold a separate ceremony next month instead.

Analysts Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster and Oppenheimer's Yair Reiner both issued notes Thursday warning investors that Apple may disappoint the fans who are expecting the new iPhone to be the centerpiece of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference, which starts Monday in San Francisco.

Munster, for one, is holding out hope for a mid-July launch of "a family of iPhones." Presumably that would include a feature-packed "pro" model and a lower-priced iPhone -- though not necessarily the $99 phone (The iPhone Pulls the Apple Cart | Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com) many have recently come to expect.

Even The Wall Street Journal's well-respected gadget guy Walt Mossberg, in his mostly glowing review (Palm's New Pre Takes On iPhone - WSJ.com) of the Palm Pre on Thursday, offered a somewhat mixed prediction for the iPhone's arrival.

Mossberg is considered to be more in-the-know that the average tech hack since he is often granted early access to devices, and sometimes he's privy to announcement dates.

At the begnning of his review of the Palm Pre, Mossberg compares the Pre to "the new iPhone to be unveiled next week." Later, he writes about the new iPhone hardware, "likely available within a month."

Close readers may see a distinction in the two mentions of the iPhone. The thinking is that Apple's development conference is a software showcase where executives -- apparently not including Steve Jobs (Tech Rumor of the Day: Apple | Technology Management Series | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com) -- will gush about the innovations in the iPhone 3.0 and Snow Leopard operating systems.

And while an iPhone may be used in a demonstration, Apple may hold off on a separate iPhone hardware introduction that Mossberg and Munster hint at.

If the new iPhone is a no-show next week, Apple's stock will without question be in for a shock.

But Oppenheimer's Reiner -- in classic "buy on the dips" fashion -- says any weakness in the stock would be a good buying opportunity for Apple investors.

As popular as the Apple shows have become, there's also been a bit of a buzz-kill element at the end of recent performances. Fans who'd grown accustomed to Jobs' "one more thing" surprises now leave disappointed when the show concludes with out a big new development.

Apple shares slipped a bit (Crabby Apple Fans Unimpressed by Macworld | Hardware | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com) after the January MacWorld show after the company stuck with a predictable script. And hopes were dashed for those expecting even a brief Steve Jobs sighting.

So it's probably prudent to brace for the possibility that the Apple show may lack both a Jobs appearance and a new iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 11:15 AM
    Can't wait for Apple to punk all VZW subscribers next week.
    06-04-09 11:32 AM
    Can't wait for Apple to punk all VZW subscribers next week.
    You might be the biggest hater/tool ive ever met. And how would that punk vzw subscribers? Its not like they officially said an iPhone was coming to vzw, most of us are expecting it to NOT come anyway, anything other than that would be a plus. So in my eyes and most others, if they didnt introduce a VZW iphone it would be a wash. And we would still have the top rated network
    06-04-09 12:04 PM
    You might be the biggest hater/tool ive ever met. And how would that punk vzw subscribers? Its not like they officially said an iPhone was coming to vzw, most of us are expecting it to NOT come anyway, anything other than that would be a plus. So in my eyes and most others, if they didnt introduce a VZW iphone it would be a wash. And we would still have the top rated network
    My sentiments exactly. Verizon customers never had the iPhone so we really have nothing to lose.
    06-04-09 12:19 PM
    Dude, relax I'm kidding. I hope the iPhone does make it to other carriers, it would only be better for Apple and At&t subscribers as they would have to lower their plan pricing. Don't get all **** hurt on me.. not now.. not a few days away from WWDC!

Can we be friends? We haven't actually "met" soo..... but you'd fall in love with me.

btw: "how would that punk vzw subscribers" - well by back door creating all these rumors the iPhone is coming to Verizon and not being the case.

In addition I can't hate anyone who is a Dolphins / Buckeyes fan.. come on..
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-04-09 at 01:30 PM.
    06-04-09 01:21 PM
    Dude, relax I'm kidding. I hope the iPhone does make it to other carriers, it would only be better for Apple and At&t subscribers as they would have to lower their plan pricing. Don't get all **** hurt on me.. not now.. not a few days away from WWDC!

Can we be friends? We haven't actually "met" soo..... but you'd fall in love with me.

btw: "how would that punk vzw subscribers" - well by back door creating all these rumors the iPhone is coming to Verizon and not being the case.

In addition I can't hate anyone who is a Dolphins / Buckeyes fan.. come on..
    I think it would be better for all carriers and all cell phones alike. More competition = a consumer win

On another note yes we can be friends, unless ur a michigan fan. I have enough michigan fans as friends. But I would assume ur not since u cant hate anyone who is a buckeyes fan lol.

By the way, this convo reminds of stu scotts and steezy's in ESPN the mag every month.
    06-04-09 02:47 PM
548 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD