Ok darn it I'm going back to win mo.
    I wanted the BB Storm because of the screen
    real estate.
    Ok and I am not about to knock the device. It does make
    me salivate. But the iphone seems so darned trendy; don't go there........
    And BBs aren't trendy? I see more little kids with BBs than iPhones. Just look on the forums and you will see 12 year olds with BBs and how they talk about how their whole school uses them. Yes the iPhone may be trendy, but BBs are too. Apple just has 20x better marketing skills and that's why it seems that way. The Storm is trendy too, mad kids running around with that phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 10:14 AM
    Maybe this time they will both be not too stupid to let each other get in the way.
    Did that make sense.............?
    With the success of the iPhone let alone Apple what they say goes. You must have a perception Apple cares what VZW wants. Apple will drop VZW quicker than they did the first go around if they don't concede to their requests. People seem to think the iPhone has reached critical mass with ATT. Last time I checked there are still another 50+ million potential customers on ATT let alone other carriers worldwide (GSM+ CDMA=for the birds).

You know what would be dumber than VZW not getting the iPhone on the first go around, not getting the iPhone on the next go around cause of Rhapsody. Rhapsody, what the heck is that anyways?
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-02-09 at 10:57 AM.
    06-02-09 10:17 AM
    With the success of the iPhone let alone Apple what they say goes. You must have a perception Apple cares what VZW wants. Apple will drop VZW quicker than they did the first go around if they don't concede to their requests. People seem to think the iPhone has reached critical mass with ATT. Last time I checked there are still another 50+ million potential customers on ATT let alone other carriers worldwide (GSM+ CDMA=for the birds).

You know what would be dumber than VZW not getting the iPhone on the first go around, not getting the iPhone on the next go around cause of Rhapsody. Rhapsody, what the heck is that anyways?
    U just said it yourself; well how come AAPL hasn't gotten those other
    50 million. Also AAPL is no dummy they know whats down the pike with
    the future wireless tech. They my friend they both need each other.
    Being strictly on AT&T limits AAPL. It that were not the case AAPL
    would not even be talking with VZW. If it's so good at home why do u need another lover.
    Also VZW knows they have lost a few
    customers not having the iphone.Like I said hopefully their egos won't get in the way. AAPL's sole source agreement with AT&T has probably stymied their growth as far as the US is concerned.
    Forget about GSM and CDMA; the game is about to change very soon.
    If the iphone comes to VZW; with VZW's LTE beig completed before AT&T's
    U best believe AAPL knows it too; as far as whats coming down the pike
    with VZW's LTE. Or they wouldn't be bothering; at least that is my bg.
    With the implementation of VZW's LTE and the iphone coming to VZW.
    Watch out.................
    06-02-09 11:31 AM
    And BBs aren't trendy? I see more little kids with BBs than iPhones. Just look on the forums and you will see 12 year olds with BBs and how they talk about how their whole school uses them. Yes the iPhone may be trendy, but BBs are too. Apple just has 20x better marketing skills and that's why it seems that way. The Storm is trendy too, mad kids running around with that phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Really; see I thought it was just the other way around obviously; I was wrong. I stand corrected. I thought my handle was gonna get flamed.
    That would have been too easy huh.
    06-02-09 11:34 AM
    You cannot expect everyone on At&t to jump to the iPhone, it takes time and money. Apple has not reached critical mass on At&t by a long shot. Sure Apple would increase their revenue and market shares with multiple US carriers but not at the expense of losing their identity.

Identity= iTunes first and foremost, their business model has started to revolve around it.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-02-09 at 11:39 AM.
    06-02-09 11:37 AM
    You cannot expect everyone on At&t to jump to the iPhone, it takes time and money. Apple has not reached critical mass on At&t by a long shot. Sure Apple would increase their revenue and market shares with multiple US carriers but not at the expense of losing their identity.

Identity= iTunes first and foremost, their business model has started to revolve around it.
    If VZW concedes to giving into that I don't think it would be such a big deal to them. In fact I bet they do; I bet they concede a lot this time around. They would still have other users using rhapsody on other devices.
    Since we are bringing up music; if itunes has a larger selection of music
    than rhapsody ohhhh yeah baby I would then consider switching if for no
    other reason. Besides we know where the money is made. From the voice
    data plans one has to buy to operate the device.
    There again my friend it goes back to both companies not letting their egos
    get in the way. Besides AAPL is an American company correct. Win win all the way around.
    06-02-09 11:53 AM
    I think we are now on the same page . My question has been and currently is where is RIM in all of this? I mean if VZW gets the iPhone I can see Apple gaining an additional 3-5% smart phone market share in the first 6 months alone! WOW.
    06-02-09 02:01 PM
    I think we are now on the same page . My question has been and currently is where is RIM in all of this? I mean if VZW gets the iPhone I can see Apple gaining an additional 3-5% smart phone market share in the first 6 months alone! WOW.
    I agree...................
    RIM isn't going anywhere; they will probably keep working the Storm.
    They want that touch screen multimedia market. If that happens I wouldn't
    be suprised to eventually see the Storm on AT&T.
    LTE is gonna open up the game. It will still boil down to AT&T vs VZW
    with all the others just scrambling around to get the crumbs.
    I want my AT&T VZW price war. Let it bleed baby
    I know this is off topic; but will u be able to multitask with the
    new iphone os?
    06-02-09 02:11 PM
    You heard it here first! Within one year At&t will announce a merger with T-Mobile (gsm + easy intergration) to once again put the strain on VZW and be atop as well as to entice Apple to renew their contract before the end of the year.
    06-02-09 02:23 PM
    You heard it here first! Within one year At&t will announce a merger with T-Mobile (gsm + easy intergration) to once again put the strain on VZW and be atop as well as to entice Apple to renew their contract before the end of the year.
    different GSM bands.....doesn't ATT use 1900 and T-mobile use 850?
    or the other way around?
    Does that matter?

I am a cdma guy so I don't know.
    06-02-09 02:35 PM
    I'm sure they use different frequencies but never say never, stranger things have happened.
    06-02-09 02:41 PM
    I'm sure they use different frequencies but never say never, stranger things have happened.
    true!
    never thought sprint and nextel would merge.....
    06-02-09 02:46 PM
    As hard as I try, I cant imagine Verizon giving up Rhapsody for iTunes.
    If Verizon skips Rhapsody for the iPhone, they would be the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. Also, if users start using iTunes, they won't even d/l from Rhapsody, even if they don't have the iPhone anymore.
    06-02-09 03:03 PM
    A Blackberry is still a Blackberry. If I wanted an I-Phone I'd have one now. Apple is nowhere near RIM. There are as many Pearls out there as I-Phones. That's just pearls. Apple will need a whole lineup of phones to even start competing.
    06-02-09 03:25 PM
    A Blackberry is still a Blackberry. If I wanted an I-Phone I'd have one now. Apple is nowhere near RIM. There are as many Pearls out there as I-Phones. That's just pearls. Apple will need a whole lineup of phones to even start competing.
    One phone against an army and Apple is right there!
    Apple in two years with one phone and one carrier is second in the smart phone market share and "Apple is nowhere near RIM" , wow you're out of touch.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-02-09 at 03:40 PM.
    06-02-09 03:35 PM
    You have no clue what you are talking about. After the new iPhone is released and if only on AT&T, Apple will be literally right behind RIM in the number devices they sold. If it hits Verizon, they will most likely surpass them.
    06-02-09 03:41 PM
    If Verizon skips Rhapsody for the iPhone, they would be the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. Also, if users start using iTunes, they won't even d/l from Rhapsody, even if they don't have the iPhone anymore.
    Why do u say they will be the biggest hypocrites ever?
    Is Itunes that strong?
    06-02-09 03:42 PM
    If Verizon skips Rhapsody for the iPhone, they would be the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. Also, if users start using iTunes, they won't even d/l from Rhapsody, even if they don't have the iPhone anymore.
    Jay, I'm not sure I get what you mean considering there are so many other ways people get their music; they may only need iTunes to get that music on the phone.

Then again, with apps like doubleTwist, you don't need iTunes.
    06-02-09 04:48 PM
    Wow I just found this news saying that Verizon will be using Java in the future and might get rid of BREW. Maybe this is another sign of Verizon changing its old ways and opening up to new ideas. Check out the article here Verizon Wireless to deploy Java-based services : Boy Genius Report
    06-02-09 04:51 PM
    Why do u say they will be the biggest hypocrites ever?
    Is Itunes that strong?
    I mean, they say the reason they won't agree with iTunes is due to competition and that it would cut down on their sales. iTunes is addictive. Most consumers want a one-stop shop for all their needs. I started using iTunes and then made it the only place I shop for music. I won't even get the CD from the store anymore.
    06-02-09 05:05 PM
    Onthelowlow,
    I know you cannot go into much detail about this due to risk of losing your job but my question is pretty broad. Will this phone be like the full size version att has or will it be a smaller dumbed down version?

Thank You
    Chris
    06-02-09 07:01 PM
    Onthelowlow,
    I know you cannot go into much detail about this due to risk of losing your job but my question is pretty broad. Will this phone be like the full size version att has or will it be a smaller dumbed down version?

Thank You
    Chris
    If it is coming, and Apple/AT&T continue to hold on to the exclusivity agreement, the VZW iPhone would need to differ in some aspect. Memory capacity is a thought. Another possibility is removal of optional features such as WiFi or GPS.

It is also quite possible that the exterior will look like a regular iPhone but filled with V710 parts.
    06-02-09 07:17 PM
    Then VZW will take Sprint.............
    Can u say monopolies....
    The govt doesn't like that
    06-02-09 07:58 PM
    Then VZW will take Sprint.............
    Can u say monopolies....
    The govt doesn't like that
    But it does like owning car manufacturers.
    06-02-09 08:03 PM
    But it does like owning car manufacturers.
    Wrong way wrong. Now thats a whole nother subject......
    06-02-09 09:42 PM
548 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD