I never specifically said everybody had a storm... and you proved my point that ur execs use a BB not an iphone...
    So I assume then you are not using a Storm in your working environment, what are you using a Bold?
    05-21-09 02:55 PM
    So I assume then you are not using a Storm in your working environment, what are you using a Bold?
    RIM wont be screwed if VZW gets an iphone, the bold is selling fine in direct competition to the iPhone. And no I am using my storm for work, it works fine for me. Been I ran .141 for a few weeks with no resets or anything, now running .148 perfectly. But to stay on topic, an iPhone on verizon would be fantastic. The sooner the better, the mrs. needs a new phone and wants an ipod and her birthday is coming up lol.
    05-21-09 03:04 PM
    RIM wont be screwed if VZW gets an iphone, the bold is selling fine in direct competition to the iPhone. And no I am using my storm for work, it works fine for me. Been I ran .141 for a few weeks with no resets or anything, now running .148 perfectly. But to stay on topic, an iPhone on verizon would be fantastic. The sooner the better, the mrs. needs a new phone and wants an ipod and her birthday is coming up lol.
    Yes I hope VZW gets the iPhone maybe in 2010 although I will stay with ATT but I'm somewhat confused as to how the Storm is not direct competition to the iPhone but the Bold is . Regardless I haven't found any tangible credible information as to the iPhone coming to VZW in 09, zilch.
    05-21-09 03:20 PM
    Yes I hope VZW gets the iPhone maybe in 2010 although I will stay with ATT but I'm somewhat confused as to how the Storm is not direct competition to the iPhone but the Bold is . Regardless I haven't found any tangible credible information as to the iPhone coming to VZW in 09, zilch.
    I just meant both on ATT...... hopefully it comes out this year, if not ill have to get her an ipod touch and new phone lol...
    05-21-09 03:23 PM
    It's the Storm 2 with out the surepress.
    05-21-09 03:37 PM
    Apple doesn't want the new iphone to come out on a 3G network though, I was reading about this a week ago, I tried finding the same link but had no luck. They said they want the new iphone to come out on a LTE/4G network. I don't blame them, At&t had so many issues on their speed due to overloads on their network
    05-21-09 03:49 PM
    Apple doesn't want the new iphone to come out on a 3G network though, I was reading about this a week ago, I tried finding the same link but had no luck. They said they want the new iphone to come out on a LTE/4G network. I don't blame them, At&t had so many issues on their speed due to overloads on their network
    That sounds a little weird because Apple signed a contract with AT&T, who they know has a 3G network and getting LTE in 2011-2012. Plus Apple said a new iPhone will be coming out every year, that's its life cycle. AT&T has also been making huge improvements to their network to support the iPhone, and the upcoming iPhones. AT&T also had huge overloads because their 3G network was brand new. Now a year has gone by and they have been making the necessary improvements.
    05-21-09 04:44 PM
    As a vzw employee I can tell you there are no talks going on with apple and vzw as of now everything is crazy rumors, vzw will be rolling out the first 4G network start end of this year and vzw customers will see some huge changes...all VERY good ones!!! I have an iphone as well and I wish vzw could get it as at&t's service sux big time!!! I've never had sooooo many dropped calls and the 3g network is wayyyyy too small not many areas outside my town I can use it..but the phone is nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 07:08 PM
    There have been so many conflicting things being said and not just on this site. Some say they are in talks; others say they're not. I think time will tell.
    05-22-09 03:26 AM
    As a vzw employee I can tell you there are no talks going on with apple and vzw as of now everything is crazy rumors, vzw will be rolling out the first 4G network start end of this year and vzw customers will see some huge changes...all VERY good ones!!! I have an iphone as well and I wish vzw could get it as at&t's service sux big time!!! I've never had sooooo many dropped calls and the 3g network is wayyyyy too small not many areas outside my town I can use it..but the phone is nice!

What level of VZW do you work at? Store level? Corporate? Customer Service? Tech Support? Because no offense but VZW employees are never to keen on upcoming products until we all are. My land lord is Manager of VZW store here in MD and when I told him there where pictures of Storm 2 on the net he had no idea about it. I would say 90% of VZW employees get there info the same way we do and I can tell you that most of the time a consumer who has done his or her research will know more about upcoming releases then VZW employees. So I can only take your advice with a grain of salt.
    05-22-09 08:24 AM
    I work in marketing and have access to all the info of phones we will be looking at within the next year, but I understand...u don't have to take my word.
    What level of VZW do you work at? Store level? Corporate? Customer Service? Tech Support? Because no offense but VZW employees are never to keen on upcoming products until we all are. My land lord is Manager of VZW store here in MD and when I told him there where pictures of Storm 2 on the net he had no idea about it. I would say 90% of VZW employees get there info the same way we do and I can tell you that most of the time a consumer who has done his or her research will know more about upcoming releases then VZW employees. So I can only take your advice with a grain of salt.
    05-22-09 10:02 AM
    There's 2 very important things that kind of make me think that the iPhone wont come to Verizon, or if it does, it will be heavily striped which Apple doesnt want.

1. Rhapsody is a direct competitor to the REQUIRED iTunes install.

2. Verizon doesn't like WIFI, and likes to cripple the bluetooth, of which Apple wants their OS to be controlled by them, not Verizon.

keep in mind they already denied Apple once.. now that Apple has the brand backing, and a little bit of bragging play, I dont believe they'll bend to Verizon.

If the iPhone does come to Verizon, it'd be something completely unlike what we currently have. Perhaps an iPhone lite that doesn't require iTunes, and can be molded a little bit to Verizon's *fascist ways.

* I mean fascist in the term of "my way or the highway" and has no reference to Nazi Germany.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-22-09 at 10:21 AM.
    05-22-09 10:19 AM
    Check this.

New Gear from Apple and Verizon Wireless? - BusinessWeek

Verizon Wireless is warming to the idea of an Apple (AAPL) partnership. Verizon Wireless is in talks with Apple to distribute two new iPhone-like devices, BusinessWeek has learned. Apple has created prototypes of the devices, and discussions reaching back a half-year have involved Apple CEO Steve Jobs, according to two people familiar with the matter.
    There we go.. NOT the same device/model as what's on AT&T.. but a new "like" type of device.
    05-22-09 11:48 AM
    Why AT&T Wants to Keep the iPhone Away From Verizon - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

Quoted,

The two companies now use incompatible technology, and Apple has not wanted to make multiple versions of the iPhone.
    Hopefully we can shut up about the exact same AT&T iPhone being sold by Verizon.
    05-22-09 11:53 AM
    .....keep in mind they already denied Apple once.. now that Apple has the brand backing, and a little bit of bragging play, I dont believe they'll bend to Verizon.[/SIZE][/I].
    Just because Verizon said no the 1st time, doesn't mean they'd be foolish to do so again.
    I've said countless times that Verizon has had time to see just how much money the iPhone has made for AT&T.

And we all know that with the carriers, customers + iPhone(like) = money money money!!
    05-22-09 12:05 PM
    I just can't see Apple letting VZW tarnish their name and reputation with a crappy crippled handicapped Walmart version of the iPhone. It just won't happen.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-22-09 at 01:14 PM.
    05-22-09 01:07 PM
    I wouldn't want an iPhone "like" version. I want the iPhone.

05-22-09 01:39 PM
    I just can't see Apple letting VZW tarnish their name and reputation with a crappy crippled handicapped Walmart version of the iPhone. It just won't happen.
    You do know Walmart sells the iPhone right?
    05-22-09 03:14 PM
    Lol nice. I believe Walmart is not doing a very good job at. I think there is an article saying they are in last place for selling iPhones. But yes they do sell them.
    05-22-09 04:56 PM
    Lol nice. I believe Walmart is not doing a very good job at. I think there is an article saying they are in last place for selling iPhones. But yes they do sell them.
    Weren't they the last to get them to sell?
    05-22-09 05:26 PM
    yeah a smaller version not anything like the one on att.
    05-22-09 05:28 PM
    Weren't they the last to get them to sell?
    Yea I believe they only sell the 8GB. Not sure though I don't shop at WalMart so I never checked it out. I do know that since they have had it, they have not sold as well as BestBuy. I also believe it is a little cheaper at WalMart too, not sure about that though.
    05-22-09 07:29 PM
    Yes I already know but that is an Apple version, imagine if Walmart came out with a cell phone.
    05-22-09 09:54 PM
    Walmart sells both the 8gb and the 16gb. The 16 is even available in white.
    Sales for iPhones where strong when they first opened the doors for them, but have since tapered off.
    Main reason - people that wanted to upgrade already have, and a lot of the clientel just can't get the credit checks to pass.
    As far as price, it's $197 and $297 so it's not a huge difference...

In my 13 stores I usually sell 13 a month, amazing numbers? No, but most people don't shop Walmart because they have phones, it's usually an inpulse buy.

Now, back on topic...
    If it is indeed supposed to be running LTE I don't see VZW getting them out until they have at least half of their major cities blanketed in coverage. That'd be like T-mobile carrying an iPhone 3g period... LOL cheap shot but I like it

05-23-09 11:41 PM
    I have absolutely no doubt that the iPhone will come to Verizon.

Whether it's this generation, or for the 4G networks (both Verizon and ATT are going to use LTE) remains the question.
    05-25-09 07:43 AM
548 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD