I like verizon service far better than att. I used to have an iphone but I was unable to deal with att dummies, so I got myself a bb though verizen! If iphone is coming to verizon I will get one! I do miss my iphone, just far better for the music than bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 09:58 AM
    Oh I read what you said. I guess what you didn't understand is that old news is not current proof; esp in this day and age.

Google is your friend.
    Have you ever noticed they can never support their claims with current information?

One would think if there was information from 2009 they'd be able to readily pull that up, instead of linking to old news. A Google (yes it is your friend) search of "Consumer Reports Sprint" they only thing that comes up is the January 2008 article. Hmm, maybe the January 2009 claim was a typo.

All the bad press these people use to support their claims are old, pre Dan Hesse old. I have never experienced a group of people so concerned over a service they don't use, really is kind of juvenile and ridiculous.
    05-19-09 11:57 AM
    Have you ever noticed they can never support their claims with current information?

One would think if there was information from 2009 they'd be able to readily pull that up, instead of linking to old news. A Google (yes it is your friend) search of "Consumer Reports Sprint" they only thing that comes up is the January 2008 article. Hmm, maybe the January 2009 claim was a typo.

All the bad press these people use to support their claims are old, pre Dan Hesse old. I have never experienced a group of people so concerned over a service they don't use, really is kind of juvenile and ridiculous.
    Here is your link for the 2009 consumer reports article. Since apparantley you "cannot find it".

Cell phone service Ratings

Hopefully you can view it if not ill sum it up. They researched it in 23 different cities and the ratings are based on 51,740 different samples. Of the 23 cities Sprint ranked last in 21, the 2 the werent last in was Miami and San Francisco where they were 2nd to last 1 point above ATT in Miami and 3 points above ATT in San Fran. So there is your proof. To sum it all up sprint is still the worst carrier to be with.....
    05-19-09 12:28 PM
    Here is your link for the 2009 consumer reports article. Since apparantley you "cannot find it".

Cell phone service Ratings

Hopefully you can view it if not ill sum it up. They researched it in 23 different cities and the ratings are based on 51,740 different samples. Of the 23 cities Sprint ranked last in 21, the 2 the werent last in was Miami and San Francisco where they were 2nd to last 1 point above ATT in Miami and 3 points above ATT in San Fran. So there is your proof. To sum it all up sprint is still the worst carrier to be with.....
    Not a member of CR so can't read it. And, that would also explain why it's not coming up on a search.
    05-19-09 12:41 PM
    Not a member of CR so can't read it. And, that would also explain why it's not coming up on a search.
    Ya possibly... but it was published in their Jan 2009 issue so youd think it would come up. If I could get a screen capture id put it up... but I summed it up fairly well.
    05-19-09 01:05 PM
    Oh I read what you said. I guess what you didn't understand is that old news is not current proof; esp in this day and age.

Google is your friend.
    Too bad I'm not a member of CR, so I cant see it. Google may be my friend but not in this case.
    05-19-09 04:14 PM

I have current info, I just can't see it/find it because I'm not a member of CR. And no it was not a typo, Sprint sucks. But I'm happy they are working out for you.
    05-19-09 04:15 PM
    I have current info, I just can't see it/find it because I'm not a member of CR. And no it was not a typo, Sprint sucks. But I'm happy they are working out for you.
    I posted the article and summed it for those who dont have access to CR.
    05-19-09 04:42 PM
    I posted the article and summed it for those who dont have access to CR.
    Yea I saw that, thank you.
    05-19-09 08:09 PM
    Best I could do since its such a long image, screenshots wouldnt be practical. But you get the idea, and he's right Sprint was mainly dead last in all but 1 or 2 cities

Provider Reader score Connectivity

no service

circuits full

dropped calls

static
    Atlanta
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Boston
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Charlotte, N.C.
    Alltel

Verizon

AT&T

Sprint

Chicago
    Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Sprint

Cleveland
    Alltel

Verizon

AT&T

Sprint

Dallas-Ft. Worth
    Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Sprint

Denver
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Detroit
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Jacksonville, Fla.
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Las Vegas
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Los Angeles
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Miami
    Verizon

T-Mobile

Sprint

AT&T

Minneapolis-St. Paul
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

New York
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Philadelphia
    Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Sprint

Phoenix
    Verizon

Alltel

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

San Antonio
    Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Sprint

San Diego
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

San Francisco
    Verizon

T-Mobile

Sprint

AT&T

Seattle
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

St. Louis
    Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Tampa, Fla.
    Alltel

Verizon

T-Mobile

AT&T

Sprint

Washington
    Verizon

AT&T

T-Mobile

Sprint
    05-19-09 08:35 PM
    to the OP..... do you have the code for this online training??? or the title at least so i can search for it?
    05-19-09 08:40 PM
    Funny that Sprint sucks according to you but according to JD Powers and Associates as of March 18, 2009 Recognizes Sprint for "Highest Call Quality Performance" in the West Region in a Tie.

The also said Sprint has shown sequential improvement since the 2008 study, outpacing the industry average.

Current facts and independent research put your claims to bed. This recent study certainly puts the claims of CR to bed also.
    Last edited by ERDude; 05-19-09 at 10:59 PM.
    05-19-09 10:57 PM
    If you'd like to read more fact about Sprint and how well they're doing go to this post and follow the rest of the links.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post2599565

Looks like your claims are put to rest.
    05-19-09 11:27 PM
    Funny that Sprint sucks according to you but according to JD Powers and Associates as of March 18, 2009 Recognizes Sprint for "Highest Call Quality Performance" in the West Region in a Tie.

The also said Sprint has shown sequential improvement since the 2008 study, outpacing the industry average.

Current facts and independent research put your claims to bed. This recent study certainly puts the claims of CR to bed also.
    NOW that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Current facts- not some mess thats either a year or more OLD like it's supposed to hold some weight to support a claim!!
    05-20-09 02:20 AM

I love how you fail to mention the fact that in the other 5 regions of the JD power study sprint was still in the bottom. Fanboyism at its finest... oh and also how the customer service is also rated the worst in studies done.....
    Last edited by Lynx83; 05-20-09 at 07:20 AM.
    05-20-09 07:15 AM

So they tie in one region and still suck in all the others? That's great news. I can care less though and I don't want this to turn into a carrier war. I just don't think Apple would put the iPhone on Sprint. It would be cool if all carriers had it though.

05-20-09 08:46 AM
    Yea, I'm starting to change my tune and hope the iPhone will be available on all carriers. I was just hoping people would go to AT&T to maximize my mobile to mobile minute savings . Greed so devious at times.
    05-20-09 09:11 AM
    Yea, I'm starting to change my tune and hope the iPhone will be available on all carriers. I was just hoping people would go to AT&T to maximize my mobile to mobile minute savings . Greed so devious at times.
    Lol... cell phones are becoming so popular alot of people are ditching a home phone for, myself included. I just wish unlimited plans were more affordable... or that everybody was on the same network. Instead of Verizon to Verizon or ATT to ATT... what about LTE to LTE
    05-20-09 10:53 AM
    I love how you fail to mention the fact that in the other 5 regions of the JD power study sprint was still in the bottom. Fanboyism at its finest... oh and also how the customer service is also rated the worst in studies done.....
    Where does it say Sprint was at the bottom? If you're talking about the full JD Powers report you are incorrect Fanboy, ATT&T would be at the bottom as they didn't even get an honorable mention, neither did TMO for that matter.

Customer Service is rated the worst? Hm, guess you missed the link stating that in Q3&4 of '08 Sprint took the number 1 spot.
    05-20-09 12:25 PM
    Lol... cell phones are becoming so popular alot of people are ditching a home phone for, myself included.
    I haven't had a home phone in about 10 years, I calculate over $4200 in savings and thats not calculating long distance.
    05-20-09 12:31 PM
    Regardless of who's at the bottom. Sprint's WiMax pretty much guarantee's handset manufacturers will have to spend MORE money on developing chipsets for it, or just not at all.

Why would they when the rest of the world will be on LTE?

I see Sprint putting all it's dollars behind the Palm Pre which I dont believe is even WiMax compatible..

Here's to hoping it has success.. If it doesn't, Sprint will be at the hurting end of the stick.
    05-20-09 12:32 PM
    Here's to hoping it has success.. If it doesn't, Sprint will be at the hurting end of the stick.
    Here's hoping for Sprint and Pre to be a great success, competition loves consumers and vice versa. I hope there are no mergers in the next 5 years, I doubt it but hopeful.
    05-20-09 12:43 PM
    Where does it say Sprint was at the bottom? If you're talking about the full JD Powers report you are incorrect Fanboy, ATT&T would be at the bottom as they didn't even get an honorable mention, neither did TMO for that matter.

Customer Service is rated the worst? Hm, guess you missed the link stating that in Q3&4 of '08 Sprint took the number 1 spot.
    Really took the number 1 spot????

See our first customer service Ratings for cellular carriers

um to me that looks like dead last, and not even close to being there either. And dont say that oh blah blah its consumer reports. 51,700 people reviewing something from all over the united states is better than roomful of people. also note that if you go to the JD power website and search, sprint is still the near the bottom in 5 out of 6 areas. I also love how I called you out for being a sprint fanboy and you tried to call me a fanboy, yet I have stated no allegiance to one carrier. I merely stated that Sprint is the worst all around, which I have almost 52k people backing me up in that claim
    05-20-09 12:49 PM
    So what does this argument have to do with the iphone. This thread has become a carrier debate and has nothing to do with the original topic.

05-20-09 12:53 PM
    This one time in band camp...
    05-20-09 12:57 PM
548 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD