I personally don't care for the iphone. Even if it came to verizon I would still stay with a blackberry of sorts. My storm is great even with its imperfections.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 11:59 AM
    While I definitely call BS on much of what has been said so far, your evidence to the counter is just as useless and lame. If you can't cite a credible source, your information may as well be written in play-doh.
    Norsk, I'm not jumping on you so dont take it that way. Right about now, the source is a moot point. You've been around here long enough to know that there have been plenty of people who've posted stuff but couldnt risk getting their source in trouble.

As anyone us of, all you can do is wait and see. Whether you call BS or not, the fact remains you don't need a source for what time will definitely tell! You feel me?
    05-14-09 12:49 PM
    I personally don't care for the iphone. Even if it came to verizon I would still stay with a blackberry of sorts. My storm is great even with its imperfections.

When I got mine, ALL I wanted was for it to be with my carrier. The more I used it, the more the hype wore off and I didnt care that much for it anymore.
    05-14-09 12:50 PM
    Onthelowlow,

I like many others are excited about a Verizon Wireless Iphone and really hope what you say is true. However, can you explain what the Apple execs said in this link: "macnn.com/articles/09/05/12/kaufman.vs.apple.execs"

Thanks
    05-14-09 01:20 PM
    Onthelowlow,

I like many others are excited about a Verizon Wireless Iphone and really hope what you say is true. However, can you explain what the Apple execs said in this link: "macnn.com/articles/09/05/12/kaufman.vs.apple.execs"

Thanks
    I don't know how much I believe what the Apple execs are quoted saying in this article. Why then are they hiring CDMA techs?

And I just spoke with Sprint BB tech support, when I brought up the iPhone she said the last she heard it wouldn't be coming to Sprint because Apple won't allow Sprint to brand the phone, then she said you never know things may change.
    05-14-09 02:29 PM
    "In a conference call late Wednesday, Verizon Wireless announced that it's shifting the planned rollout of its 4G LTE network to the second half of 2010, with national coverage in 2013 and complete coverage in 2015.

From Electronista:

Initially slated for early 2010, the Long Term Evolution (LTE) network is now said by wireless chief Lowell McAdam to be fully commercial for the second half of that year in 20 to 30 markets."

even more evidence how ridiculous an LTE iphone this year is.
    05-14-09 02:37 PM
    I don't know how much I believe what the Apple execs are quoted saying in this article. Why then are they hiring CDMA techs?

And I just spoke with Sprint BB tech support, when I brought up the iPhone she said the last she heard it wouldn't be coming to Sprint because Apple won't allow Sprint to brand the phone, then she said you never know things may change.
    They hired CDMA techs for the Chinese CDMA iPhone. Also, I do not think Apple will ever consider Sprint.
    05-14-09 04:16 PM
    Also, I do not think Apple will ever consider Sprint.
    And why don't you think Apple would consider Sprint?
    05-14-09 06:55 PM
    And why don't you think Apple would consider Sprint?
    One because the network is continuously going downhill. Apple will not associate themselves with that type of business. Two, Apple will not make a WiMax iPhone. It's bad enough that they MIGHT need to make a CDMA/GSM/LTE iPhone. Add WiMax into the picture and the phone will cost at least $1600. I don't have a third reason, and I know this is just speculation, but I really cannot see Apple wanting their business with Sprint.
    05-14-09 07:19 PM
    I work for ATT. I asked about this rumor and with the exclusive, this can't be true.
    05-14-09 07:22 PM
    U should not post false info the way u do. Anyone that high up in the food chain would not risk there great job just to let us know what we will find out anyway.Every one should just calm down wait and see. It's just a phone.
    05-14-09 07:59 PM
    U should not post false info the way u do. Anyone that high up in the food chain would not risk there great job just to let us know what we will find out anyway.Every one should just calm down wait and see. It's just a phone.
    AMEN! But saying it's just a phone to people who actually sleep with it (which I'll never understand why), may get you castrated around here.
    05-14-09 09:19 PM
    Norsk, I'm not jumping on you so dont take it that way. Right about now, the source is a moot point. You've been around here long enough to know that there have been plenty of people who've posted stuff but couldnt risk getting their source in trouble.

As anyone us of, all you can do is wait and see. Whether you call BS or not, the fact remains you don't need a source for what time will definitely tell! You feel me?

Oh, I definitely understand :P

But the unfortunate thing is I know how badly people react when the rumors they want to believe don't come true and I'm sitting in the back row saying "I told you to ask for proof". For every morsel of real news that gets posted with sources, there are ten tidbits of "I overheard at work...." written by Joe-this-is-my-first-post-and-I-can't/won't-give-any-proof, ya know? I'm an advocate of responsible reporting and accountability among both the news sources and the people that spread them.

In this particular scenario, I was critical of someone who refuted one statement with an unreliable source with another unreliable source. I mean, it's like using the Bible to try and disprove the Book of Mormon. (Sorry if I offended anyone, but you understand my point)
    05-14-09 10:02 PM
    Closed for maintenance.
    05-15-09 08:49 AM
    Still cleaning up... keep it on topic and away from bashing/attacking. Thanks.

There should be none of that after this post.
    05-15-09 07:47 PM
    I want an iPhone.

That is all.

05-15-09 11:41 PM
    This would be sweet. I was thinking about getting an iPhone, and actually went to an AT&T retailer, but they wanted me to put down a $500 security deposit. This both baffled and angered me since, five months ago, I was cleared for six to eight lines and a free phone with no deposit on Verizon, AND I have perfect credit.

I didn't even argue with the guy. I just left. If he didn't want my money, I wasn't going to give it to him. I'll just wait until Veirzon picks up the thing (if they ever do) and add it with NO security deposit to one of my pre-approved, remaining, five lines...
    Just get a storm

05-16-09 12:28 AM
    So we are getting different stories from VZW workers. I hope VZW customers aren't waiting for the iPhone this summer cause it ain't gonna happen.
    are you really shocked that VZW workers have different stories? I am sure they have different pay scales as well, and this info could be a bit above this gentlemens rank! Not saying I am a believer, but seriously.
    05-18-09 08:46 AM
    One because the network is continuously going downhill. Apple will not associate themselves with that type of business. Two, Apple will not make a WiMax iPhone. It's bad enough that they MIGHT need to make a CDMA/GSM/LTE iPhone. Add WiMax into the picture and the phone will cost at least $1600. I don't have a third reason, and I know this is just speculation, but I really cannot see Apple wanting their business with Sprint.
    Can you give factual proof that their network is "continuously going down hill?"

Where do you come up with your cost estimation?
    05-18-09 11:38 AM
    are you really shocked that VZW workers have different stories? I am sure they have different pay scales as well, and this info could be a bit above this gentlemens rank! Not saying I am a believer, but seriously.
    No I'm not shocked, I really wanted the Storm but cannot see myself switching to VZW. Sike.

Anywho I think there is more evidence that VZW will probably get the iPhone summer 10 than 09.
    05-18-09 12:30 PM
    Can you give factual proof that their network is "continuously going down hill?"

Where do you come up with your cost estimation?
    I can give proof. Look at their ratings. What's not to know that Sprint sucks, I'm pretty sure that's nationally known, but that doesn't mean it's not good for some people. Search the forums, I believe they lost another couple million customers last year. Here are some links about how bad they are. I can't find the exact one I'm talking about though, it is here somewhere on the forums. These links are from 2008.

Moody's says may cut Sprint ratings to junk | Reuters
    S&P cuts Sprint rating to just above junk - Baltimore Business Journal:

And you ask about cost estimate? Well I'm just factoring in the the current iPhone 3G costs, which is $599 or $699 I believe? Add in a CDMA radio, WiMax radio, LTE radio and all GSM radios, plus add the new hardware costs and it will be up there. Unless Apple does spend their time to create a different device for each carrier. I know it won't be $1600(was exaggerating) but with just having all types of radios in it I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches around $1000.
    05-18-09 04:51 PM
    I can give proof. Look at their ratings. What's not to know that Sprint sucks, I'm pretty sure that's nationally known, but that doesn't mean it's not good for some people. Search the forums, I believe they lost another couple million customers last year. Here are some links about how bad they are. I can't find the exact one I'm talking about though, it is here somewhere on the forums. These links are from 2008.

Moody's says may cut Sprint ratings to junk | Reuters
    S&P cuts Sprint rating to just above junk - Baltimore Business Journal:

And you ask about cost estimate? Well I'm just factoring in the the current iPhone 3G costs, which is $599 or $699 I believe? Add in a CDMA radio, WiMax radio, LTE radio and all GSM radios, plus add the new hardware costs and it will be up there. Unless Apple does spend their time to create a different device for each carrier. I know it won't be $1600(was exaggerating) but with just having all types of radios in it I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches around $1000.
    Your proof doesn't say that the first links story was in Fri May 16, 2008 and the second is Wednesday January 23, 2008.
    If you're going to provide proof, can it at least be 2009 information you're providing links too.
    05-18-09 09:25 PM
    Your proof doesn't say that the first links story was in Fri May 16, 2008 and the second is Wednesday January 23, 2008.
    If you're going to provide proof, can it at least be 2009 information you're providing links too.
    Consumer Reports released one in jan or feb of 2009.. sprint was dead last in most of the tested areas....
    05-18-09 09:30 PM
    If you read what I said then you would understand why I don't have an article from 2009. I can't find it.

05-19-09 08:48 AM
    If you read what I said then you would understand why I don't have an article from 2009. I can't find it.

Oh I read what you said. I guess what you didn't understand is that old news is not current proof; esp in this day and age.

Google is your friend.
    05-19-09 09:47 AM
548 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD