It is confirmed that iphone is coming to vzw...date? Very soon...there is a training for all emp on the internal training intranet website. Stay tune folks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:29 PM
    Given that the exclusivity agreement with AT&T runs through 2010, this seems suspect. Unless they made an exception since Verizon is CDMA instead of GSM...

05-08-09 06:49 PM
    According to business week it will be some type of iPhone lite on the LTE network coming in 2010
    New Gear from Apple and Verizon Wireless? - BusinessWeek

What is truth vs rumor is still a mystery
    05-08-09 07:17 PM
    This would be sweet. I was thinking about getting an iPhone, and actually went to an AT&T retailer, but they wanted me to put down a $500 security deposit. This both baffled and angered me since, five months ago, I was cleared for six to eight lines and a free phone with no deposit on Verizon, AND I have perfect credit.

I didn't even argue with the guy. I just left. If he didn't want my money, I wasn't going to give it to him. I'll just wait until Veirzon picks up the thing (if they ever do) and add it with NO security deposit to one of my pre-approved, remaining, five lines...
    05-10-09 10:31 PM
    can't imagine an "iPhone lite" being that great..
    05-11-09 01:46 AM
    According to business week it will be some type of iPhone lite on the LTE network coming in 2010
    New Gear from Apple and Verizon Wireless? - BusinessWeek

What is truth vs rumor is still a mystery
    actually there was a rebuttled saying it wasnt an iphone but a ms phone called pink and it is now put on hold

Verizon, Microsoft to Launch iPhone Killer 'Pink' in 2010 - PC World
    05-11-09 05:11 AM
    Thenamelessone is correct. We just received confirmation as of Saturday that the iphone will be coming to Verizon in 2009. there was no specific date given. The CEO of Verizon was actually here in Cupertino this weekend over at Apple. The deal has been reached and jsut to let you know I only have one post under me as i changed my name as to not put myself at risk.

Also the phone will not be a iphone lite as speculated it will be the same iphone that AT&T has on their network. Also since apple has hired around 20 CDMA employees over the last few months we figured this was coming but everything was confirmed to me on Saturday afternoon. I will update with more information soon.
    05-11-09 09:27 AM
    It is confirmed that iphone is coming to vzw...date? Very soon...there is a training for all emp on the internal training intranet website. Stay tune folks...

How about a pic of that screen showing the training that is available. It would add a lot more credibility to your claim.. Just a thought
    05-11-09 09:35 AM
    I hope you are right, as more competition means better phones for "us" VZW customers. Especially with regards to the STORM, this would KILL IT!
    05-11-09 09:40 AM
    Hello everyone! Just received the news and confirmation that alot of us have been looking for and speculating on. Is the Iphone coming to Verizon? Well the answer is a resounding yes. I know that there are alot of you thinking this person has only 1 post but I had to register this morning under a new name as this information was to good to keep to my self.

Well I along with about 20 other Verizon employees of differing status in the company have received actual confirmation the the Iphone will indeed be coming to Verizon guaranteed in 2009. They have actually been working on this for about 8-9 months and Apple has hired about 20 EV-DO , CDMA executives over the last several months. Everyone within the company is very excited that this deal has been solidified. Also there were a few questions allowed during the meeting, the most important being was if the Iphone would be a mirror image of what is on AT&T it will be for the most part except that Verizon will be receiving the Iphone 4G. I know that sounds far fetched but please believe me that we have LTE already up and being tested in alot more cities than you know. We were all surprised to find out what Verizon has been doing, but it was a very pleasant surprise. I know that the full roll out will not be until next year but select markets will begin using the LTE standard this year as we all know.

Those surveys that were given to people who have left Verizon and went to another carrier were what made Verizon make the jump. As a whopping 92% of the people who left Verizon stated they left for the Iphone. I will update you all with more information later as I have to get going. Just know that this was inevitable as Verizon has very deep pockets and they made sure that nothing was going to stop them from maintaining their #1 NA status. Hope you all have a great day.
    05-11-09 10:01 AM
    Hello everyone! Just received the news and confirmation that alot of us have been looking for and speculating on. Is the Iphone coming to Verizon? Well the answer is a resounding yes. I know that there are alot of you thinking this person has only 1 post but I had to register this morning under a new name as this information was to good to keep to my self.

Well I along with about 20 other Verizon employees of differing status in the company have received actual confirmation the the Iphone will indeed be coming to Verizon guaranteed in 2009. They have actually been working on this for about 8-9 months and Apple has hired about 20 EV-DO , CDMA executives over the last several months. Everyone within the company is very excited that this deal has been solidified. Also there were a few questions allowed during the meeting, the most important being was if the Iphone would be a mirror image of what is on AT&T it will be for the most part except that Verizon will be receiving the Iphone 4G. I know that sounds far fetched but please believe me that we have LTE already up and being tested in alot more cities than you know. We were all surprised to find out what Verizon has been doing, but it was a very pleasant surprise. I know that the full roll out will not be until next year but select markets will begin using the LTE standard this year as we all know.

Those surveys that were given to people who have left Verizon and went to another carrier were what made Verizon make the jump. As a whopping 92% of the people who left Verizon stated they left for the Iphone. I will update you all with more information later as I have to get going. Just know that this was inevitable as Verizon has very deep pockets and they made sure that nothing was going to stop them from maintaining their #1 NA status. Hope you all have a great day.
    Hey lowlow why don't you give us something more than your word?.. No offense but this is only your 2nd post(under this name) and if you have recieved "actual confirmation" then I'm guessing it's gotta be more than verbal. An e-mail or a memo(Did you get that memo?) or something that can have a picture taken and posted on here. Otherwise there is no reason for any of us to take this for more than just a rumor that has absolutely no substance..
    05-11-09 10:26 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it...
    05-11-09 10:54 AM
    Sorry you feel that way. I am just sharing information that I know to be true. You will see soon enough. FYI...I am much taller than a Troll
    Regardless whether this information is true or not, RIM would not be happy to hear someone that claims to be working for VZW is leaking information about the iPhone coming to their carrier.
    05-11-09 11:44 AM
    Regardless whether this information is true or not, RIM would not be happy to hear someone that claims to be working for VZW is leaking information about the iPhone coming to their carrier.
    Where did this come from? I never heard him say antyhing about RIM...
    05-11-09 11:58 AM
    RIM wouldn't be happy at all to hear the iPhone is coming to Verizon. Apple would decimate RIM should that be the case. I cannot see RIM letting this happen.
    05-11-09 12:17 PM
    RIM wouldn't be happy at all to hear the iPhone is coming to Verizon. Apple would decimate RIM should that be the case. I cannot see RIM letting this happen.
    I understand they wouldn't be happy.. My only question was why he said that when he did. The OP or lowlow never said anything about RIM so it seemed a off topic. As you can see from my previous posts I am trying to get them to post some sort of proof and they are ignoring me so more than likely they are just looking for their 15 mins...
    05-11-09 12:23 PM
    I understand they wouldn't be happy.. My only question was why he said that when he did. The OP or lowlow never said anything about RIM so it seemed a off topic. As you can see from my previous posts I am trying to get them to post some sort of proof and they are ignoring me so more than likely they are just looking for their 15 mins...
    Definitely not ignoring you and I don't need the 15 mins. I am just trying to inform the masses as to what is going on. As stated in my earlier post there were only a limited number of employees there so I definitely have to be careful. By the way they did not give us any hand outs or anything like that. June 8 is right around the corner. mark my words on this day that we will al receive confirmation on everything that I stated earlier and more.
    05-11-09 01:05 PM
    You do know that Apple is designing a CDMA based iPhone for China right? Just because you saw Apple hiring CDMA execs, doesn't mean they are making a CDMA iPhone for Verizon.

Why would they? LTE is right around the corner. You're saying Apple will spend a TON of money making a device, then Verizon will throw up a new technology which will require Apple spend MORE money making a NEW LTE device for Verizon? Doesn't make sense.. especially if you follow Apple's spending habbits.

I'm not doubting you.. but perhaps you are taking what you saw as something else and coming to your own conclusions. Unless Apple breaks their AT&T exclusivity contract, and AT&T sues them, there will not be an iPhone on Verizon in all of '09

Maybe it's an iPhone OS device..? A device running the iPhone OS seems WAAAAAAAAY more plausible than the actual iPhone device.

Obviously if you're under NDA, theres not much you can say, but I still question the authenticity of this.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-11-09 at 01:11 PM.
    05-11-09 01:07 PM
    You do know that Apple is designing a CDMA based iPhone for China right? Just because you saw Apple hiring CDMA execs, doesn't mean they are making a CDMA iPhone for Verizon.

Why would they? LTE is right around the corner. You're saying Apple will spend a TON of money making a device, then Verizon will throw up a new technology which will require Apple spend MORE money making a NEW LTE device for Verizon? Doesn't make sense.. especially if you follow Apple's spending habbits.

I'm not doubting you.. but perhaps you are taking what you saw as something else and coming to your own conclusions. Unless Apple breaks their AT&T exclusivity contract, and AT&T sues them, there will not be an iPhone on Verizon in all of '09

Maybe it's an iPhone OS device..? A device running the iPhone OS seems WAAAAAAAAY more plausible than the actual iPhone device.

Obviously if you're under NDA, theres not much you can say, but I still question the authenticity of this.
    I do know that China has a CDMA network. As stated this phone will not just be a CDMA phone. Without putting myself out there too much the Iphone for Verizon will be the Iphone LTE. You can quote me on that! Verizon currently has a number of cities up and running LTE right now. Alot of us within the company had no idea at all that so many cities had already begun testing for LTE. We were informed that this was the case and the Iphone will be using the LTE standard.

Lastly I am definitely not drawing my own conclusions as this information came straight from the horses mouth. In due time all will be revealed, but the new Iphone will be built with the new Verizon LTE network in mind. I know that there are other posters on here who were at this meeting. Please feel free to add your 2 cents in as well.
    05-11-09 01:19 PM
    U can't expect him to put his job on the line.
    But if VZW did get the iphone I might consider switching to
    it. Hope u aren't pulling our legs
    05-11-09 01:25 PM
    U can't expect him to put his job on the line.
    But if VZW did get the iphone I might consider switching to
    it. Hope u aren't pulling our legs
    Definitely not pulling your legs. i am just as excited as anyone else. i love the network but I definitely wish that we had some better phones.
    05-11-09 01:30 PM
    Verizon's LTE wont be voice until after 2010.

Verizon's '09/early '10 LTE will be data only, with aircards being the first round.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-11-09 at 04:55 PM.
    05-11-09 01:42 PM
    And they could stop this how? RIM does not own Verizon.
    05-11-09 03:35 PM
    And they could stop this how? RIM does not own Verizon.
    A better exclusive device and a lot of money. Still, Verizon would make more money with the iPhone.
    05-11-09 04:51 PM
    I work for vzw and I can categorically confirm that there have been no trainings regarding the iphone or anything remotely close to the iphone...It will be 2010 before any of this talk ramps up.
    05-11-09 05:10 PM
548 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD