Forbes posted this, thought you guys might be interested. Because of the verizon CDMA deal, and t- mobile using the sim. I thought it would make sense until they could come up with a verizon deal. Also it could get them another stream of revanue. Thoughts?

http://blogs.forbes.com/velocity/2010/07/21/iphone-coming-to-t-mobile/?partner=yahootix

T-Mobile USA could get the iPhone this fall, Cult of Mac's Leander Kahney reports, citing a "highly-placed source" at the wireless carrier. Such a move would beat Verizon to the iPhone, and end AT&T's status as the only carrier offering the iPhone in the United States.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 12:20 AM
    We'll it's not to surprising, in NYC alot of tmo stores unlock iPhones, and let's say you have a bb and buy a iPhone, you have to switch data plans, they have a specific iPhone data plan so it's kinda like they were already on board. I use an iPhone on tmo btw:-)

07-22-10 01:14 AM
    Yeah I also gather that t- mob is cheaper. If that is true I'd be curious as to whether the larger carrier (AT&T ) will look at there prices.

07-22-10 02:25 AM
    I dont see it happening unless there are bands the Apple didnt reveal that the phone does.

Tmo uses totally different 3G bands (1700 and 2100) so itd take a totally new phone to be produced, again, unless the chip in there does those bands and its just been held in secret until now (which I have large doubts on as the FCC would have had to know about it).

With the rumors swirling about DT's desire to sell their USA Tmo operation, and the sheer lack of customers (33-34 million total vs ATT's 80+ million), I just dont see them being an attractive option to produce a whole new version of the phone for. Itd be a pretty big risk for a phone they couldnt sell anywhere else due to the 3G band difference.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-22-10 at 02:40 AM.
    07-22-10 02:29 AM
    Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought the ATT/Apple alliance was good till 2012?
    07-22-10 05:28 AM
    its all speculation.

i think at this point anyone can say anything and the news will report it. i mean if the janitor in the factory in china said he saw them making orange phones people would probably believe that too.
    07-22-10 08:31 AM
    its all speculation.

i think at this point anyone can say anything and the news will report it. i mean if the janitor in the factory in china said he saw them making orange phones people would probably believe that too.
    So you mean the orange iPhone is just a RUMOR??!!!
    07-22-10 03:19 PM
    Pigs could learn to fly the end of the year too. Anything is possible...
    07-22-10 03:55 PM
    When and if it happens there goes people trying to make enormous profit by selling unlocked iPhones to t-mobile users. Now your best bet will be overseas or Canada to make a lot.
    07-22-10 04:37 PM
    It could happen, but it wont.
    07-22-10 04:52 PM
    We'll it's not to surprising, in NYC alot of tmo stores unlock iPhones, and let's say you have a bb and buy a iPhone, you have to switch data plans, they have a specific iPhone data plan so it's kinda like they were already on board. I use an iPhone on tmo btw:-)

Posted from my CrackBerrywapforums.crackberry.com
    How can tmobile unlock the phones. As far as I know there is no such software by apple and if there is it's internal. All phones that are to be used on multi carriers out of the states are sold factory unlocked and that's it
    07-22-10 08:43 PM
    Well there's user unlocks like Ultrasnow, etc, but true Tmo could probably get in trouble if their corp stores are doing unlocks. Its a violation of the contract between ATT and Apple and probably tinkering with Apple's software.
    07-22-10 09:01 PM
    hmmmm this one is a suprise lol rumors after rumors after rumors about the iphone coming to another network. Ill beleive it when Apple announces it but till the ATT it is.
    07-22-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD