So here's the situation i'm in: I just got out of contract with verizon, I tried the Tour and LOVED it, but returned it so I could take the iPhone for a spin. I love it more, but att service, not so much....

Where I am, verizon service is much better. I never lose phone service with ATT, but the 3g is eh.

So with rumors flying all over about the iphone coming to verizon, I wanted to know your opinions; i have a couple options.

Keep the 3gs, and end up locked in a 2 year contract with AT&T (with the option of paying the early termination fee PLUS iphone fee on verizon to switch back)

Or

Get the tour with a 1 year contract on verizon - and if the iphone comes over, just upgrade to it.

The more i play with the iphone the more i enjoy it. A few minor grievances, but overall i'm very satisfied with it. I'm not sure I want to go back to the tour because of the web browsing. The iphone is just more capable with it.
    09-02-09 12:19 PM
    The iPhone may be coming to VDUB-

But not anytime soon-

Atleast, not soon enough to warrant waiting it out.
    09-02-09 12:28 PM
    Most the reason I'd need 3G (browsing/email) is done at home - or at my office - both of which have wifi - so for me not having 3G where I am the most isn't a concern. And in the other places I go I normally do have 3G - so it's a wash. I never realized when I was with VZW how much I'd actually use wifi (if I had it) until I switched to ATT and started using it.

My VZW service was better as well - but I like the iPhone enough that I don't mind.
    09-02-09 12:39 PM
    I never realized when I was with VZW how much I'd actually use wifi (if I had it) until I switched to ATT and started using it.

My VZW service was better as well - but I like the iPhone enough that I don't mind.
    Did your Verizon device have WiFi? I'm guessing probably not. If it did, you probably still would have used WiFi because WiFi > and carriers service.
    09-02-09 01:31 PM
    Did your Verizon device have WiFi? I'm guessing probably not. If it did, you probably still would have used WiFi because WiFi > and carriers service.
    Correct - I had a Curve with VZW which = no wifi. Maybe I'm mistaken but I have always assumed there are no VZW phones with wifi?
    09-02-09 01:37 PM
    Correct - I had a Curve with VZW which = no wifi. Maybe I'm mistaken but I have always assumed there are no VZW phones with wifi?
    there are several phones on verizon that have wifi, unfortunately they are all window mobile phones...storm 2 will have wifi as well as all future BB's including the Curve 2 and the Essex (upgraded Tour)
    09-03-09 02:25 PM
    Where do you live? can I have a zip code? I like to look at the coverage map for Verizon, and AT&T and see how it is.. If AT&T looks okay with 3G I would say switch over. I have been a customer for almost 10 years, I love it.

Also, who knows if the iPhone will go with Verizon, its all just talk, who knows when that is going to happen all people have is thoughs, ideas.. Nothing is official yet.
    09-03-09 06:08 PM
    "Get the tour with a 1 year contract on verizon - and if the iphone comes over, just upgrade to it."

Any rumors of iPhone coming to VZW i have read/heard all mention this happening within a year, so take this next year and enjoy your time with the BB. Don't let go just yet!

In my experience, you will grow to despise the phone you have (any phone, even the iPhone) if your cell service is poor. Honestly, the cell service makes up 75% of your total satisfaction with the phone you use.

In some places, AT&T is better than VZW, and vice-versa.
    Last edited by wryun; 09-04-09 at 09:43 AM.
    09-04-09 09:38 AM
    i switched from VZW to AT&T and now i wished i would have stayed with VZW service was way better never had dropped calls until i came to AT&T... hope VZW gets the iphone soon.....
    09-05-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD