LOL @ at all the people thinking the iPhone can't do this and the iPhone can't do that

a jailbroken iPhone can do many of things mentioned in this thread, such as copy and pasting, sending picture messages, etc..

please do your research before posting lies
    02-24-09 09:18 PM
    agreed...

anytime it comes to comparisons against the iphone, thats when the faulty information, dumb comparisons come in

i have a storm but i admit..for the things the iphone DOES have, it does it 10x better than any other phone (storm included)

Sure it doesn't have cut and paste, MMS, blah blah, but the browser is 20x better than any other phone and the media capabilities? Clear winner here

the storm does alot but it doesn't do things extremely well (IMO)
    02-24-09 09:26 PM
    LOL @ at all the people thinking the iPhone can't do this and the iPhone can't do that

a jailbroken iPhone can do many of things mentioned in this thread, such as copy and pasting, sending picture messages, etc..

please do your research before posting lies
    I think most of us know that. The point is it should do these things without having to modify. If the phone is capable of these things then it should do them straight from Apple. And you can't add stereo BT support, a camera flash, auto focus, expandable memory, OR replaceable battery by jailbreaking. That's five reasons right there why I didn't buy a second iPhone and get a family plan on AT&T.
    02-24-09 10:43 PM
    First and foremost nobody truely knows when the contract ends besides ATT and Apple, so please people get your facts straight. Secondly these rumors have been flying around since it was seen on apple's job boards that they were looking for people with a knowledge in CDMA. So this is nothing new, and all the contract talks are RUMORS. If nothing else im sure that when apple goes to LTE in 2011 that an iphone will be useable on the verizon network.
    02-25-09 08:19 AM
    I'm pretty sure AT&T and Apple have a VERY strict contract and I SERIOUSLY doubt (almost 99.9% positive) that iPhone will definitely not be released to any other carriers any time soon. Maybe sometime in the distant future, but I'm pretty sure AT&T paid a pretty penny to have exclusive rights to sell the iPhone. And for the people saying that the iPhone was a bad investment for AT&T, give me a break. The iPhone has been a HUGE seller. I would definitely say it's the most popular device created as of yet. I'm sure all of the other carriers are envious of the success of AT&T and the iPhone and they probably wish they would have been the ones that scored the contract with Apple. I'm not an iPhone fanatic, but you can't deny the success of the iPhone. The economy is bad right now, so sales probably aren't where they would want them to be, but the iPhone is still selling better than any phone out there.
    02-25-09 09:51 AM
    If verizon gets an Iphone I would definitely swap my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:58 AM
    Guys/Gals i said this in a thread i made 1-2 months ago, but people cried, others fainted and some killed themselves over it. It is speculation, but I have heard this myself, from a rumor mill buzzing around in corporate. So, don't get a wedgie just yet, calm down.. breathe, have a cigarette if you must. Just don't jump down any throats
    02-25-09 10:03 AM
    I've said it before - maybe in this thread - but it is not going to happen any time soon if at all.
    02-25-09 10:35 AM
    If it were to happen, little at&t would suffer from the hit
    02-25-09 10:39 AM
    agreed...

anytime it comes to comparisons against the iphone, thats when the faulty information, dumb comparisons come in

i have a storm but i admit..for the things the iphone DOES have, it does it 10x better than any other phone (storm included)

Sure it doesn't have cut and paste, MMS, blah blah, but the browser is 20x better than any other phone and the media capabilities? Clear winner here

the storm does alot but it doesn't do things extremely well (IMO)

the g1 does the internet just as good as the iphone if not better, also has a youtube app just like iphone, you can buy music just like the iphone, can do mms just likee... nope not like iphone. yes you can do it if you jailbrake but what about the average joe who does no how to do that. i would not get unless they fix those lil problem. why do i have to unlock a phone to do the most simple task that even a cheap moto can do. just my opinion
    02-25-09 12:05 PM
    Honestly, you wont be seeing a Iphone 3G on VZW, current speculation is Iphone is AT&T exclusive for awhile.

And no, i wouldnt switch phones...no point.
    02-25-09 01:53 PM
    I think most of us know that. The point is it should do these things without having to modify. If the phone is capable of these things then it should do them straight from Apple. And you can't add stereo BT support, a camera flash, auto focus, expandable memory, OR replaceable battery by jailbreaking. That's five reasons right there why I didn't buy a second iPhone and get a family plan on AT&T.
    So loading 13,215 betas and 4 hybrids to try and get the phone to work as its supposed to is a better choice than Jailbreaking once to get tons of new features?

I have to think about that one hmmmmm

02-25-09 02:44 PM
    Is the verdict in Is the storm a success if so why is vzw doing a two for one promo
    02-25-09 02:58 PM
    Is the verdict in Is the storm a success if so why is vzw doing a two for one promo
    You just answered your own question : )

But stay on topic. Verizon and iPhone. Thanks

02-25-09 03:01 PM
    i love my iphone, but ive loved every blackberry ive owned. as far as verizon getting an iphone, its not a sure thing, but i wouldnt be surprised if it happened
    02-25-09 09:49 PM
    ATT JUST GOT A INTO A BAD DEAL WITH APPLE. ONE THING VERIZON KNOWS IS BUSINESS.. THATS WHY THEY PASSED THE FIRST TIME . BUT I THINK THEY WOULD PICK IT UP WITH THE RIGHT TERMS. ALL YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IS THE WAY THE 3G IPHONE SOLD... THERE GETTING THAT PHONE BY THE END OF SUMMER. THATS THE WORD INSIDE VERIZON . STORM SALES HAVE BEEN ON THE DECLINE SINCE THEY RELEASED IT. THEY KNOW THAT IF THEY CAN RELEASE THE IPHONE ON THERE NETWORK PEOPLE WOULD SWITCH FROM ATT TO VERIZON TO TRY THE IPHONE THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE USED WHEN THEY FIRST CAME UP WITH THE IDEA. REMEMBER THEY SETTLED WITH ATT BUT WENT TO VERIZON FIRST. JOBS WANTED THE BEST BUT COULDNT GET TERMS RIGHT . I WONT TRADE MY STORM IN THOUGH , I LOVE THE BLACKBERRY OS
    02-26-09 08:48 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD