If there was a commercial on tv it would be showering on all kinds of websites right now including places like BGR and such...
    If BGR acted like BGR, they would claim there was a commercial, then when called on it, they would then delete the original claim & say that VZW pulled the premature ad due to contract obligations. Either that or they would state that they were misled by a high-ranking VZW official.

Included in both would overzealous use of caps lock & have a lot of kidiot slang where the letter 's' is supplanted by liberal doses of the letter 'z' (iPhone RULEZZZ!!!). You would also have to send the kids to the other room due to the liberal helpings of colorful metaphors, which indicate a poor vocabulary from the various writers/posters having a low IQ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:31 PM
    If that was true, then what would the format look like? And besides, why would they need to create another touch screen phone? They already have the BlackBerry Strom.
    05-20-09 04:36 PM
    If apple comes in with their dictating commands they will be turned away again. Verizon will dictate to apple what happens with the device, not the other way around. If apple wants a high percentage of revenue, no support through Verizon Care, no Verizon brand. It will not happen they will be turned away.
    05-20-09 04:52 PM
    If that was true, then what would the format look like? And besides, why would they need to create another touch screen phone? They already have the BlackBerry Strom.
    Verizon does not create phones, they merely resell devices created by other companies and allow them to be used to access there services. When you buy a blackberry from verizon...... You are actually buying it from rim...... Through verizon. Much like when you buy a Sony big screen TV from bobs TV shop, you are buying it from Sony through Bob.

Apple has to go to vzw and talk them into carrying their phone, just as if you invented something and started a company, you would have to talk a store into selling it on your behalf.

05-20-09 05:30 PM
    correct but in the last 3 years or so the smartphone market has grown by huge numbers.. I wonder how long it will take until the smartphone market has the majority.

now because there iPhone sits at 199.00

I wonder what there advanced device pricing would be it would have to be quite a bit less or what would be the point?
    The smartphone market has grown by huge numbers, relative only to themselves. Going from 3% to 9% is a 300% increase, after all. But when you look at the numbers, much of this was driven by iPhone, which brought in a lot of dumbphone users. Advanced devices, like the Dare/Voyager, which many stats include as smartphones, add to the figures.

As far as price goes, last time I checked, for $99/mo, I can get a Premium700 plan, which includes 700min and all the calling frills associated with that, plus unlimited text/data/VCast & VZNavigator. A similar smartphone plan, minus VCast & VZNav would be $20/month more. Toss in VZNav & we're looking at $30/month more.

And before the anti-VZNav/VCast crowd jumps in with silly commentary as to how these things are inferior, they enjoy a much wider base of customers & potential customers than do smartphones - they do 90%+ of what a smartphone can do, with reliability smartphones can only dream of. All of this for a nice chunk of change left in your pocket.

These may be where the real growth is.

05-20-09 05:45 PM
    As often as possible, I try not to disagree with you as I think you generally know more than I do. However, the trend that I have seen in the Phoenix Market suggests that the Dare and its ilk are growing at around the same pace as the smartphone market.
    Yes, Matt - but what numbers are you looking at? Is it a percentage increase? If so, those are often misleading.

If advanced devices, like Dare/Voyager had 10% of the market & grew by 20%, they now have 12% of the market. If smartphones, like Saga/BlackBerry had 5% & grew by the same 20%, they now have 6% of the market. What was once a 5 point spread is now 6 points.

If they grew at the same rate, which typically means percentage, remember that advanced devices had larger initial numbers.

05-20-09 06:19 PM
    no verizons not coming out with an iphone i heard we are talking about getting a phone with microsoft. we were offered by apple to come out with the iphone before at&t but declined it due to there terms, something about if a customer calls in with issues on the iphone that we have to transfer them to apple so thats in the past now theres no way we are gonna get the iphone with verizon
    05-30-09 08:01 PM
    The smartphone market has grown by huge numbers, relative only to themselves. Going from 3% to 9% is a 300% increase, after all. But when you look at the numbers, much of this was driven by iPhone, which brought in a lot of dumbphone users. Advanced devices, like the Dare/Voyager, which many stats include as smartphones, add to the figures.

As far as price goes, last time I checked, for $99/mo, I can get a Premium700 plan, which includes 700min and all the calling frills associated with that, plus unlimited text/data/VCast & VZNavigator. A similar smartphone plan, minus VCast & VZNav would be $20/month more. Toss in VZNav & we're looking at $30/month more.

And before the anti-VZNav/VCast crowd jumps in with silly commentary as to how these things are inferior, they enjoy a much wider base of customers & potential customers than do smartphones - they do 90%+ of what a smartphone can do, with reliability smartphones can only dream of. All of this for a nice chunk of change left in your pocket.

These may be where the real growth is.

this is why I don't like when people bash the iPhone or other companys for being innovative and creating something thats worth while.

It changes things big time "a game changer"
    05-30-09 08:15 PM
    Verizon will be introducing 2 "IPHONE LIKE" devices. There will be more on this VERY soon so stay tuned......
    05-30-09 09:46 PM
    Verizon will be introducing 2 "IPHONE LIKE" devices. There will be more on this VERY soon so stay tuned......
    That sure sounds like the hype surrounding the enV Touch. Problem is, that was last week.

05-30-09 11:13 PM
    That sure sounds like the hype surrounding the enV Touch. Problem is, that was last week.

Sorry let me correct myself Verizon will be introducing 2 "Iphone like" devices from Apple. My guess is the difference will be storage capacity but that's only my opinion. Supposedly, this month (JUNE) there will be an announcement as to what the device is...
    05-31-09 10:59 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD