Video-check
    Cut and paste-Check
    Multitasking-check

Say what you want about apple but they respond to their critics but adding "missing features" with each OS update. Very soon people will run out of things to complain about and then what?

What does RIM respond with? Adding wifi and trackpad and re branding the tour as a bold??? Really????? Thats the best they could come up with? We can't even get a decent browser. I'm moving to Android in June cos I don't like itunes but RIM needs to really step it up.

I know there are thousands of similar posts but I feel we should continue until RIM does something.
    04-08-10 12:36 PM
    Then why don't you have an iPhone?

PS I posted the same thing right under your topic
    04-08-10 12:40 PM
    Bout time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 12:43 PM
    I know there are thousands of similar posts but I feel we should continue until RIM does something.
    The only way a company will hear you/care what you think is if you vote with your feet..
    The only way a company will hear you/care what you think is if you vote with your feet..
    Or your wallet?
    Yeah, i don't thinking kicking RIM will help. Money talks.

04-08-10 12:44 PM
    You metaphor hating smart a*ses
    04-08-10 12:46 PM
    Decisions, decisions. The ability to multi-task might be the factor that causes me to switch.
    04-08-10 12:47 PM
    So what else was added besides the ability to multitask without jailbreaking? Please don't tell me that's all they did. Because if so, then Apple has only got about another 5 years before the iPhone can do everything that a BB does.

I really hope they added something more though, not that I would ever buy an Apple product...
    04-08-10 12:48 PM
    Multi-Tasking is a big deal though. What can BlackBerry do that Apple can't now?

04-08-10 12:49 PM
    So what else was added besides the ability to multitask without jailbreaking? Please don't tell me that's all they did. Because if so, then Apple has only got about another 5 years before the iPhone can do everything that a BB does.

I really hope they added something more though, not that I would ever buy an Apple product...
    LOLOL

Yea? Name something. Really. I'm curious.
    04-08-10 12:52 PM
    iphone .multitasking,folders,unified inbox,games and it can do better then blackberry true html email..wake up rim or u are about to be whipped
    04-08-10 12:58 PM
    iAd is pretty amazing, I just hope it isn't annoying!
    04-08-10 12:59 PM
    Yes, sure. But Apple users don't get the pleasure of installing hybrids and leaked OSs and being beta testers for new software and finding tons of bugs. Ah ha!

04-08-10 01:00 PM
    This just made my mind up for me. If/when VZW gets the iPhone, I'm all over it. My NE2 is up in July but I'll wait as long as I need to.
    04-08-10 01:01 PM
    Now that they've added multi-tasking, I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd actually consider an iPhone. Before I would buy one, they'd have to release a model that triples the battery life, has a user-changeable battery, has much higher screen resolution, doesn't force me to use iTunes and has GREATLY improved reception and voice quality.

If they do all that, then I would consider buying one.

04-08-10 01:04 PM
    "So let's review. Multitasking, folders, enhanced mail, iBooks, enterprise, Game Kit, and iAd. And these are just seven of the 100 new user features. Now we are releasing a dev preview today."

squeeeee
    04-08-10 01:04 PM
    Now that they've added multi-tasking, I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd actually consider an iPhone. Before I would buy one, they'd have to release a model that triples the battery life, has a user-changeable battery, has much higher screen resolution, doesn't force me to use iTunes and has GREATLY improved reception and voice quality.

If they do all that, then I would consider buying one.

Triple Battery life... Well I don't think thats entirely realistic, but yea- of course I'd LOVE better battery life, but its quite good now actually.

Apple would never release a user changeable battery, so don't get your hopes up!

I'm sure the screen res will get better at this release, just because of their competition this year.

Apple will make you use iTunes no matter what. Thats their main money maker, iTunes is the main hub for the iPhone.
    04-08-10 01:07 PM
    1. I can't live with my LED light
    2. Love having flash on my camera
    3. I use my BB many times a day as a usb drive
    4. Switch batteries if I use my BB a lot through the day, or when I'm camping and can't charge for a couple days.
    5. I have multiple email accounts (gmail, yahoo, msn, school) and I want push on all of them.
    6. Don't want to be tied down to iTunes
    7. Apple needs to let the user decide how they want to use the phone. It always seems Mr. Jobs is telling consumers how to use their products. I don't want to support it's dictatorship.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but I don't want to take the time to mention them. I know you iPhone lovers will try to negate all these things, and that's just fine. I just found it funny that in the OP the three things that were "checked off" were functions that BB and many dumbphones have had for years. That when the iPhone didn't have those features it was no big deal, but now that it does, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I also realize this is only Apple's fourth phone, but they still have some catching up to do.

The iPhone is a great phone for many people, and Apple is a great company, but I they need to step up their game if they want to really compete worldwide with RIM.

I realize I'm saying this in the Apple forum so I expect some backlash from this post. I made my comments, so I will leave you all alone now to let you celebrate in this great technological advance from Apple.

Unsubscribing now...
    04-08-10 01:13 PM
    Any current iPhone/iPod users without 3GS hardware are out of luck for multitasking:

Jobs: "Now. We are releasing a developer preview today. Developers can start testing this now, and start using these APIs now. We are releasing it to users for iPhone and iPod touch this summer, for iPhone 3GS and the iPod touch 3rd generation (32 and 64GB models from fall 2009). AND for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2nd generation, they will run "many things," but there are some things they won't run, like multitasking. And we're bringing iPhone OS 4 to the iPad this fall."
    Source
    04-08-10 01:23 PM
    Any mention of any hardware updates? I guess it's still too early to mention?
    04-08-10 01:26 PM
    in addition to the above points...ui customization, removable/expandable storage, platform openness...all areas where apple has limited the potential of its product line in the name of simplicity and control. it's worked to a great extent. i think it's just part of a predictable plot to slowly but surely "update" their product and keep people hooked and waiting for the next gen device.

not to say they don't make a good product, but the past few "big" os announcements have been about functionality that apple competitors have already had for years. :shrug:
    04-08-10 01:32 PM
    Oh man, 3GS users are getting the shaft if that's true ragnarokx! But, I must say, I didn't think they'd allow multitasking on the 3GS as battery life would then be questionable...

Edit, just reread the post! Lol 3GS will get it! Cue *sigh of relief* :P

Last edited by evilhunter101; 04-08-10 at 01:36 PM.
    04-08-10 01:33 PM
    " How do you close applications when multitasking? A: (Scott) You don't have to. The user just uses things and doesn't ever have to worry about it. (Steve) It's like we said on the iPad, if you see a stylus, they blew it. In multitasking, if you see a task manager... they blew it. Users shouldn't ever have to think about it."

Now if only all companies could adopt this point of view
    04-08-10 02:08 PM
    Well atleast I'll have multitasking for a bit until I switch to WP7 later this year.

Apple couldn't have copied MS any harder on the gaming front, atleast they could be like Sony and rename it something different.

04-08-10 02:28 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD