Verizon breaks first day sales record with iPhone 4 pre-orders -- in only two hours -- Engadget

Well I guess the people have spoken. iPhone has sold more in two hours than any 1st day launch for a device from Verizon. Pretty impressive given the fact that the preorders started 3AM EST, the model is over a half year old and was limited to current Verizon customers. I wonder what it will be like next week. I like Android but Droid doesn't do that.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 02-04-11 at 08:50 AM.
    02-04-11 08:33 AM
    Yea very impressive.
    Most of the Droid users are using Android because it was the closest thing to the Iphone...If course some Love there Droid and will never jump ship to the Iphone but a lot are going to or did already.
    Android will feel the effects of apple being on Verizon.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    02-04-11 08:40 AM
    This is impressive. We will have to wait to see the actual number on release day.
    02-04-11 11:06 AM
    Be interesting to see what their network does when all of those datasuckers get activated. I've heard some mention of this on talk shows.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Teek likes this.
    02-04-11 11:49 AM
    i'm with AT&T and the more people that transfer to Verizon... the happier i'll be.
    there'll be some relief in the data traffic... or at least in theory.
    02-04-11 11:51 AM
    Verizon has no problems with all of the people using android phones. Androids use more data or just as much as the iphone does. I dont see this being an issue with Verizon at all. You may pay more with Verizon, but as the expression goes, "you only get what you pay for" In my 8 yrs with Verizon I have been everywhere and only 3 dropped calls ever. Had all of the other carriers at one point or another and honestly cant say the same thing about them
    02-04-11 12:00 PM
    Be interesting to see what their network does when all of those datasuckers get activated. I've heard some mention of this on talk shows.

Heres your answer....

Verizon says it may slow iPhone data - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com
    02-04-11 12:10 PM
    Hard to believe they sold more iPhones than Storms!
    02-04-11 12:17 PM
    i'm with AT&T and the more people that transfer to Verizon... the happier i'll be.
    there'll be some relief in the data traffic... or at least in theory.
    Yeah because it's the iPhone that's slowing down your torch
    02-04-11 12:33 PM
    Yeah because it's the iPhone that's slowing down your torch
    if you cared to look down at my signature before you posted this comment..
    you would have seen that i have owned and used iphones.. up to the iphone 3GS..and i was referring to data hogging here.
    oh wait... is this the "Your iphone 4 is the BEST phone..EVER OMG ever thread"?
    02-04-11 01:28 PM
    I'm waitin,I want to c how big red handles all this-im with sprint rite now,planin on comein over,but want to c how the network handles all this Iphone Luv!!But I didn't bank on the phone sellin so good,its a 1.05yrs old,and thing is sellin like it just came out-thats ok-thunderbolt gonna show u how's its done son!! Lol!!! ;-)

02-04-11 01:47 PM
    Yea very impressive.
    Most of the Droid users are using Android because it was the closest thing to the Iphone...If course some Love there Droid and will never jump ship to the Iphone but a lot are going to or did already.
    Android will feel the effects of apple being on Verizon.
    yes and one of the effects will be having the largest or close to the largest carrier in USA really start pushing your platform for the very first time with heavy marketing dollars. android will be fine. just fine.
    02-04-11 01:55 PM
    I'm also waiting until this "iPhone is now at Verizon" craze is over. Maybe prices will drop later too.
    Prices only drop for refurbs or when the new model is coming.
    02-04-11 02:07 PM
    I am an Apple fan (have multiple Macs, iPods, and an iPad), but didn't see this coming. I live in a great Verizon coverage area but because it wasn't out got a HTC Incredible to replace my Storm when it took a swim last summer. I really love it. I knew there would be some pent up iPhone demand, but the numbers are frankly amazing, especially since phones like the Thunderbolt, Bionic, iPhone 5, and Storm 3 are coming out soon (just kidding about the S3 and "soon.")
    02-04-11 07:30 PM
    I am an Apple fan (have multiple Macs, iPods, and an iPad), but didn't see this coming. I live in a great Verizon coverage area but because it wasn't out got a HTC Incredible to replace my Storm when it took a swim last summer. I really love it. I knew there would be some pent up iPhone demand, but the numbers are frankly amazing, especially since phones like the Thunderbolt, Bionic, iPhone 5, and Storm 3 are coming out soon (just kidding about the S3 and "soon.")
    Honestly, I would love to see what the new ip 5-does and how..but so far I am fairly satisfied with my 4, even if the 5 offers unbelievable things that I have never seen before. The thing is with the apps, as they continue to pour in and I have tried about a 100 different apps now, deleted many, kept some, and keep replacing them, depending on how useful or interesting they are, I'm fairly satisfied on the multimedia side of it. What I would want to see now is cheaper prices for the data plan and so on.. The IP5 will be here at Christmas also and a year from now too. It can wait, we'll see how my phone is gonna take the beating through this year.
    02-04-11 07:50 PM
    And the reason it is the largest network is because they had what phone to sale?
    Android is going to be ok. But that's about it IMO.
    Also ATT didn't lose the iPhone. So they will keep on promoting that because the people want that.

yes and one of the effects will be having the largest or close to the largest carrier in USA really start pushing your platform for the very first time with heavy marketing dollars. android will be fine. just fine.
    02-04-11 08:10 PM
    Honestly, I would love to see what the new ip 5-does and how..but so far I am fairly satisfied with my 4, even if the 5 offers unbelievable things that I have never seen before. The thing is with the apps, as they continue to pour in and I have tried about a 100 different apps now, deleted many, kept some, and keep replacing them, depending on how useful or interesting they are, I'm fairly satisfied on the multimedia side of it. What I would want to see now is cheaper prices for the data plan and so on.. The IP5 will be here at Christmas also and a year from now too. It can wait, we'll see how my phone is gonna take the beating through this year.
    I agree that the 4 is a sweet phone. I'm not a data freak and am mid-contract so I don't think it is worth it to change at this point. LTE would certainly be sweet since I live in one of the original markets but it isn't a deal maker or breaker. The apps are definitely getting better on Android. I wish there were widgets on iOS because I really love the Pure Calendar and Pure Messenger widgets on Froyo.
    02-04-11 09:24 PM
    i wasnt really surprised the iphone sold this well and fast in 2 hrs
    02-05-11 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD