Read this link. It will help you choose between a Bold or an iPhone. I almost went with the iPhone had it not been for all the typing I do.

Bold or iPhone
    02-21-09 11:04 AM
    Read this link. It will help you choose between a Bold or an iPhone. I almost went with the iPhone had it not been for all the typing I do.

Bold or iPhone
    Not the greatest of links.. disagreed with a lot of his points about several of the phones.
    02-21-09 01:07 PM
    Map... that right there is sexii. I sent you a PM.
    02-21-09 01:44 PM
    Not the greatest of links.. disagreed with a lot of his points about several of the phones.
    What I found true (and glad I did) was the speed at which you operate a BlackBerry. I don't know if you have ever used the Fuze but it is not quick. The iPhone is nice but again a real keyboard is to valuable to me with current tech. Not sure what you did not agree with.
    02-21-09 08:50 PM
    I've found my iPhone to be just as fast if not faster than my Bold regarding apps and browser.
    02-21-09 10:22 PM
    I am coming from the original iPhone. I then went to the 3G 8GB and then moved my way through a BB Curve and then to the Bold....now I am back to the 3G 16 GB. I can't lie, I spend 2 hrs a day on the NYC subway so I really needed a media device also. As Map said, the Bold just doesn't cut it and I was kidding myself when I thought it could.

I also firmly believe (and know) the iPhone takes better shots then my Bold does. I compared them and there is much better clarity in the iPhone, I don't know if there are different settings, but even in email people have said how good the photos were.

Picking at a few"cons" of the iPhone : keyboard and email

Keyboard: It is like anything else in life, once you keep doing it you get use to it. I had to get use to type on the Curve with the small keys and now I am getting back to typing on my iPhone. I type a decent amount of emails a day, but I send an enormous amount of texts a day and could say that I am just ask quick on the iPhone as I was on my Bold.

Email: A lot of people "believe" they need their email ASAP when in reality they can wait the 15 minutes. I rather give up that and get a much better phone in my mind then not be happy with my Bold.

What does this all mean to you? Nothing, its all about personal preference.
    02-24-09 07:12 AM
    I am having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the keyboard but I know it will come to me in time.

Also I still get push email since my school uses microsoft exchange so it has not been a problem at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:20 AM
    I have my email set to a 30 min fetch and it seems my gmail comes instantly though. It also looks A LOT nicer on the iphone.

I do have biteSMS (Jailbroken ) and I type all my text in landscape. It truly rocks.

Like you JD, I live on metro-north/subways/NYC streets all day and I just needed the ipod and phone all in one. Also, I now don't need 2 devices at the gym.

I love the fact I sync everything through one simple itunes plug in. Nokia/BB software was such a pain for me and didn't like it.

Everyday I still think of getting a new black E71 or maybe a 8900 and just buying a ipod touch, but I come back to the fact I love having this iphone and just one device.

I really hope they just add 16/32 GB only, TV OUT, more processor speed, higher res screen, and a better cam lens (even though this iphone is 10x better than my bold and e71 ever was).

My only 2 gripe with the phone is that I can't run apps in the background (multitask) and battery life. My battery will get me threw a day but barely. I guess I was just spoiled with the e71 battery life. Hopefully these 2 cons will be fixed with new hardware this summer and software 3.0.

Can't wait to see what this June/July iphone is gonna bring.
    02-24-09 11:57 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD